What's gone wrong with the team lately and this season in general despite 5-2

BillsBlue

Good evening folks I just figured I'd point out what seems to have stood out to me personally the most while being at the Giants and eagles games and watching the them all a few times a piece. Also I'll be adding a funny story at the end about running into Fred Jackson after the eagles game in the lot outside the training facility. 

1- The offensive line looks downright bad/awful way too often. There's a reason Allen's fumbled so much this year and last year. He's being jailbroken and gang tackled way way too often. Dawkins needs to be cut this coming off season. Morse is average to slightly above average he's a keeper. We need to replace everyone on the line not named morse. I'm sorry to hurt feelings but these 4 other guys should not be starting in the NFL period. 

2- Kroft looks like the answer at tight end he's looked stellar in the small sample that we saw this week. He knows how to get open. 

3- Our special teams coordinator needs to be fired immediately. How do we have this many blocked kicks against us in a season. This is a catastrophe and teams are taking note and exploiting it with great success. It needs to be fixed now.

4- I hate to say it but we need to let Jerry Hughes and Trent go this off-season. Neither have been effective this season. Shaq looks better than either at this point he's flashed  more speed and power than either of them and actually gets the qb down. I think Jordan Phillips is a stud and he's a nice rotation with Oliver, but we need a prime time edge rusher in the worst way heck we need 2 of them it's unnaceptable that Shaq is our best atm.

5-Play singletary he's got the bulk to be a 3 down back(he's short but a mjd type imo) and he would make our offense much more unpredictable. We've been here before with past rosters. If you don't have a 3 down back teams can key on pass or run and shut you down. Gore is solid but let singletary tire them out and then let Gore mop up coach has it backwards right now. 

6-  We desperately need an open when he's not type of #1 wide receiver for an offense with Josh Allen at qb to be successful. Josh is tentative to trust any of our deep ball targets this season and I don't blame him. None of them are built to go up and get it. Duke is a nice 4th wr option and red zone threat but we don't have someone who can stretch the field and also go up and get it, dukes too slow for that and browns too small and is a perfect #2 a peerless price type.  Browns a precision route runner with great hands but he's not a jump ball/ bully the cb guy. We need someone who Allen is comfortable with throwing bombs to such as a Julio or Mike Evans type. Eli had Plax and Allen needs something along those lines to get to the next level with the deep ball(I'm talking bombs here folks). 

7- Edmunds needs to replace Lorenzo and we need to get a better more instinctual mlb. I know this will hurt feelings but hey I see Edmunds lost a lot out there we need to let him use his athleticism and not his melon so often. We need a cj Mosely type for the mlb spot.  

That's my assessment take it for what it's worth haha roast me for whatever seems outlandish lol. 

Here's my quick story about Fred this past Sunday....

I saw Fred getting out of his Cadillac as my buddy and I left the game and walked to our lot as we walked by the field house. He had all blue from pants to hoodie and it was the standing buffalo on everything just like I was wearing haha. He was trying not to be seen but him and I locked eyes for a second(we were about 20 feet apart) and he could tell I recognized him. I say Fred!?!? He notions me over to him and we chatted for a minute or 2 and he was one of the most humble and kind players I've ever met(same as Fitz and jp as well as Byrd and George Wilson...Kyle all class acts...I met Fred before and got an autograph). He let me get a pic with him and then I said " Fred you're my father's favorite player of all time in the NFL and thanks for all the awesome memories, God bless you and your family." He responded by shaking my hand and then slapped my ass as if I just made a big play and walked off to the training center. 

Priceless- it made up for how crappy the game went ????

Cheer up everyone Beanes gonna put us over the top this off-season and draft, then we'll be real contenders. This season is the final test run and tune up, next year we trade the Corvette in on a Ferrari and take the league by storm. Cheers I'm going to bed. 

Edited by BillsBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

A generally conservative HC and an OC who moves away from what has been working during games, or runs the ball against teams that have poor pass defenses or vis versa. Compiled with non consistent execution of plays.  That’s all I got...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the game plan since preseason has been the failure here. They are attempting to morph into a deadly passing team and sadly for all of us Allen is not ready. I thought based on free agency and the draft this was going to be a power run season where the offensive line gets to maul opponents with pure power and we mix in a little play action, deep shots and Allen runs. Instead we’re chucking the ball all over the field, which is awesome but it’s not working. Time to slow the game down on offense, stop making silly penalties, control the clock, play smart football and let the defense stay fresh. Just my 2cents 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Good evening folks I just figured I'd point out what seems to have stood out to me personally the most while being at the Giants and eagles games and watching the them all a few times a piece. Also I'll be adding a funny story at the end about running into Fred Jackson after the eagles game in the lot outside the training facility. 

1- The offensive line looks downright bad/awful way too often. There's a reason Allen's fumbled so much this year and last year. He's being jailbroken and gang tackled way way too often. Dawkins needs to be cut this coming off season. Morse is average to slightly above average he's a keeper. We need to replace everyone on the line not named morse. I'm sorry to hurt feelings but these 4 other guys should not be starting in the NFL period. 

