12/11/19: Senate Judiciary Hearing w Michael Horowitz

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, there were more than a few without a doubt. A lot was accomplished through independent media types getting real good sources to help guide them towards the actual fire under all the smoke. It's actually pretty amazing, or will be with some distance and people look back, at how badly the corporate media failed to maintain control of the narrative thanks to the work of a bunch of (largely) anonymous citizens who were pissed off. 

People who don’t have (D) in front of their name wanted to know what really went on.

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Harris always makes me think of a politician who wanted to be president, dipped their toe in the water and quickly realized that they lack the tone, temperament, likability, political experience, ethical tenacity, charisma, charm, eccentricity,  studious nature, commitment to excellence, ability to relate to others, pleasantness, or ability to compel others to take up the flag and march beside them.  It has to drive her crazy that she’s her own kryptonite. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Harris always makes me think of a politician who wanted to be president, dipped their toe in the water and quickly realized that they lack the tone, temperament, likability, political experience, ethical tenacity, charisma, charm, eccentricity,  studious nature, commitment to excellence, ability to relate to others, pleasantness, or ability to compel others to take up the flag and march beside them.  It has to drive her crazy that she’s her own kryptonite. 

Willie Brown can't help her at this level. 

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Are you still down here spinning your wild conspiracy theories?

Give it up, pal. Nobody's buying what you're selling, except maybe the rubes who believe Fox News.

There was no bias. That's it. End of story. Case closed. Your revolution is over.

I'm a wild and crazy guy. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

WASHINGTON — The FBI mishandled parts of its application to monitor a Trump campaign aide as it was probing possible Russian interference in the 2016 election, but the overall investigation was justified, according to a long-awaited report by the Justice Department's watchdog that rebuts the president's depiction of a politically biased plot against him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/internal-justice-watchdog-finds-russia-probe-was-justified-not-biased-n1098161

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

WASHINGTON — The FBI mishandled parts of its application to monitor a Trump campaign aide as it was probing possible Russian interference in the 2016 election, but the overall investigation was justified, according to a long-awaited report by the Justice Department's watchdog that rebuts the president's depiction of a politically biased plot against him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/internal-justice-watchdog-finds-russia-probe-was-justified-not-biased-n1098161

I mostly like to push against the tidal wave of closed minds on the right, but you can't honestly think that the system for getting an easy FISA application, driven if not by political bias, than at least by successful-investigation bias, is a good thing. Can't it be possible that curbing easy surveillance on Americans is a good thing? 

I mean, even the ACLU is troubled by the Horowitz report. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I mostly like to push against the tidal wave of closed minds on the right, but you can't honestly think that the system for getting an easy FISA application, driven if not by political bias, than at least by successful-investigation bias, is a good thing. Can't it be possible that curbing easy surveillance on Americans is a good thing? 

I mean, even the ACLU is troubled by the Horowitz report. 

Great, then they should fix it. Republicans passed it, Trump signed the law renewing it, if they want to fix it they can. 

The very idea that this is unfair to Trump personally is preposterous. 

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Oh boo hoo. Seems to me the Trump people were cheering the FBI when they went after Hillary right before the election for emails. But Trump has been treated badly, treated like a criminal 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Great, then they should fix it. Republicans passed it, Trump signed the law renewing it, if they want to fix it they can. 

The very idea that this is unfair to Trump personally is preposterous. 

This is a "we" problem. It's not a Trump, Republican, or Democrat problem. 

Can we fix America without pointing a finger? Like, just fix things. Make compromises and changes? 

There's no conspiracy. There's no evil cabal. 

I know most people on this board can't but I'm trying a different tactic today and asking you since you're on the other side.