Clinton Portis, Joe Horn and 10 other former players charged with healthcare fraud

Protocal69

5 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

The entire thing is crazy.  Putting in for medical equipment they are not getting.  Bad Karma - plus it could cost future players as the fraud could force the insurance pool to lose its tax exempt status.

Hard to fathom with the amount of money some players make that they have to stoop to this level to get money.  

I hope there is a better explanation out there, but it is such bad optics.

I'll take it you missed the 30 for 30 "Broke"

Edited by DrDare

Cant blame them, insurance companies are nothing but crooks taking our money and then do every thing they can to not cover medical costs.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Several of you probably don’t remember him as he was not that big of a Star in San Diego, or Tampa, but once he left the NFL, the same thing occurred for Michael Bennett.  I knew him very well as he was my direct neighbor for two years.  He squandered his money though, and like others went from wealthy to broke and did the same Medicare fraud for DME products.  The Feds don’t play around when it’s Medicare fraud.

Yeah, cant screw over the cartels.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Anyone consider the possibility all or some are wrongly accused? 

MGK provides the detailed explanation below. Short answer is no.

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s the least of their worries.  The Feds don’t make arrests unless they have overwhelming evidence against the parties named.  If convicted which is likely, they will be in Federal prison for a long long time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cant blame them, insurance companies are nothing but crooks taking our money and then do every thing they can to not cover medical costs.

Yeah, cant screw over the cartels.

As someone who has to deal with insurance companies to get paid, yes they can be difficult to deal with.  But your post is total BS.  

Tell you what,  save some money and “go bare”, without insurance.  After you do, then you can come here and tell us all how we are suckers for paying premiums every month.  

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

As someone who has to deal with insurance companies to get paid, yes they can be difficult to deal with.  But your post is total BS.  

Tell you what,  save some money and “go bare”, without insurance.  After you do, then you can come here and tell us all how we are suckers for paying premiums every month.  

they take over 100 bucks a week out of my paycheck , co pays and all the services they partially cover and it not even close. They take way more out of me then i get so tell me again how they are not crooks???

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

they take over 100 bucks a week out of my paycheck , co pays and all the services they partially cover and it not even close. They take way more out of me then i get so tell me again how they are not crooks???

That’s  how insurance works, bro.

As I suggested....Don’t pay them anything and go without it.  One major hospitalization could ruin you financially. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

That’s  how insurance works, bro.

As I suggested....Don’t pay them anything and go without it.  One major hospitalization could ruin you financially. 

Pay cash like the Amish and i be just fine. Insurance preys upon most people's inability to save money, im not one of those people and would have way more than i do now, same goes for car insurance.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Pay cash like the Amish and i be just fine. Insurance preys upon most people's inability to save money, im not one of those people and would have way more than i do now, same goes for car insurance.

So how long have you had this useless medical insurance and why?

Ex-Saint Joe Horn pleads guilty for role in defrauding NFL health care program

Mike Triplett  ESPN Staff Writer   9:44 PM ET

Former New Orleans Saints receiver Joe Horn pleaded guilty Thursday to the count of "Conspiracy to Commit Health Care Fraud" as part of a plea agreement related to the federal investigation into a group of ex-NFL players accused of defrauding the league's health care benefit program.

Horn was one of 12 players named by Department of Justice officials last week for allegedly submitting nearly $4 million in phony claims, leading to payouts of about $3.4 million between June 2017 and December 2018.

Horn is scheduled to be sentenced in April. Although he is subject to a maximum of 10 years in prison, his cooperation will likely lead to a lesser sentence.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28342546/ex-saint-joe-horn-pleads-guilty-role-defrauding-nfl-health-care-program

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy