12/11/19: Senate Judiciary Hearing w Michael Horowitz

No bias but the FISA application was improper.  {head scratch}

I know the IG is a rules guy more than anything else.  It is interesting what he looked at, commented on, and recommended. His conclusions seem geared toward  changing FBI rules more than anything.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No bias but the FISA application was improper.  {head scratch}

I know the IG is a rules guy more than anything else.  It is interesting what he looked at, commented on, and recommended. His conclusions seem geared toward  changing FBI rules more than anything.  

i think he just clarified... no bias in the predicate of the opening of Crossfire Hurricane.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

And you think all those things and then some to this day, which is your right. But.... if you're ok with what happened to Carter Page as a way to get to both candidate and President Trump...then as Lindsey Graham also said..."then you hate Trump way too much"

According to the report (and Horowitz testimony) none what happened to Carter Page had a thing to do with getting to Trump, though.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

His conclusions seem geared toward  changing FBI rules more than anything.  

(aka his job as IG)

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Kamala's seat is not empty anymore. Joe Biden walked in and wonders why he wasn't notified of the hearing like all of the other senators were. He then mumbled something about Watergate.  he went to the wrong state

Horowitz: A number of people at the FBI knew that the Steele dossier was paid for by the Clinton campaign/DNC. We don't know how high up they knew. 

Mr. Ohr was passing information on from the Justice Dept to his (colleges, friends, I forget which word he used) at the FBI. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

at least to me, Horowitz is coming across as even handed. he is not really pontificating but rather just responding to questions about what is actually in his report. every single time he is being prompted to make an opine with regard to having a possible bias, in one direction or another, he is refuting that push and simply referring back to the report. 

to me, that is important and shows he was being as neutral as is possible in the investigation. of course, this could change as it moves along but this is where i am at right now.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

at least to me, Horowitz is coming across as even handed. he is not really pontificating but rather just responding to questions about what is actually in his report. every single time he is being prompted to make an opine with regard to having a possible bias, in one direction or another, he is refuting that push and simply referring back to the report. 

to me, that is important and shows he was being as neutral as is possible in the investigation. of course, this could change as it moves along but this is where i am at right now.

Horowitz did not have the legal ability to interview or even speak to the bad actors. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Dem strategy seems to be to discredit AG Barr.  Not sure how well that will work out for them in the end, but I think they're painted into a corner.

They've been trying to do that for a while now, calling him a Trump stooge etc... 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

undermine the Steele Dossier? Is she serious?