2- Kroft looks like the answer at tight end he's looked stellar in the small sample that we saw this week. He knows how to get open. 

3- Our special teams coordinator needs to be fired immediately. How do we have this many blocked kicks against us in a season. This is a catastrophe and teams are taking note and exploiting it with great success. It needs to be fixed now.

4- I hate to say it but we need to let Jerry Hughes and Trent go this off-season. Neither have been effective this season. Shaq looks better than either at this point he's flashed  more speed and power than either of them and actually gets the qb down. I think Jordan Phillips is a stud and he's a nice rotation with Oliver, but we need a prime time edge rusher in the worst way heck we need 2 of them it's unnaceptable that Shaq is our best atm.

5-Play singletary he's got the bulk to be a 3 down back(he's short but a mjd type imo) and he would make our offense much more unpredictable. We've been here before with past rosters. If you don't have a 3 down back teams can key on pass or run and shut you down. Gore is solid but let singletary tire them out and then let Gore mop up coach has it backwards right now. 

6-  We desperately need an open when he's not type of #1 wide receiver for an offense with Josh Allen at qb to be successful. Josh is tentative to trust any of our deep ball targets this season and I don't blame him. None of them are built to go up and get it. Duke is a nice 4th wr option and red zone threat but we don't have someone who can stretch the field and also go up and get it, dukes too slow for that and browns too small and is a perfect #2 a peerless price type.  Browns a precision route runner with great hands but he's not a jump ball/ bully the cb guy. We need someone who Allen is comfortable with throwing bombs to such as a Julio or Mike Evans type. Eli had Plax and Allen needs something along those lines to get to the next level with the deep ball(I'm talking bombs here folks). 

7- Edmunds needs to replace Lorenzo and we need to get a better more instinctual mlb. I know this will hurt feelings but hey I see Edmunds lost a lot out there we need to let him use his athleticism and not his melon so often. We need a cj Mosely type for the mlb spot.  

That's my assessment take it for what it's worth haha roast me for whatever seems outlandish lol. 

Here's my quick story about Fred this past Sunday....

I saw Fred getting out of his Cadillac as my buddy and I left the game and walked to our lot as we walked by the field house. He had all blue from pants to hoodie and it was the standing buffalo on everything just like I was wearing haha. He was trying not to be seen but him and I locked eyes for a second(we were about 20 feet apart) and he could tell I recognized him. I say Fred!?!? He notions me over to him and we chatted for a minute or 2 and he was one of the most humble and kind players I've ever met(same as Fitz and jp as well as Byrd and George Wilson...Kyle all class acts...I met Fred before and got an autograph). He let me get a pic with him and then I said " Fred you're my father's favorite player of all time in the NFL and thanks for all the awesome memories, God bless you and your family." He responded by shaking my hand and then slapped my ass as if I just made a big play and walked off to the training center. 

Priceless- it made up for how crappy the game went ????

Cheer up everyone Beanes gonna put us over the top this off-season and draft, then we'll be real contenders. This season is the final test run and tune up, next year we trade the Corvette in on a Ferrari and take the league by storm. Cheers I'm going to bed. 

If an O lineman gets beat the play is over as far a they're concerned.  They don't reengage with another defender.  Find another defender and put your body on 'em.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I couldn’t get past the poor offensive line play. By my eye, and most other headings, the Bills OL has been adequate to good. 

If Allen wasn't as mobile as he is The line would be abysmal. They get practically zero push against teams with average d lines. I'm going by eye here and it's telling imo

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

If an O lineman gets beat the play is over as far a they're concerned.  They don't reengage with another defender.  Find another defender and put your body on 'em.

I noticed this as well

Just now, BillsBlue said:

If Allen wasn't as mobile as he is The line would be abysmal. They get practically zero push against teams with average d lines. I'm going by eye here and it's telling imo

If the line was even average, we'd be able to run the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

If the line was even average, we'd be able to run the ball.

I agree and it hasn't been and it shows 

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think the game plan since preseason has been the failure here. They are attempting to morph into a deadly passing team and sadly for all of us Allen is not ready. I thought based on free agency and the draft this was going to be a power run season where the offensive line gets to maul opponents with pure power and we mix in a little play action, deep shots and Allen runs. Instead we’re chucking the ball all over the field, which is awesome but it’s not working. Time to slow the game down on offense, stop making silly penalties, control the clock, play smart football and let the defense stay fresh. Just my 2cents 

I agree the game plan need a major tweak

Offense

75% of the blame has to go to the offense. Josh's development is still on pace but the level of playmakers (toys) around him is just not there yet. Daboll has been a disappointment. Singletary should be playing more.

Defense (15%)

They carried this team up until Miami. But are now getting abused at the LOS. Other than Jordan, the remaining 1 tech's have not performed. Edmunds great one play then gets lost in the wash the next. I think McD forgot Vincent Taylor is available? This defense generates zero turnovers or pressure. 

Special Teams (10%)

Farwell & Co are struggling. Bozo is dead last in the NFL in net punts. There were better punters available and McD ignored this important part of the team. No big returns from Robert's? No blocked punt and maybe we beat NE?

