Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Agreed

A football conversation with somebody saying they'd rather have Watson sparked this interest in me

Great question. I really like Watson. A stud QB, I think he is one of the NFLs elite QBs and seems like a phenomenal person. I saw a piece about his life story and I will always route for Watson but not this Saturday. I think Josh Allen is also elite and I believe a better QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you’re choosing Allen over Watson you’re blinding yourself as a Bills fan. 

This shouldn’t be a debate. 

Im as big of an Allen supporter as there is, but Watson is primed to be one of the best in the league for a long long time. 

• Like (+1) 26
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, elijah said:

Im as big of an Allen supporter as there is, but Watson is primed to be one of the best in the league for a long long time. 

I mean this is the definition of being a homer.  I think Allen has done some good things but Watson might be a top 5 qb right now. He has to carry that team to wins.  Watson and our defense would be a SB contender. 

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean this is the definition of being a homer.  I think Allen has done some good things but Watson might be a top 5 qb right now. He has to carry that team to wins.  Watson and our defense would be a SB contender. 

Only if he gets to bring hopkins tunsil and fuller. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, elijah said:

Im as big of an Allen supporter as there is, but atson is primed to be one of the best in the league for a long long time

Interesting yet the guy primed to be the best for a long time has very similar numbers to Allen? (with better weapons BTW).  So that would mean Allen is Primed to be one of the best for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nuk HIDES a lot of Watson’s Flaws. ALOT 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chaos said:

Only if he gets to bring hopkins tunsil and fuller. 

Yeah, let’s just pretend Watson also wasn’t amazing in college as well.  Bills love to dismiss the talent of other qbs while they make every excuse for their own. Watson has had a garbage o line, garbage rbs, and now an average at best defense.  He’s really really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting yet the guy primed to be the best for a long time has very similar numbers to Allen? (with better weapons BTW).  So that would mean Allen is Primed to be one of the best for a long time. 

Nuk HIDES a lot of Watson’s Flaws. ALOT 

So does our defense with Allen.  Dude is a baller and he’s not even a knock against Allen.  He is off to one is the best starts of any qb in nfl history.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

allen may get there but sometimes it’s ok to admit that other guys are just better than you guy.  Of course, I’m sure mahomes would lose in a poll to Allen.  It’s ok to be objective. ?

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So does our defense with Allen.  Dude is a baller and he’s not even a knock against Allen.  He is off to one is the best starts of any qb in nfl history.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm

allen may get there but sometimes it’s ok to admit that other guys are just better than you guy.  Of course, I’m sure mahomes would lose in a poll to Allen.  It’s ok to be objective. ?

this year their numbers are very similar are the not?  Yep they are.  I like Watson I wanted him drafted. 

but comparing THIS year because that is all that matters to me. Yep they have very similar numbers. And having the best WR in the game does hide flaws. 

so if you want to be objective like you claim? Those are the realities of this year 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

this year their numbers are very similar are the not?  Yep they are.  I like Watson I wanted him drafted. 

but comparing THIS year because that is all that matters to me. Yep they have very similar numbers. And having the best WR in the game does hide flaws. 

so if you want to be objective like you claim? Those are the realities of this year 

Happy new year. I’m trying not to get in as many pointless debates this year.  Literally the only place where Watson won’t crush Allen in this poll is on a Bills board.  The guy who was a legend in college is off to a HOF start.  Maybe Allen will get there but there’s no comparison at this point.  Allen is a big play game manager on a win with defense, conservative team.  Watson has to carry a very flawed team every week.

so while Watson and Allen isn’t that close, the Bills might have the better team and that’s all that matters on Saturday. Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Happy new year. I’m trying not to get in as many pointless debates this year.  Literally the only place where Watson won’t crush Allen in this poll is on a Bills board.  The guy who was a legend in college is off to a HOF start.  Maybe Allen will get there but there’s no comparison at this point.  Allen is a big play game manager on a win with defense, conservative team.  Watson has to carry a very flawed team every week.

so while Watson and Allen isn’t that close, the Bills might have the better team and that’s all that matters on Saturday. Cheers. 

now for the record you watch exactly how many Texans game this year. 

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, let’s just pretend Watson also wasn’t amazing in college as well.  Bills love to dismiss the talent of other qbs while they make every excuse for their own. Watson has had a garbage o line, garbage rbs, and now an average at best defense.  He’s really really good. 

how many playoffs wins does watson have with his garbage and defense? 

Watson's very good, better than Allen as of right now, but I've seen him be just as inconsistent w/mechanics and poor play and that's with MUCH better guys to work with. 

This Texans team in general is totally schizophrenic. Give me the Bills and Allen this Saturday and going forward too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chaos said:

how many playoffs wins does watson have with his garbage and defense? 

Huh? He got hurt his first year and lost last year. How many does Allen have? What’s the point of this?  

you guys realize football is a team game.  You don’t think Watson would have benefited playing with the number 3 defense instead of the number 28 one like Houston is ranked?

its cool to love our guy but Watson and Allen are asked to do different things.  It’s like Mahomes last year.  He had the second worst defense in the nfl but he must be a loser because he couldn’t get them to the SB.  

• Like (+1) 1