The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

22 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I don't have the energy to reply to repeated crap.  You know the story.  You know the timeline.  Why repeat such horseshit points?  It seems it is simply an attempt to exhaust anyone trying to get at the truth.

Ask yourself, in fact don't reply, just ask yourself when truth no longer mattered to you.  Ask yourself when lies were OK with you because they were difficult to disprove by others.

Another clear example of leftist projection.

This is exactly what you and your cronies do on this board, and to date have never yet been right, bob.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

yes, I have integrity.  I have consistency of position.  I have been in favor of impeaching both Clinton and now Trump. 

No offense, Bob, but that's not something you want to be consistent with.

Those are two of the most indefensible abuses of power in the modern era.

You may not realize it, but you're saying you generally favor the legislature deposing the co-equal executive in derogation of the Constitution for partisan political purposes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

No offense, Bob, but that's not something you want to be consistent with.

Those are two of the most indefensible abuses of power in the modern era.

You may not realize it, but you're saying you generally favor the legislature deposing the co-equal executive in derogation of the Constitution for partisan political purposes.

He's been programmed so subtly and efficiently he's become that which he claims to be fighting. 

That's what happens when you go through life refusing to think for yourself. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The New York Times article doesn’t specify the date in August when Trump allegedly spoke to Bolton. They say only that the President had just returned from a vacation at his golf resort in New Jersey. That would make it sometime around August 18th.

Bongino points out that this would have been about two weeks before the Ukrainians even learned about the delay in the aid. “How the hell do you engage in a pressure campaign when the Ukrainians don’t even know you’re putting pressure on them?….

But, even if Bolton’s manuscript is correct, that he had this conversation with Trump, Trump never passed that pressure onto Ukraine. They didn’t even know about the delay in the aid. Did you notice the New York Times left that out for a reason? Did you think that was a mistake?”

Finally, Adam Schiff, et al., keep railing that President Trump put Ukrainian troops at risk. This is another lie. “That is not the aid that was held up. The javelin missiles that were the subject of the transcript were not held up at all…Even his House manager, Rep. Val Demings, is confused about this.”

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/01/28/772963/

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ask yourself why neither of the Articles of Impeachment charge the President with Extortion.

Ask yourself whether the House -- if they could make a case for extortion -- consciously chose not to pass an Article of Impeachment charging extortion.

Ask yourself why the House Managers, during their 21+ hours of opening statements, didn't argue that Ukraine's President was "extorted".

Don't call it crap. It isn't crap. And stop telling people that they don't believe in "truth" when it is only your own "truth" that you seem to care about.

Good points.  You are right that I keep calling the scheme extortion when it apparently does not meet some legal criteria.  I apologize.  I guess that is why they refer to the scheme as abuse of power instead.

As far as the truth issue, you are not as correct.  I am talking about discovering the actual events as opposed to a finding a defensible position.  The Trump supporters here and in the Senate don't want to know the Ukrainian truth because, imo, the more they learn the harder it becomes to simply ignore the facts and to vote to acquit. 

If they cared about the truth, they would want to learn what happened and then decide whether or not the scheme was impeachable.  Instead they back slap Dershowitz because he seemingly gave them a lifeboat - a position that allows them to close their eyes and ears to any more information.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good points.  You are right that I keep calling the scheme extortion when it apparently does not meet some legal criteria.  I apologize.  I guess that is why they refer to the scheme as abuse of power instead.

As far as the truth issue, you are not as correct.  I am talking about discovering the actual events as opposed to a finding a defensible position.  The Trump supporters here and in the Senate don't want to know the Ukrainian truth because, imo, the more they learn the harder it becomes to simply ignore the facts and to vote to acquit. 

If they cared about the truth, they would want to learn what happened and then decide whether or not the scheme was impeachable.  Instead they back slap Dershowitz because he seemingly gave them a lifeboat - a position that allows them to close their eyes and ears to any more information.

He says the last two paragraphs with a straight face while EVERYONE on his side has screamed that any investigation into Biden’s corruption is a waste of time. 

How does Bob hold those two diametrically opposed views in his head simultaneously? 

Because he’s uninformed, programmed, and refuses to think for himself. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

As you said, it's your opinion.  And in my opinion, many in the Senate don't want to do the job that the House was supposed to do.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's been programmed so subtly and efficiently he's become that which he claims to be fighting. 

That's what happens when you go through life refusing to think for yourself. 

In fairness though, I think he comes by it honestly. We all suffer from cognitive bias.

I don't put him in the same camp with the drive by dipshits like Gary, Tibs, & TH3.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rob's House said:

In fairness though, I think he comes by it honestly. We all suffer from cognitive bias.

I don't put him in the same camp with the drive by dipshits like Gary, Tibs, & TH3.

I do. He’s earned it with his hostility and complete cowardice displayed the past three years when he’s been shown the evidence — and chose to ignore it. 

There is no reality where shifty and co. are going to convince anyone that they can read minds.

Because that is all there is to this...idiots saying they know what trump was thinking...

Not only are they wrong they will never prove it. I don't care how many witnesses they call.

As an aside, LOL at the left and dumb Joe thinking that Trump is afraid of Joe Biden on any level.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I do. He’s earned it with his hostility and complete cowardice displayed the past three years when he’s been shown the evidence — and chose to ignore it. 

C'mon - we all know you've got a crush on Bob

I just hope Tracy Beanz doesn't find out

• Haha (+1) 1

As Dan Bongino pointed out..................

There has to be a victim for a crime to be committed.

In this whole stupid process, who actually is the victim here?

That's a question no one can answer, so this whole should have been shut down before it even started.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Did you not read my previous response?  The Ukrainians became aware at some point in time.  That is key.

The point I was making, and I am pretty sure you recognize this already, it is irrelevant that on July 25th they did not know as long as they eventually did know.  The WH keeps repeating that on July 25th the Ukrainians were unaware of the alleged scheme.  That is immaterial.

As things played out, they discovered they were being pressured to announce investigations into Burisma and the Bidens.

54 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I don't have the energy to reply to repeated crap.  You know the story.  You know the timeline.  Why repeat such horseshit points?  It seems it is simply an attempt to exhaust anyone trying to get at the truth.

Ask yourself, in fact don't reply, just ask yourself when truth no longer mattered to you.  Ask yourself when lies were OK with you because they were difficult to disprove by others.

How do you reconcile these 2 views?

To the comment bolded above, yes, I've seen the timeline.  But based on what you've now posted, am 99% certain that you don't.  And if you don't know the sequence of events nor even the actions of the various parties involved, how can you possibly "know the truth" or even make a straight faced claim that you care about the truth?

You come across as the least informed poster on this entire board, which is quite a feat in itself, and then have the temerity to claim that the truth doesn't matter to others.  Pot, meet kettle.  (Sheesh, and all this time it seemed people were calling you a pot head for your proclivities.  Hadn't noticed the double entendre that also works until just now.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2