The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

56 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If they refuse to allow witnesses then it is all a He said She said and everyone loses. 

Not at all. The House stacked the deck, played their hand and here we are. If the evidence fails to convince the number of senators required, it speaks for itself.

Everyone has already lost in some respects.  Between Mueller, Kavanaugh and the like, those who voted for Trump have lost nearly 4 years to investigations that go nowhere.  Our votes were impacted, the agenda for the admin certainly impacted, and who knows what might have been accomplished if not for the distractions of a tyrannical DOJ investigation.  The libs have lost as they were lead around by your noses with one fake scandal after another.   And we as citizens lose because the roadmap has been established--call your opponent treasonous, utilize the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA,  and the IRS (obviously) to destroy your rival.  

Here's hoping the Rs have the intestinal fortitude to see it through and tell the dems "Get the heck outta here!"  on the witness issue. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He's had 3 years to FIX the system and drain the swamp.

Yet the swamp is murkier than ever.  

You know what's funny? In the three years Trump has been president, the list of things the Dems have done to help this country can be written down on a piece of paper, crumbled up and comfortably shoved up the ass of a gnat.

But in that time, Trump has not only put two conservatives on SCOTUS, he's packing the courts from CA to NY with more conservatives that you even believed existed. Unemployment is ridiculous. POC are earning more and have more opportunities than they have EVER had. Business climate is incredible. Welfare rolls are dropping. People on average are earning more. The bad countries fear us and the chickenschitt countries are pooping their diapers.

All of that...all of it... in the face of deceitful opposition that is firmly based on one very, very, very simple truth: Hillary lost.

So we get it. It absolutely SUCKS to be an I'm-really-not-a-liberal these days. Party hasn't been this embarrassing in years. So we don't blame you for joining the #orangemanbad parade. What else are you left to do? Think for yourself? :lol:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He's brought us to the brink of war numerous times. He flaunts the laws set forth by the constitution and 

He has lies every day. 

Just like when Clinton lied about getting serviced. 

"To the brink of war" is impeachable?

What about the Presidents who actually got us into wars?

"Lies every day" is impeachable?

Clinton wasn't convicted, and he committed perjury.

"flaunts laws set forth in the Constitution?

I don't know what this is.  Do you have any specific examples?

• Like (+1) 5

57 minutes ago, snafu said:

Wrong.

I see both sides as self-serving power grabbers.

You see one side as virtuous and the other side as perpetually wrong.  That's a hell of a way for you to go through life.

Oh, so I should just ignore my sides wrongs and say, well, both sides are to blame, so who cares. 

Fact: The Dems are no where near as bad as Trump, and everyone knows it. He is a big outliner. But, both sides must be equal! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Bob again, kudos for admitting you were wrong on extortion. admitting being wrong can be difficult, if you have a lot invested in being right.

i want to know the Ukraine truth and am on record for wanting them to call all the witnesses, lets put an end to the charade once and for all. however, that is not going to happen in a Senate Impeachment Trial, it just isn't. additionally, i don't think you would like the way the information points when it does come out. 

i happen to believe that the President sets policy, not lifelong appointed bureaucrats. thankfully, the Constitution agrees with me. additionally here, the President is responsible for investigating crime. if there was criminal activity in the Ukraine, as a whole lot of evidence seems to indicate, then the President would be derelict in his duty not to try and investigate it. being a political candidate for public office is not protection from suspicion, nor should it be.

it has nothing to do with closing ones eyes and ears to information, after all we all know the House Democrats are going to continue to investigate Trump, have have plainly said so. more, what it is about, is the rule of law and following precedent. never before have 'new' witnesses been introduced to the Presidential Impeachment in the Senate. precedent has always been that the House does the investigative work and presents it to the Senate for trial. yes, during the Clinton impeachment they brought forward witnesses that had already testified to the special investigator but there were no new witnesses.

Look, I appreciate the reasoned reply without the constant jabs.  Sort of refreshing.  Thanks.  BTW, I am signing out soon...Sabres game.

Yes, let the truth come out.  Call relevant witnesses and find out the truth.  I am near certain that in the end, regardless of what comes out, the Senate will not convict.  At the very least if there is wrongdoing proven though, let's at least agree on what was wrong and how to prevent future wrongdoing.  I think a believable position for the President's actions can be fashioned and it has been, just as you stated.  I just think people should be concerned as to how closely that position is to the actual truth.  

I maintain that Republican Senators are looking for a way to acquit without hearing any more evidence.  The precedent thing is just another excuse imo and really should be secondary to discovering what happened.   They have a witness that knows things that has volunteered to testify to the Senate. 

They loved Dershowitz' testimony because they now can claim they believe his take, after all he is a constitutional expert, eh?  Is he even speaking his own truth?  The guy has no problem coloring his opinions in order to stay in the limelight in my opinion, so I don't know.  I do know that his take is just one take and I have heard several other experts that disagree with Alan's take.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Wrong.

I see both sides as self-serving power grabbers.

You see one side as virtuous and the other side as perpetually wrong.  That's a hell of a way for you to go through life.

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, so I should just ignore my sides wrongs and say, well, both sides are to blame, so who cares. 

Fact: The Dems are no where near as bad as Trump, and everyone knows it. He is a big outliner. But, both sides must be equal! 

See, here's where you prove my point. Thank you.

And by the way, I never mentioned Trump. I really wasn't referring to Trump at all. You have a sick obsession about him.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Look, I appreciate the reasoned reply without the constant jabs.  Sort of refreshing.  Thanks.  BTW, I am signing out soon...Sabres game.

