The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I think it is primarily about Trump's attempt to illegally impact the election.  He keeps doing this same type of thing.  Certainly post Mueller he has to be aware that soliciting foreign interference is illegal.  That type of interference cannot continue to occur.

As far as the moral superiority with respect to the Senators, well, if the shoe fits....   They should search for the truth and THEN decide whether or not it is impeachable.  It appears to me that many Repub senators simply want to cover for Trump. 

additionally here, to your last paragraph.

you simply cannot impeach the president on the low standard the Dems are attempting to set. if you do, every time the House is held by the opposite party in the Executive, welcome to impeachment land. we are where we are today because everything that has brought us to this point has been the doings of a partisan witch hunt. not one Republican, at any point, has voted to go along with the Democrats. not one.

unplug from the matrix, Bob. you have been had for the better part of four years now. actually much longer, but for this latest iteration, four years.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are saying the eye witnesses were just speculating? Gordon Sonlond was part of the extortion and admitted it. 

Are you lying or just misinformed? 

I watched the White House Counsel play a clip of Sondland's testimony this past Saturday.  Sondland said over and over and over that it was his own speculation about what Trump wanted. It was a great summary.  I heard Sondland's testimony live when he was in the House hearing.

I'm not lying and I'm not misinformed.

I'm done with replying to you.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I watched the White House Counsel play a clip of Sondland's testimony this past Saturday.  Sondland said over and over and over that it was his own speculation about what Trump wanted. It was a great summary.  I heard Sondland's testimony live when he was in the House hearing.

he'll run you raged in circles if you let him.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

he'll run you raged in circles if you let him.

It’s so easy when you have the truth on your side. Seriously 

• Haha (+1) 1

Catching up on the thread... 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He's brought us to the brink of war numerous times. He flaunts the laws set forth by the constitution and 

:beer: You know I have nothing against you, Shady. I don't mind your bomb throwing, not sure why but it cracks me up. This is an attempt to be serious though, because what you raise is a very important point. Trump, unlike presidents of past, pulled us from the brink of war, he did not bring us to it. The establishment brought us to the brink, and praised Trump lavishly when he fired missiles into Syria and toed the neocon/neoliberal line on war. 

He literally ran on the opposite plank. He ran on getting us out of endless wars, of stopping regime change -- that's a huge threat to a major revenue stream for countless groups with enormous power. From the Military Industrial complex and contractors, to the Intelligence industrial complex (globally), to sitting members of Congress and the Senate itself. 

This is why he's been attacked from day one by all of those groups, using psy-op weapons on the American population during that fight. You've got the situation completely backwards on that point. The one thing you cannot accuse Trump of being is a war monger. He's had to bend over backwards to avoid the traps set by people in the Pentagon, Langley, and capital cities across the globe which were designed to bring us into war. 

Jesus man. Don had told all "his people" to ignore all the subpoenas and not show up - That alone is obstruction

I guarantee if a Democrat were pulling this shite all of your heads would have exploded 

It's not obstruction to take the spat between branches to the third branch, the courts. To imply that it is obstruction is incredibly dangerous to the long term viability of our republic. (Which is why Schiff and Pelosi and Schumer are pushing that talking point so hard). 

We have three branches of government for this explicit purpose. Throw your bombs all you want, but at least understand that what you're advocating for is a complete undoing of the republic and the constitution itself. Don't let your emotions get the better of you and make you abandon common sense. 

Are bombs falling on US sites from Iran?  

Are American soldiers getting injured from said bombings? 

Lil Kim is still flaunting his tiny rockets. 

He's had 3 years to FIX the system and drain the swamp.

Yet the swamp is murkier than ever.  

See the post above re: soldiers. No president in recent memory has done more to protect, support, and defend the troops. He's the first president who hasn't sent them into harms way to fill the coffers of the MiC. Obama can't say that. Bush can't say that. Clinton can't say that. HW Bush can't say that. Reagan can't say that... 

As for the fixing the swamp in three years -- well, that's just missing the forest through the trees. How many senators and congressmen retired post 2016? Over 45. How many major CEOs of important companies stepped down since 2017? It's in the 1000s now. We've seen major bad guys, and more importantly their financing networks, get taken off the board starting in November of 2017 with the KSA purge. 

Plus, you know, there's this: 

Image result for no one said taking out a blood cult would be easy

Make no mistake, that's what's really happening. And there has been undeniable progress made that would never have been made without 45 in office. 

Turning to Bob now... 

