The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

24 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah big cigar guy, I thought you dont enhale Cigar or am I wrong.  Maybe stil get lung cancer.

He quit 10+ years ago. Thus the "right here in my formally nicotine stained fingers" statement he makes. Shame.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It boggles the mind how many Democrats are repeating the lie that there were no witnesses and no evidence.

Anyone who repeats this is either lying or brain-dead stupid.

Embarrassing days to be a Democrat. Brutally embarrassing.

The Democrat’s argument that there were no witnesses and no evidence is damning to Democrats, not to Republicans.

If there was neither witnesses nor evidence, on what grounds, exactly, did the House vote to impeach?

• Thank you (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Len, top lies in what sense?  Lies that affected my life personally, lies that seemed to be the most egregious to the country generally, lies that I see as most troublesome to all of us, or what?  And, while I am looking for more clarity, where are you going with this.....what point is out there in the distance?

Never has his cowardice been on display more than this post. I think he donated his nuts to science long ago. 

Waste.

Of. 

Carbon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Manchin is calling for Censure, if Republicans say this was wrong, but don’t care if he cheats in elections, then censure him. 

Tibs. If the Dems were going make Biden’s corruption front page news with this impeachment proceeding why in the world did Trump need some Ukrainian dude nobody’s ever heard of to report that they were starting an investigation in Kiev? Pretty dumb on the part of Adam Schiff to bring this all center stage for months now...no?

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Len, top lies in what sense?  Lies that affected my life personally, lies that seemed to be the most egregious to the country generally, lies that I see as most troublesome to all of us, or what?  And, while I am looking for more clarity, where are you going with this.....what point is out there in the distance?

The point...I’m trying to see if there is a middle ground to be found. To that end, I thought if you shared the hot button issues as you see them, I could see if I rejected your thoughts outright or might see your view. 

One example: “Obama wire tapped Trump!”

Let’s assume you thought that this was a Trump lie because there was no tap, no wire, no Trump tower.  My thought would be there will be no middle ground to find, and I’d suggest you were wrong. Why? The Obama admin surveilled Trump and his associates and regardless of how it is said, phrased, manipulated or characterized, one political party used the power and weight of the govt explicitly for political gain, with unsavory intent, and that’s disgraceful.  

Feel free to choose what you wish, doesn’t really matter to me.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...imagine if Schifty was your defense lawyer.......who gets to use "insanity plea" FIRST?..........

What do you mean? He’s got half the country believing him.  All it takes is one juror. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Never has his cowardice been on display more than this post. I think he donated his nuts to science long ago. 

Waste.

Of. 

Carbon.

So agree. 

if trump lies all the time and those lies are a “threat to our democracy” it should be simple to rattle off a bunch of them without a second thought!  Yet, it’s like pulling teeth to even get any type of response. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I swear I saw a clip where he keeps telling people not to vote for him.  Why I saw it on these very pages one day. ?

Someone has agreed to carry your reams of paper and typewriter around LA if he crashes, correct? Splant, maybe? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The point...I’m trying to see if there is a middle ground to be found. To that end, I thought if you shared the hot button issues as you see them, I could see if I rejected your thoughts outright or might see your view. 

One example: “Obama wire tapped Trump!”

Let’s assume you thought that this was a Trump lie because there was no tap, no wire, no Trump tower.  My thought would be there will be no middle ground to find, and I’d suggest you were wrong. Why? The Obama admin surveilled Trump and his associates and regardless of how it is said, phrased, manipulated or characterized, one political party used the power and weight of the govt explicitly for political gain, with unsavory intent, and that’s disgraceful.  

Feel free to choose what you wish, doesn’t really matter to me.  

Well, you picked a bad example but I am sure there is some middle ground on some other things.  Obama and his, 'you can keep your doctor line' was a bad mistake.  His red line Syria statement, although was traded for removing most chem weapons, if I recall, was seen by most as a large mistake.  I think he said that blue or gold dress was blue when clearly it was gold.

