Jump to content
RochesterRob

Peloton commercial controversy

Recommended Posts

From what I've been told, women hate the commercial because:

 

1. The girl is already hot and thin.  She has no weight to lose and they resent her for her looks and scoff at the idea that she would ever be uncomfortable exercising at home or in public.  

2. She seems nervous at first, so obviously its because her husband is forcing her to ride the bike and enforcing some unattainable level of beauty/perfection while hes probably a slob himself.  There's no other explanation for her nerves, because, well, see above.

3.  There is no difference in her appearance at the end of her training regimen because she was already hot and thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kid and his wife got one and he's thin downed but still can crank the weights.

 

My daughter-in-law, well I look at her and feel like I shouldn't look at her like that. 

 

That bike has transformed them. They are lean, but it is a healthy strong look. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

 

Anyway... Ain't a "peloton" a French biking mob, spandex mafia?  Who wants to be a controlled lemming in a peloton? Aren't they like Trump Deplorables?  Ooops, my bad.

Those things aren't cheap.  Like 2-3 grand or more... For an exercise bike with virtual capability to take you high in the Alps.  LoL... The Rich get all the cool toys!

             I had one years ago and keyed up an obscure race in Bloomington.  I was doing quite well, keeping up with a pack of Italians, when one of the Italian riders came up next to me and shoved something into the spokes on the front wheel.   Totally destroyed the bike and didn't do me much good either.😏

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

From what I've been told, women hate the commercial because:

 

1. The girl is already hot and thin.  She has no weight to lose and they resent her for her looks and scoff at the idea that she would ever be uncomfortable exercising at home or in public.  

2. She seems nervous at first, so obviously its because her husband is forcing her to ride the bike and enforcing some unattainable level of beauty/perfection while hes probably a slob himself.  There's no other explanation for her nerves, because, well, see above.

3.  There is no difference in her appearance at the end of her training regimen because she was already hot and thin.

 

I had a girlfriend who was hot and thin.  But, she was "skinny fat" - she had zero muscle tone................What should I have got her?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bbb said:

 

I had a girlfriend who was hot and thin.  But, she was "skinny fat" - she had zero muscle tone................What should I have got her?  

Lasik?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

My daughter-in-law, well I look at her and feel like I shouldn't look at her like that. 

 

Any before and after pics?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

My kid and his wife got one and he's thin downed but still can crank the weights.

 

My daughter-in-law, well I look at her and feel like I shouldn't look at her like that. 

 

That bike has transformed them. They are lean, but it is a healthy strong look. 

  The old Seinfeld trope about looking directly into the sun (he specifically was talking about cleavage) when checking out an inappropriate to the observer female applies here.  Think of Rosanne Barr circa 1990, Rosie O'Donnell, or the female Monroe "Brother" from Green Acres to keep Mr Mojo from rising.  It's tougher if the subject is touchy-feely as I have been exposed to a few times.  Most of the time it is innocent but one time the woman in question was definitely trying to get a rise out of me.  Another time an old high school crush showed up at my place of work in an extremely hot outfit that she would not normally wear to my recollection.  I had to excuse myself and go to the rest room to splash very cold water on my face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

My kid and his wife got one and he's thin downed but still can crank the weights.

 

My daughter-in-law, well I look at her and feel like I shouldn't look at her like that. 

 

That bike has transformed them. They are lean, but it is a healthy strong look. 


I’m in fairly decent shape. Ran a 1/2 marathon few weeks ago, play hockey, etc. The workouts I’ve done on that bike have blown any other cardio type training out of the water. If you do some of the longer intense workouts, you have my ultimate respect. First time I used it; I did a 30 min beginner ride and thought I was going to die after. I literally had to lay down and not move for prob 30 min. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:


I’m in fairly decent shape. Ran a 1/2 marathon few weeks ago, play hockey, etc. The workouts I’ve done on that bike have blown any other cardio type training out of the water. If you do some of the longer intense workouts, you have my ultimate respect. First time I used it; I did a 30 min beginner ride and thought I was going to die after. I literally had to lay down and not move for prob 30 min. 

we have one and man does it do a great job of keeping laundry off the floor! Wife bought it a couple of years ago. I have comitted to myself I am going to get back in fighting shape as soon as the Bills season ends, and hopefully do a half ironman sometime late spring/early summer. So i am going to be using that thing to start riding before i jump on my real bike.

 

BTW, committed to doing a half marathon in Columbus with my daughter and her crew from Dennison in April..you should think about it!

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

we have one and man does it do a great job of keeping laundry off the floor! Wife bought it a couple of years ago. I have comitted to myself I am going to get back in fighting shape as soon as the Bills season ends, and hopefully do a half ironman sometime late spring/early summer. So i am going to be using that thing to start riding before i jump on my real bike.