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

How about the democrats?  Biden?  How about the voters?  I am not in favor of schemes attempting to misinform the voters so that their decisions become more poorly informed.  Who screams about fake news again?   

Recall the request was to simply announce investigations....perform actual investigations, not so much. 

The irony of you writing the bolded, while still clinging to the belief that Trump/Russia is real is HIGH comedy. 

If you're not in favor of schemes attempting to "misinform voters", why didn't you speak up when the evidence came flooding in that the previous administration was engaged in EXACTLY that in the final months of 2016 with the specific intent to interfere with the US election? 

I have yet to hear you express your disgust that the FBI/DOJ lied to the FISA court 17 times in order to illegally frame and get a warrant on an innocent american citizen (Page), not because they saw him as a threat (they knew he was an active CIA asset in fact, who had just helped bust a ring of Russian spies in NYC), but because they wanted to use him to get illegal surveillance on their opposition campaign? 

Where is your outrage over Schiff's numerous lies about having concrete proof of collusion? Or the lies in his memo where he accused Nunes of lying before the IG proved that it was Schiff and the democrats who were lying? 

You haven't said boo about any of that... why? 

Is it because your outrage stops at the partisan line? 

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Shouldn't he go to the Justice Department and ask them to open an investigation?  That would mean though that they may never undertake it and then they would never announce an investigation into the Bidens.

And, the phone transcript, as incomplete as it is, was released by the White House.

:lol: Who is the head of the Justice Department? 

That's right. It's POTUS. 

The phone transcript is not incomplete by any measure. You're just proving how little you've thought about this for yourself and how quickly you blindly swallowed down the lies spewed by the very same people who lied to your face about Trump/Russia. 

Look, I appreciate the reasoned reply without the constant jabs.  Sort of refreshing.  Thanks.  BTW, I am signing out soon...Sabres game.

Yes, let the truth come out.  Call relevant witnesses and find out the truth.  I am near certain that in the end, regardless of what comes out, the Senate will not convict.  At the very least if there is wrongdoing proven though, let's at least agree on what was wrong and how to prevent future wrongdoing.  I think a believable position for the President's actions can be fashioned and it has been, just as you stated.  I just think people should be concerned as to how closely that position is to the actual truth.  

I maintain that Republican Senators are looking for a way to acquit without hearing any more evidence.  The precedent thing is just another excuse imo and really should be secondary to discovering what happened.   They have a witness that knows things that has volunteered to testify to the Senate. 

They loved Dershowitz' testimony because they now can claim they believe his take, after all he is a constitutional expert, eh?  Is he even speaking his own truth?  The guy has no problem coloring his opinions in order to stay in the limelight in my opinion, so I don't know.  I do know that his take is just one take and I have heard several other experts that disagree with Alan's take.

:lol: The irony is thick in this post. 

Quick, do you think the Democrat House members who rushed through a partisan impeachment (first in history) without evidence or even accusing the sitting president of a crime, were just "looking for a way to impeach without evidence?"

Or does your outrage stop at the partisan line? 

(there's a theme here, Bob. You're not an independent thinker. You're a partisan hack. Nothing more.)

I think the level of personal attacks and vitriol expressed in this thread is only matched by our politicians and the POTUS  tweet history.  Shame on us all but especially the politicians who make the division within our country wider on the daily. 

Just now, Margarita said:

I think the level of personal attacks and vitriol expressed in this thread is only matched by our politicians and the POTUS  tweet history.  Shame on us all but especially the politicians who make the division within our country wider on the daily. 

Honestly, who divided the country more? Trump and his tweets or the media who went all in, accusing the President of being a traitor (punishable by death) for four years without any evidence. They knowingly lied, with the specific intent of dividing the country. Calling anyone who dared question their evidence-less case as Putin supporter, Nazi, or traitor themselves. 

Trump punches back. He doesn't punch first. Plenty of people find his tweets off putting and his mannerism in general. But he's not the one dividing the country. 

It's the media and the establishment who are fighting for their lives and (rightly) view Trump as an existential threat to their way of life.

• Like (+1) 7

By the time he released the funds, Trump was aware the scheme was outed.   His plan was discovered.  In brief, he was caught.  You know that, I assume.  That is why I claimed the plan seems to be to simply exhaust. 

A guy with a gun, a note, and a running get away car goes to the bank.  He gives the teller a robber's note, steals money, and runs for the door.  The guard stops him before he can leave.

Is that a crime?  Who was harmed?  The bank kept its money, right?   No harm, no foul or something else?