Trump' credibility overall has become a huge problem with me.  Did I mention that before?  I no longer can buy his administration's account of anything that I can't verify.  Without picking top ones, let me just list some......his assertions about say, bringing back some particular industry jobs, or keeping plants open....that sort of stuff is terribly misleading.  Many jobs will fall to automation and those workers need new directions, not promises of returning to the way it was.  We should not revive coal, either imo and we are not but he lead people to believe that was going that way.

He will hold some rally at a plant, like that Ohio auto plant, make promises, brag that he saved it.  Then a few months later it quietly downsizes or shuts down.  He is a con man at heart, imo, and I hate to see people get fooled by his lies.  NKorea.   He has those WH photo op summits that go nowhere.  He was going to eliminate the deficit and that is going the wrong way.  He declares 'national emergency' and re-appropriates money to his own project that congress decided not to support.  No Mex$ either.  His recent budget attacks on programs he promised to protect....SS, medicare, etc.  DACA was going to be protected.  We were going to all have better and cheaper health coverage that included pre-existing conditions.  Remember that tax cut was supposed to be generally for the middle class along with business but now that we see it better, the middle class was not the target.  Then just before the 2018 election recall he claimed they were all discussing the new 10% middle class tax cut.  After the election, that evaporated too.    Anyway, most quit reading already and I am unintentionally gish galloping I guess.  How ironic Len. 

The issue I have with the surveillance question is the same question I have had all along.  So, the FISA 'mistakes' lead to surveying CPage, OK.  And now because of that, the FBI could survey others that he contacted and maybe Trump too, OK.  After that the actual surveillance that was done gets less clear to me as I have stated.  Did anyone record these people that were surveyed?  The question I have isn't 'who the CPage FISA allowed them to watch, but who did they watch'?  Len, you assert like a fact that they wiretapped Trump conversations.  How are you so certain that this is fact?   Is there further proof beyond the ability to do so and the follow up suspicion.....like recordings?  I have never seen or heard of recordings from a program supposedly designed to survey the whole campaign.  Have you?  If not, why is that?

Edited by Bob in Mich

27 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well, you picked a bad example ...

This is something you can verify for yourself. Horwitz's report is clear this happened. He's a democrat, and not a part of the administration... 

27 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I no longer can buy his administration's account of anything that I can't verify.  

And yet you still cite disproven conspiracy theories as if they were fact.

You're such a joke :lol: 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Democrat’s argument that there were no witnesses and no evidence is damning to Democrats, not to Republicans.

If there was neither witnesses nor evidence, on what grounds, exactly, did the House vote to impeach?

Well, we will assume you actually understand that they are referring to the Senate trial phase.  The House testimony and evidence was admitted.  The Senators voted to not look for any more information that would be tough to explain.  They had plenty already.

The Nixon tapes were uncovered during the Senate hearings. The Senate Ervin Hearings called witnesses and questioned them, like when folks want to find out what happened.  The Nixon tapes were revealed under witness questioning weren't they?  I recall reading that prior to that revelation, Nixon support was still strong and he was never going to be removed by the Senate. 

Do they still have Perry Mason reruns on anywhere.  Check out some.  Lots happens under questioning, cross examination and follow up questions.

Would be nice to ask Bolton if he was aware of other similar schemes.  I would ask if he recalled if any other Presidential transcripts ended up on that same, more hidden server.  If so, why.  A voluntary first hand key player has not a thing he could add that would help illuminate?  Even though we have seen book excerpts that sound damn relevant?

Edited by Bob in Mich

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

again, i don't know that my suggestion would be the answer. but what the Democrats have done should never be done again, i don't care which party is doing it. the founders expressed their greatest fear was a partisan impeachment and we just witnessed one.

Probably impossible but I would like to come to general agreement as to what types of misdeeds would fall under that label of high crimes and misdemeanors and what specifically would not.  As it stands today, the question is never discussed until one party is under fire and then the political interpretations override honest interpretations.  It may require periodic review or updating but that definition seems to be a big part of disagreements in the last 50 years or so.