Dwayne Haskins taking selfies misses last play of game

Beast

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

And he is the starting QB. The game wasn't over. What if Keenum had dropped the snap because he hadnt been playing and his hands were cold. Lions recover and they have another opportunity to win the game.

You finish the game. Pay attention to whats happening

If Allen did this, fans would lose their minds. Its a terrible look 

Has this ever happened in the history of the NFL? I’m serious.

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The local media loves to mock McDermott's focus on culture but this is a glaring example of a player who isn't committed to winning. He could be the most talented ever but we'll never know because he won't put in the work.

You know we had a guy quit at halftime last year right? 

This was dumb but some of these reactions are over the top. They won the game and their rookie qb took a picture with a fan.  Wow!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I get it's not ideal but this is as dumb as people criticizing a dude for being seen at a party in the off season and saying bahhumbug he should he practicing. Let the KID enjoy the win. If josh did this wed all be laughing 

It’s really nothing like that at all. In fact, Allen would be getting ripped if he did that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

Well, when you have the owner in your pocket, I guess you can do anything.

I'm going to be really curious what will happen if the Skins get the number one overall pick.  I think the LSU QB is a must take, but I can see them sticking with Haskins and taking the Ohio State DE, perpetuating the years of ineptitude. 

The Redskins are dumb enough to fail to see that Haskins is a sunk cost and instead pass on taking a QB. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This was dumb but some of these reactions are over the top. They won the game and their rookie qb took a picture with a fan.  Wow!

His game clinching throw was inaccurate to a wide open receiver, and McClaurin made a very good catch. I know it's early, but man does it look like Haskins is a complete bust. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Redskins are dumb enough to fail to see that Haskins is a sunk cost and instead pass on taking a QB. 

His game clinching throw was inaccurate to a wide open receiver, and McClaurin made a very good catch. I know it's early, but man does it look like Haskins is a complete bust. 

1) who would succeed in Washington right now?

2) some of the posters giving up on him are the same ones who are the biggest advocates of patience with our own qb.  I really haven’t watched him besides our game.  He looked like a young qb on a crappy team. They are an awful, awful organization.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

2) some of the posters giving up on him are the same ones who are the biggest advocates of patience with our own qb.  I really haven’t watched him besides our game.  He looked like a young qb on a crappy team. They are an awful, awful organization.

I've seen a bit more than that. He looks like he's completely out of his depth. I mean, who really knows, but sometimes you can just feel the stink. I say this as someone who loved what AZ did in the draft this year. They knew Rosen didn't really have it, and weren't going to waste time trying to re-figure out what they already knew. Murray is the real deal. 

As for Washington, both Alex Smith and Cousins produced there. Smith got hurt, but he was playing well. The team is not devoid of talent. 

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I've seen a bit more than that. He looks like he's completely out of his depth. I mean, who really knows, but sometimes you can just feel the stink. I say this as someone who loved what AZ did in the draft this year. They knew Rosen didn't really have it, and weren't going to waste time trying to re-figure out what they already knew. Murray is the real deal. 

As for Washington, both Alex Smith and Cousins produced there. Smith got hurt, but he was playing well. The team is not devoid of talent. 

They had Trent Williams to block for them and those team were completely different. Their best offensive player is a rookie.  Minus the terrible Giants game where he completely wasn’t ready, his first 3 games measure up to Allen’s last year.

he may suck.  But it’s kinda crazy that people can make any real judgments because he plays in one of the most dysfunctional situations in sports. 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They had Trent Williams to block for them and those team were completely different. Their best offensive player is a rookie.  Minus the terrible Giants game where he completely wasn’t ready, his first 3 games measure up to Allen’s last year.

he may suck.  But it’s kinda crazy that people can make any real judgments because he plays in one of the most dysfunctional situations in sports. 

The thing is, I think he himself is a little dysfunctional. The snowplow dad, the fact that Snyder drafted him because of geographical proximity to his high school, the cluelessness on the field (worse than most rookies), the episode yesterday (celebrating a win before the game was over against a bad Detroit team), and of course the sideline episode with the o-line all suggest problems. 

Edited by dave mcbride

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The highlight of the season to you, I bet. And what does that have to do with Haskins? You want to stick up for a guy who "won" a game throwing 45% (13/29) 156 yards, an interception and 0 TDs?  I bet if Josh allen had this kind of day and decided to miss a play to take selfies with fans, you'd be sticking up for him too? :lol:

I think I'm in line with most astute football observers. It shows a lack of commitment and focus. And it's not like he's earned some slack by showing talent. The Skins won mostly thanks to a kickoff return for TD plus 4 Lions turnovers.

And yet here you are sticking up for the guy. Go figure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-dwayne-haskins-this-selfie-could-stick/2019/11/25/652d9528-0f46-11ea-b0fc-62cc38411ebb_story.html?utm_campaign=post_most&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never saw him as a quality NFL starter.  

I agree with what the Cardinals did by taking another QB this year.  If the player is a definitive upgrade at such a key position, then do it.  No one will care about Rosen if Murray makes it as a pro.  

You are very correct that the Redskins will ruin whatever player they have. 

20 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

I was either a chooch or a meathead. Those were the days. Miss my dad.

Haskins made a boneheaded move here, no doubt. Still doesn’t trump Gus Ferrote ramming his head into the end zone wall. 

You are right. He is not at Gus's level of Quarterbacking or being a meathead.  His father does appear to surpass Gus's ability to be a meathead.

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think Joe Burrows is a top 3 lock

It took 4 years for him to really turn it on and tho the green light has finally clicked in college he definitely isn't a sure thing

The tua injury Definitely pushes him up the board

An Alabama fan at work said he heard from people "in the know" (a supporter who is involved with a lot of things players do) that Tua is exaggerating injury because he does not want to be a top 5 QB with opinion that QBs on those teams are doomed to fail.  Not sure a player would do that rather than just mess up in person interview with teams he did not like.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The local media loves to mock McDermott's focus on culture but this is a glaring example of a player who isn't committed to winning. He could be the most talented ever but we'll never know because he won't put in the work.

Redskins won.

• Like (+1) 1

It Is quite interesting reading the comments.  

Everything from not a problem/funny to immature/selfish.  

When I played any player that allowed himself to get this distracted during a game would have gotten in trouble with the coach.  Especially the starting QB.  

Different times.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

He quite literally won them that game.

I took a look at his stat line. You have to explain how Haskins won that game. Was it his 45% completion percentage or was it the 4 Lions turnovers or kickoff return?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2