Since Trump proclaimed, according to Sondlund (after he was caught) that he wanted nothing, no Quid Pro Quo.  He THEN released the money before the deadline.  Many have said, that proves no wrongdoing.  Horseshit.  Acting properly after getting caught attempting to act improperly, does not cut it.. 

Except that is an almost comic book level of review of what happened.

Though it sets a bad precedent (not that the impeachment process to date hasn't been setting all sorts of bad precedents which will bite whoever's is the next President to have a House led by the other party) as 2 of these 3 potential witnesses didn't testify previously, am perfectly fine with Bolton testifying, provided we also get the whistleblower testifying and IG Atkinson testifying.

Get this all out in the open and under oath.  Would expect that won't go the way the D's want/ expect but am willing to let the chips fall where they may.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Honestly, who divided the country more? Trump and his tweets or the media who went all in, accusing the President of being a traitor (punishable by death) for four years without any evidence. They knowingly lied, with the specific intent of dividing the country. Calling anyone who dared question their evidence-less case as Putin supporter, Nazi, or traitor themselves. 

Trump punches back. He doesn't punch first. Plenty of people find his tweets off putting and his mannerism in general. But he's not the one dividing the country. 

It's the media and the establishment who are fighting for their lives and (rightly) view Trump as an existential threat to their way of life.

That's the Democrat way. If they don't get what they want (power) they scream & throw a fit, assail your character, call you every name in the book, then accuse you of being divisive.

It's been like that since GWB. Maybe longer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This reads to me as if you hold one side less culpable than the other. I think this divide has only widened with Trump but to think it didn’t exist previously I disagree.  It is the nature of our politics to be adversarial I think both sides have no real interest in anything close to coming together. It’s worse now than it’s ever been. At least it seems that way to me Rhino

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

On a side note dang you type fast:-)

1 minute ago, Margarita said:

This reads to me as if you hold one side less culpable than the other. I think this divide has only widened with Trump but to think it didn’t exist previously I disagree.  It is the nature of our politics to be adversarial I think both sides have no real interest in anything close to coming together. It’s worse now than it’s ever been. At least it seems that way to me Rhino

No, please don't misunderstand. 

My position is that there is no difference between Dem/Rep. That's a trick, a dodge, used to pit us, the people, against one another. It's bread and circus for the mob. There is an establishment, which is bi-partisan in composition. That's who has been dividing the country. That's who is fighting Trump (and has been from day one). It's not just the democrats being bad while the republicans are angels -- by any stretch. 

Go back and look at YouTube clips of the election coverage from all the major media outlets (when you have time to kill of course). If you do, and are honest, you'll see that the attacks came from day one, with vitriol and falsehoods sold as facts, and it was designed to divide the country and make anyone who spoke out against the narrative they were building (Trump/Russia) toxic. 

Trump didn't do that. The media and the establishment politicians did it.  

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

On a side note dang you type fast:-)

The benefits of being a writer by trade ;) Have to write fast to hit those deadlines :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

Speaking of internet communication I wonder how much more civil it could be in chat rooms if folks tried to communicate as if they were actually face to face and not hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I’ve been labeled a troll, fake, stupid , trolling for dates LOL that one I laughed...anyway I’m not innocent I came in hard and said trump voters were brainwashed (cultish) I shouldn’t have said that I don’t know people in here personally nor do u me it was wrong but I have a really hard to me with folks I DO know personally who literally think Trump can do no wrong and that’s why I said what I did. It does appear that here he is widely supported but not in 100% everything and I can appreciate this place more knowing that. Anyway.....

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No, please don't misunderstand. 

My position is that there is no difference between Dem/Rep. That's a trick, a dodge, used to pit us, the people, against one another. It's bread and circus for the mob. There is an establishment, which is bi-partisan in composition. That's who has been dividing the country. That's who is fighting Trump (and has been from day one). It's not just the democrats being bad while the republicans are angels -- by any stretch. 

Go back and look at YouTube clips of the election coverage from all the major media outlets (when you have time to kill of course). If you do, and are honest, you'll see that the attacks came from day one, with vitriol and falsehoods sold as facts, and it was designed to divide the country and make anyone who spoke out against the narrative they were building (Trump/Russia) toxic. 

Trump didn't do that. The media and the establishment politicians did it.  

The benefits of being a writer by trade ;) Have to write fast to hit those deadlines :beer: 

TRIPLE LIKE THIS totally agree ??? I read something recently I’ll get off my phone to post it I think it’ll strike a chord...