Redskins' OL Trent Williams will not play vs. Bills

HOUSE

usatsi_11801918-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The Bills host the Washington Redskins on Sunday in Week 9 and the visitors got a big name back on the practice field this week, offensive lineman Trent Williams.

But not so fast, he’s not practicing now. According to Redskins Wire, Williams actually failed a physical and couldn’t practice. Williams felt discomfort putting on his helmet.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/31/redskins-ol-trent-williams-will-not-play-vs-bills/

Edited by HOUSE

Discomfort putting on a helmet. Let me tell you I never felt comfort putting on a helmet. And if the act caused him discomfort then what kind of life does this guy have where he doesn’t raise his arm up above his shoulders? I’m 6’2 and every time I’m in the grocery store I help a lady get something down off the top shelf.

He is saying it is related to the benign tumor which had to be removed, which is at the root of this whole situation in the first place. He is pissed because the Skins apparently handled the situation in a manner not to his liking. It is kind of like the Osemele situation in NY, only there is no way in Hades the Skins will cut Williams. Snyder and Allen are masters of petty. 

Edited by H2o

...some pretty serious accusations.....

Trent Williams: Doctors downplayed for more than five years tumor that was cancerous

Posted by Josh Alper on October 31, 2019, 4:00 PM EDT

Washington left tackle Trent Williams met with reporters on Thursday for the first time since returning to the team this week and provided details about the medical condition that played a major role in his decision to stay away from the team until Tuesday.

Williams said he went to team doctors almost six years ago about the growth on his head that he wound up having removed this offseason. He said the doctors told him it was a minor condition at the time and he accepted that diagnosis while continuing to play.

The growth continued to grow, however, and he sought other outside opinions earlier this year. That was when he learned he had Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans, which is a rare, soft-tissue cancer.

“I had cancer. I had a tumor removed. It got pretty serious for a second. I was told some scary things by the doctor,” Williams said, via Kareem Copeland of the Washington Post.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/31/trent-williams-growth-on-head-was-cancer/#comments

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...some pretty serious accusations.....

Trent Williams: Doctors downplayed for more than five years tumor that was cancerous

Posted by Josh Alper on October 31, 2019, 4:00 PM EDT

Washington left tackle Trent Williams met with reporters on Thursday for the first time since returning to the team this week and provided details about the medical condition that played a major role in his decision to stay away from the team until Tuesday.

Williams said he went to team doctors almost six years ago about the growth on his head that he wound up having removed this offseason. He said the doctors told him it was a minor condition at the time and he accepted that diagnosis while continuing to play.

The growth continued to grow, however, and he sought other outside opinions earlier this year. That was when he learned he had Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans, which is a rare, soft-tissue cancer.

“I had cancer. I had a tumor removed. It got pretty serious for a second. I was told some scary things by the doctor,” Williams said, via Kareem Copeland of the Washington Post.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/31/trent-williams-growth-on-head-was-cancer/#comments

Apparently, no dermatologists on the Deadskins medical staff.  They're not astute enough to refer him to one?  If nothing else works, see a doctor on your own, especially when you're making millions.  Of course we're talking about the Redskins "culture."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Apparently, no dermatologists on the Deadskins medical staff.  They're not astute enough to refer him to one?  If nothing else works, see a doctor on your own, especially when you're making millions.  Of course we're talking about the Redskins "culture."

...sounds like he eventually did....if accurate, sounds like Deadskins docs implied "no worry"........

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He isn’t ever going to play again for the Skins unless they make him the Highest Paid OT in the game. Guaranteed Money will change a person outlook. 

He won't be playing for the team, an organization he hates.  He'll be playing strictly for himself.  And if one suggests that won't help his career down the road, by the time his contract runs out so, likely, will his career. 

10 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He won't be playing for the team, an organization he hates.  He'll be playing strictly for himself.  And if one suggests that won't help his career down the road, by the time his contract runs out so, likely, will his career. 

he has one more year that’s next year. He reported to this year will count even though he will never play this year. They will move him in March 

11 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He had a cancerous tumor growing on his head that team doctors told him was fine.

He has every right to be pissed.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1