Missed tackles the most significant reason for the loss

Nothing played a bigger role in the Bills loss.  The Bills players were there and making contact,  but on several important game plays could not bring down the pats' players .

Take away the key 6-7 missed tackles and the Bills would likely win the game.  They outplayed the Patriots for most of it.

When the other team has the ball for 40 minutes, missed tackles are going to be a huge factor. The vanilla pass rush combined with the poor tackling conspired to limit the Bills offensive chances. Not comparing the offenses in any way, but think of what happened in SB XXV. If Belichick thinks you’re vulnerable in the ground game ( and is having trouble protecting his QB) that’s what you’re going to get. They were fundamentally sloppy, and it led to the loss. 

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

When the other team has the ball for 40 minutes, missed tackles are going to be a huge factor. The vanilla pass rush combined with the poor tackling conspired to limit the Bills offensive chances. Not comparing the offenses in any way, but think of what happened in SB XXV. If Belichick thinks you’re vulnerable in the ground game ( and is having trouble protecting his QB) that’s what you’re going to get. They were fundamentally sloppy, and it led to the loss. 

I am not sure why the Bills got lazy tackling' it was odd to watch.

Especially when you know how strong some of their players can run .

odd

17 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

Missed tackles make me nerd rage.  Nothing more backbreaking 

fundamental football. seems simple enough eh ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I thought the same thing while watching. Too many missed tackles!

You can't tackle a guy above the waist, especially Harry - he's too big and strong. The Bills seemed to just be bouncing off guys!

NONE of our LB's are great on-head-on tackles.  We have a finesse group.

8 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Nothing played a bigger role in the Bills loss.  The Bills players were there and making contact,  but on several important game plays could not bring down the pats' players .

Take away the key 6-7 missed tackles and the Bills would likely win the game.  They outplayed the Patriots for most of it.

When it's the Patriots, it's never about one thing.   It's everything.   They do everything well, and they don't let themselves get beat at anything.  If you're going to beat them, you have to beat them all over the field, every minute.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Milano was bad iin tackling yesterday

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

For sure the D played the biggest part in the loss, but bad tackling was only part of the story.  They could have played better, but the Bills were getting held like crazy on every play.  It was egregious that the Patriots didn't get called once.  Not saying they couldn't have played better at all, but there was a reason that a much-maligned OL was all of the sudden all-star caliber at blocking when it hadn't been all year.  I'm pretty sure that's what Jordan Phillips' personal foul was about near the goal line.  He'd had enough and let his frustrations out.

I commend the Bills on not losing it before then, despite numerous chances to let the Pats get under their skin  - Brady grabbing Oliver's leg as he's walking by.  Edelman talking crap and then playing possum like he was concussed after committing offensive pass interference and trying to draw a flag for unnecessary roughness (at least they called it against the Pats).  A couple of DL staying on top of Allen well after the play was over on numerous occassions, the worst being the one where it looked like the DL was actually preventing him from getting up by pinning him to the ground.

The Bills will store this one away and are not intimidated, and I really don't think the Pats can take them again if they meet.   The Pats lack sportsmanship - that's why as good as Brady and Belicheat are, nobody really likes them - they're arrogant and dirty and to be honest it's why everybody wants to see them beat (not just Bills fans).

Edited by Ayjent

But I thought it was coaching on both sides of the ball?  Or Daboll's play calling?  Or McD being too conservative of a coach?  Or Josh missing 5-6 big throws that would have changed the game?  According to all those other dumb threads anyway.

So which is it?  I"m so confused!