Yes, let the truth come out.  Call relevant witnesses and find out the truth.  I am near certain that in the end, regardless of what comes out, the Senate will not convict.  At the very least if there is wrongdoing proven though, let's at least agree on what was wrong and how to prevent future wrongdoing.  I think a believable position for the President's actions can be fashioned and it has been, just as you stated.  I just think people should be concerned as to how closely that position is to the actual truth.  

I maintain that Republican Senators are looking for a way to acquit without hearing any more evidence.  The precedent thing is just another excuse imo and really should be secondary to discovering what happened.   They have a witness that knows things that has volunteered to testify to the Senate. 

They loved Dershowitz' testimony because they now can claim they believe his take, after all he is a constitutional expert, eh?  Is he even speaking his own truth?  The guy has no problem coloring his opinions in order to stay in the limelight in my opinion, so I don't know.  I do know that his take is just one take and I have heard several other experts that disagree with Alan's take.

the main objective of this impeachment is not Trump's removal, it never was. this is all about the 15 Republican Senators up for election this November. the Dems want sound bytes and to be able to claim moral superiority (which in and of itself is a joke (but their electorate is low information so...)), in the campaigns.

additionally, just so we are clear here ... if you're being an idiot, i reserve the right to call you out on being one. extortion really does require one to be aware they are being coerced. 

i wasn't trying to be difficult. i explained my position and i didn't and still don't think it much of an ask to look into the timeline of the Kavanaugh confirmation. what you see with Bolton is right out of that playbook. it would not surprise me terribly if we see one or two more of these surprises before it is all said and done. that is just how the Dems operate.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

Ex-WH chief of staff Kelly says he believes Bolton's account of Ukraine allegation

Washington (CNN)Former White House chief of staff John Kelly says he believes John Bolton's allegation that President Donald Trump told the former national security adviser that US security aid to Ukraine was conditioned on an investigation of the President's political rivals, adding that Bolton should be heard from.

"If John Bolton says that in the book I believe John Bolton," Kelly said Monday night when asked about the leaked draft manuscript during remarks at the Ringling College Library Association Town Hall lecture series, according to the Herald Tribune of Sarasota, Florida.

Kelly said Bolton "always gave the president the unvarnished truth" and is a "man of integrity and great character."

"I mean, half of Americans think this process is purely political and shouldn't be happening, but since it is happening, the majority of Americans would like to hear the whole story," Kelly said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/politics/john-kelly-believes-john-bolton/index.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

See, here's where you prove my point. Thank you.

And by the way, I never mentioned Trump. I really wasn't referring to Trump at all. You have a sick obsession about him.

Lol, ya sure. I mentioned him. And I’m right. Nice dodge, tool 

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the main objective of this impeachment is not Trump's removal, it never was. this is all about the 15 Republican Senators up for election this November. the Dems want sound bytes and to be able to claim moral superiority (which in and of itself is a joke (but their electorate is low information so...)), in the campaigns.

Are you saying it’s wrong to let the people speak on this matter? 

16 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Enjoy the game! Go Sabres! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Ex-WH chief of staff Kelly says he believes Bolton's account of Ukraine allegation

Washington (CNN)Former White House chief of staff John Kelly says he believes John Bolton's allegation that President Donald Trump told the former national security adviser that US security aid to Ukraine was conditioned on an investigation of the President's political rivals, adding that Bolton should be heard from.

"If John Bolton says that in the book I believe John Bolton," Kelly said Monday night when asked about the leaked draft manuscript during remarks at the Ringling College Library Association Town Hall lecture series, according to the Herald Tribune of Sarasota, Florida.

Kelly said Bolton "always gave the president the unvarnished truth" and is a "man of integrity and great character."

"I mean, half of Americans think this process is purely political and shouldn't be happening, but since it is happening, the majority of Americans would like to hear the whole story," Kelly said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/politics/john-kelly-believes-john-bolton/index.html

Alf, I like when you participate, but please stop with people who don't know ***** about what happened.

This has been going on for months now.  Every one of the House witnesses speculated about this. Now Kelly.  Great.  Thanks Alf.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think it is primarily about Trump's attempt to illegally impact the election.  He keeps doing this same type of thing.  Certainly post Mueller he has to be aware that soliciting foreign interference is illegal.  That type of interference cannot continue to occur.

As far as the moral superiority with respect to the Senators, well, if the shoe fits....   They should search for the truth and THEN decide whether or not it is impeachable.  It appears to me that many Repub senators simply want to cover for Trump. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, snafu said:

Alf, I like when you participate, but please stop with people who don't know ***** about what happened.

This has been going on for months now.  Every one of the House witnesses speculated about this. Now Kelly.  Great.  Thanks Alf.

You are saying the eye witnesses were just speculating? Gordon Sonlond was part of the extortion and admitted it. 

Are you lying or just misinformed? 

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

I’ve got a new avatar for you Alf:

Ooh! Ooh!

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I think it is primarily about Trump's attempt to illegally impact the election.  He keeps doing this same type of thing.  Certainly post Mueller he has to be aware that soliciting foreign interference is illegal.  That type of interference cannot continue to occur.

As far as the moral superiority with respect to the Senators, well, if the shoe fits....   They should search for the truth and THEN decide whether or not it is impeachable.  It appears to me that many Repub senators simply want to cover for Trump. 

except that it is not illegal to ask the Ukraine to investigate. you see, we have a treaty with them.  Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with Annex

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 6