Russ Salvatore letter to the editor in 2018

YoloinOhio

Holy Moses, haven't we all gotten fed up with this team at one time or another?

If you didn't get fed up with the QB decisions last year then you weren't paying attention.

I don't care if he's Russ Salvatore or the person that cleans out the grease trap at the restaurant. The guy gets a pass. 

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

Who takes the time to write that letter? Who has that kind of ego? Bananas even in Bills land. You own a restaurant bro, chill out.

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Who takes the time to write that letter? Who has that kind of ego? Bananas even in Bills land. You own a restaurant bro, chill out.

Who takes the time to write that letter? A person totally committed to the team for decades who has had his heart broken and needs to vent. 

And he is SO much more than a restaurant owner. That’s the LEAST of what he is. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Who takes the time to write that letter? A person totally committed to the team for decades who has had his heart broken and needs to vent. 

So write a letter and put it in the garbage. Don’t send it. 

We joke about “I’m so DONE with this team” posts on TBD because it’s the ultimate crybaby look at me move about a game. Might as well pen a letter to Hollywood because Tony Stark died. 

I don’t really care if Russell is the Bill Gates of Buffalo. It’s a childish move. An 85 year old man “with a broken heart” about a football team because they had a down year with a rookie QB? For the love of god, it’s embarrassing. 

He even writes like a child. “Congratulations Coach McDermott, you win!” Eyeroll.gif

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

So write a letter and put it in the garbage. Don’t send it. 

We joke about “I’m so DONE with this team” posts on TBD because it’s the ultimate crybaby look at me move about a game. Might as well pen a letter to Hollywood because Tony Stark died. 

I don’t really care if Russell is the Bill Gates of Buffalo. It’s a childish move. An 85 year old man “with a broken heart” about a football team because they had a down year with a rookie QB? For the love of god, it’s embarrassing. 

He even writes like a child. “Congratulations Coach McDermott, you win!” Eyeroll.gif

What kind of person begrudges an 85 year old man his right to protest after years of dedication? Especially given all that he did for his fellow Bills fans over the years. You sound bitter towards Russ. What, did he overcook your steak or something? Kick you out of his party in Fort Lauderdale? 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What kind of person begrudges an 85 year old man his right to protest after years of dedication? Especially given all that he did for his fellow Bills fans over the years. You sound bitter towards Russ. What, did he overcook your steak or something? Kick you out of his party in Fort Lauderdale? 

Right to protest? He’s a fan. It’s entertainment. If you don’t like the station, change the channel.

My only “grudge” against Russ is that by penning that letter, he sounds like a egotistical child. “The Bills are upsetting ME!!!!! I hate you Sean McDermott!!!!!!”

PU and good riddance.

Edited by BringBackOrton

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

Shame on @YoloinOhio for starting this abortion of a thread.

We're from Buffalo not Columbus!    

Oh wait.......

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Russ is obviously not a Process Guy.  Put himself above the team.  Too bad.

Don't quit before the miracle happens.  Words to live by.

Let you in on a little secret...........back in those days when Bills blackouts were often lifted at the last minute.........many times that was made possible by a check from Russell Salvatore.

In some cases a complete ***** waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars that went right into "posthumous uber-philanthropist" Ralph Wilson's wallet:lol:.........unless of course you care THAT MUCH about your fellow Bills fans being able to see the game on TV.

Russell has been putting the team of Bills fans above himself for a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Guess he won’t be hosting any playoff parties 

This might be the funniest thing I have read!  I actually met Russell Salvatore years ago.  He seemed like a kind old man, but this letter makes his sound like a delusional jerk.  I can actually picture him now huddled over a keyboard type one letter at a time with his pointer finger.

He should have used his connections to contact a Medium to voice his complaints to Ralph Wilson - the real architect of “the drought”

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let you in on a little secret...........back in those days when Bills blackouts were often lifted at the last minute.........many times that was made possible by a check from Russell Salvatore.

In some cases a complete ***** waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars that went right into "posthumous uber-philanthropist" Ralph Wilson's wallet:lol:.........unless of course you care THAT MUCH about your fellow Bills fans being able to see the game on TV.

Russell has been putting the team of Bills fans above himself for a long, long time.

Russell should be pissed at Ralph though....not McDermott.  He just comes off as Delusional 

6 hours ago, Rico said:

26CB?

Whatever happened to 26CB

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Guess he won’t be hosting any playoff parties 

To be fair, the Derek Anderson/Nathan Peterman combo era was a dark one ...

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

My wife and I had our wedding at Salvatores on September 15, 1991. We had to delay the ceremony until Pat Leahy missed a last second fg attempt for the Jets to tie the game. Bills win!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair, the Derek Anderson/Nathan Peterman combo era was a dark one ...

Yeah but Don Salvatore is holding 20 years of bad management (thanks to Ralph Wilson) against a coach who was there for less than 2 years.  It’s unfair.

By the way, Ralph IS the reason for the drought

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Yeah but Don Salvatore is holding 20 years of bad management (thanks to Ralph Wilson) against a coach who was there for less than 2 years.  It’s unfair.

By the way, Ralph IS the reason for the drought

Salvatore is fine by me. We forget, but that offense halfway through last season was on pace to be the worst in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Salvatore is fine by me. We forget, but that offense halfway through last season was on pace to be the worst in NFL history.

Like I said, I met him a few years ago and he was very nice.  In that letter he just comes off as a jerk.  I’d love to see how Russ would react if someone trashed his restaurant