 

BTW, committed to doing a half marathon in Columbus with my daughter and her crew from Dennison in April..you should think about it!


Cap city half! I think we are going to do it actually . My wife is for sure. Should grab a beer after! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man unless you need somebody yelling at you, or you need the incline stuff, I just don't get the money angle. A halfway-decent spin bike is like 250$. Youtube workout vids are free and there jillions of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

Man unless you need somebody yelling at you, or you need the incline stuff, I just don't get the money angle. A halfway-decent spin bike is like 250$. Youtube workout vids are free and there jillions of them.

 

You're just not part of the "cultural elite" that understands that their life would not be complete without a Peloton bike.:doh:

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people's lives are ruined because of a commercial?

 

I haven't voluntarily watched a commercial for at least 20 years with the PVR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 10:10 AM, plenzmd1 said:

 

BTW, committed to doing a half marathon in Columbus with my daughter and her crew from Dennison in April..you should think about it!

 

You're aware that a half-marathon isn't cooking 3 meals in Hammer's lot all day, right?

 

I may have to join you simply to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

 

You're just not part of the "cultural elite" that understands that their life would not be complete without a Peloton bike.:doh:

I mean crap I'd love to have their awesome bike...it's way better than mine. But the money? Oofa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I mean crap I'd love to have their awesome bike...it's way better than mine. But the money? Oofa!

 

after 3 weeks you can hang your clothes on it

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

 

You're aware that a half-marathon isn't cooking 3 meals in Hammer's lot all day, right?

 

I may have to join you simply to watch.

Wait wha?????

 

Cmon dude, if ya sign up before 12/31 a little cheaper. We will drink like fishes after he race!!! Columbus is a fun as hell city!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

after 3 weeks you can hang your clothes on it

 

haha my parents had a nordic trac (maybe the precursor to the pretentiousness of Peloton?) when I was a kid and that thing was great...had high parts to hang long clothes, low parts to keep stuff just off the floor....very well designed!!!

 

I'm kind of addicted to exercising now tho....it really does become kind of habit once you get through the initial slog. Plus...wheels was getting plump-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

 

haha my parents had a nordic trac (maybe the precursor to the pretentiousness of Peloton?) when I was a kid and that thing was great...had high parts to hang long clothes, low parts to keep stuff just off the floor....very well designed!!!

 

I'm kind of addicted to exercising now tho....it really does become kind of habit once you get through the initial slog. Plus...wheels was getting plump-ish.

 

i heartily encourage everyone to engage in moderate exercise to the level of their abilities, keeping in mind their situation and age

 

what apparatus makes the best shoe tree after 3 months, holding at least 5 dozen pairs?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

i heartily encourage everyone to engage in moderate exercise to the level of their abilities, keeping in mind their situation and age

 

what apparatus makes the best shoe tree after 3 months, holding at least 5 dozen pairs?

 

 

Wait this is a real q isn't it. I can picture one actually....has all these weird flexible metal bars sticking straight up out of the back that create the resistance? You attach cables to the loops on the bars? God what is the name.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Wait this is a real q isn't it. I can picture one actually....has all these weird flexible metal bars sticking straight up out of the back that create the resistance? You attach cables to the loops on the bars? God what is the name.

ohhh.  i think it's a product of norditrack. (sp?)  

 

what a terrible machine, and i can't imagine it's cheap either.  hell, for $10 a month you can go to a planet fitness. there's enough there for most people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teef said:

ohhh.  i think it's a product of norditrack. (sp?)  

 

what a terrible machine, and i can't imagine it's cheap either.  hell, for $10 a month you can go to a planet fitness. there's enough there for most people.

uH

 

That thing on the right teef!!! I gots to look good in my tuxedo!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, RochesterRob said:

  The old Seinfeld trope about looking directly into the sun (he specifically was talking about cleavage) when checking out an inappropriate to the observer female applies here.  Think of Rosanne Barr circa 1990, Rosie O'Donnell, or the female Monroe "Brother" from Green Acres to keep Mr Mojo from rising.  It's tougher if the subject is touchy-feely as I have been exposed to a few times.  Most of the time it is innocent but one time the woman in question was definitely trying to get a rise out of me.  Another time an old high school crush showed up at my place of work in an extremely hot outfit that she would not normally wear to my recollection.  I had to excuse myself and go to the rest room to splash very cold water on my face.

🎶 The wheels on the bus go

Round and round,

Round and round,

Round and round. 🎵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

uH

 

That thing on the right teef!!! I gots to look good in my tuxedo!

 

 

oh hell yeah!

 

my parents had that nonsense on the left. it was used under 5 times i'd guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...