12/11/19: Senate Judiciary Hearing w Michael Horowitz

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hirono really is an idiot. 

I'm sure one of the other senators will address this after she's done -- but when she mentioned OIG couldn't compel testimony, and had Horowitz say he only had two people he could not compel (Simpson and Winer), she's KNOWINGLY (or would be knowingly if she wasn't dim as a busted bulb) omitting that he can only interview ACTIVE FBI/DOJ personnel. 

So there's MUCH more than 2 people he could not interview. 

Brennan and Clapper are two that spring to mind.

• Like (+1) 2

Clinesmith was the only criminal referral off this report. They ended up sending the whole report over for more criminal referrals (Horowitz claiming he knows of no more referrals or firings).

Horowitz wants to make sure misconduct, performance failures (Ernst points out lies) ... those people in the FBI are gone. 

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He needs to start thinking for himself. It would save him years of being embarrassed down here. He said something didn't happen, asked me to link it. I did, and proved him wrong

So there were 5 criminal referrals? You're a moron. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Clinesmith was the only criminal referral off this report. They ended up sending the whole report over for more criminal referrals (Horowitz claiming he knows of no more referrals or firings).

What he meant: He left it up to Barr, because of their conversations during the review process. He didn't want to make the determination himself because Barr was telling him there's more that he does not know, so he submitted the entire report and everyone who worked the case to the FBI and AG.

More simply: They ALL are being considered for criminal indictments. 

Get your popcorn.

Gary rushes in thinking he's right again... he's wrong :lol: 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Crapo ...

Referred for further action one case for criminal and how many other cases?  Horowitz said (after a ton of back and forth) there are significant failures whether incompetence or intentional, what the motivations are ... I cannot tell you.

Horowitz is NOT saying there is no bias.  He'd be skeptical that there is no bias at all. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Crapo ...

Referred for further action one case for criminal and how many other cases?  Horowitz said (after a ton of back and forth) there are significant failures whether incompetence or intentional, what the motivations are ... I cannot tell you.

Horowitz is NOT saying there is no bias.  He'd be skeptical that there is no bias at all. 

And he specifically says he WON'T say there was no bias in terms of the FISA abuses. 

All those people doing victory laps are in for a ROUGH time.

VERY interesting to note that Horowitz just used the SAME language Barr used in his NBC interview re: the explanations for the actions being poor.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1