.... Lots of stuff to clean up for the 2nd half...but considering our schedule I can't see us with anything less than 10 wins.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

i agree. Sorry to OP, but there are a lot of bad takes here! 

Hey brother that's fine by me that you feel that way, I cut deep here and I know people won't want to agree but it's true we need 3 new starting caliber olineman and 2 stud edge rushers plus a real #1 wide out and a better mlb and to move Edmunds to outside backer. It hurts I know but it's true and I'm the biggest Homer around 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Offense

75% of the blame has to go to the offense. Josh's development is still on pace but the level of playmakers (toys) around him is just not there yet. Daboll has been a disappointment. Singletary should be playing more.

Defense (15%)

They carried this team up until Miami. But are now getting abused at the LOS. Other than Jordan, the remaining 1 tech's have not performed. Edmunds great one play then gets lost in the wash the next. I think McD forgot Vincent Taylor is available? This defense generates zero turnovers or pressure. 

Special Teams (10%)

Farwell & Co are struggling. Bozo is dead last in the NFL in net punts. There were better punters available and McD ignored this important part of the team. No big returns from Robert's? No blocked punt and maybe we beat NE?

.... Lots of stuff to clean up for the 2nd half...but considering our schedule I can't see us with anything less than 10 wins.

Awesome take I feel the same thanks for the well thought out response

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Hey brother that's fine by me that you feel that way, I cut deep here and I know people won't want to agree but it's true we need 3 new starting caliber olineman and 2 stud edge rushers plus a real #1 wide out and a better mlb and to move Edmunds to outside backer. 

I didn’t mean to be harsh, and certainly respect everyone’s takes. I would just respectfully disagree with a few of them.

the oline play we have had this year has been the absolute best we have had for years. I don’t think you can let the eagles game color your view of how good they have been. I haven’t looked lately, but I think all the advanced stats bear out that the line has been good.

re Kroft, I think it is premature to draw any conclusions about him. I think he only caught one ball last week. 

I don’t think the special teams have been bad and certainly not bad enough to fire the ST coordinator. The blocked EP was a flat-out missed block. 

I don’t think anyone disagrees that we need to get better at WR and DE. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I didn’t mean to be harsh, and certainly respect everyone’s takes. I would just respectfully disagree  with a few of them.

the oline play we have had this year has been the absolute best we have had for years. I don’t think you can let the eagles game color your view of how good they have been. I haven’t looked lately, but I think all the advanced stats bear out that the line has been good.

re Kroft, I think it is premature to draw any conclusions about him. I think he only caught one ball last week. 

I don’t think the special teams have been bad and certainly not bad enough to fire the ST coordinator. The blocked EP was a flat-out missed block. 

I don’t think anyone disagrees that we need to get better at WR and DE. 

I agree the online play is better than last year by a good measure but not nearly as good as when wood was in the pivot with incognito next to him. Not even the same league. I see the online as slightly below average at this point. Morse is slightly above average and Ford is starting to look better the last couple games and will get his shot. But Dawkins needs to be upgraded and moved to gaurd or be depth and I would like Ford at guard as well and then get 2 above average tackles to be starters for next year depending on Ford's development. Re kroft he had the only 2 catches thrown his way for 32 yards. And yes bojo needs to be gone but I feel that our st coach needs to be jettisoned we should have fixed the issue before now.  

Edited by BillsBlue

3- SpT coordinator: we have Danny Crossman 2.0.  I don't know where McD found Farwell, but he needs to be returned.  McD has done a terrible job overall at picking his staff, especially his coordinators.

6- WR: I don't think it is a case that Josh doesn't trust his receivers, Josh just isn't an accurate passer on 20+ yard passes.  I understand those are lower percentage plays, but he has to do a better job than overthrowing his WR by 5+ yards. 

7- MLB: I don't see Edmunds being replaced.  Edmunds is an athletic MLB whose job is to primarily covering the middle slot/short area.  He assists the DTs in stopping the run.  We need a good pass rushing DE (get rid of Murphy), as well as another one tech DT that can push the pocket back and stop the run.  Star does not push the pocket back, he may occupy blockers, but he ain't getting to the QB...whether it is his job or not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

3- SpT coordinator: we have Danny Crossman 2.0.  I don't know where McD found Farwell, but he needs to be returned.  McD has done a terrible job overall at picking his staff, especially his coordinators.

6- WR: I don't think it is a case that Josh doesn't trust his receivers, Josh just isn't an accurate passer on 20+ yard passes.  I understand those are lower percentage plays, but he has to do a better job than overthrowing his WR by 5+ yards. 

7- MLB: I don't see Edmunds being replaced.  Edmunds is an athletic MLB whose job is to primarily covering the middle slot/short area.  He assists the DTs in stopping the run.  We need a good pass rushing DE (get rid of Murphy), as well as another one tech DT that can push the pocket back and stop the run.  Star does not push the pocket back, he may occupy blockers, but he ain't getting to the QB...whether it is his job or not.

We know Josh can hit on the deep ball he did it last year very well down the stretch, I don't know if the coaches just have him air it out and overthrow on purpose to cut down interceptions or if he doesn't trust his guy to come down with the ball but something's off and I don't buy that he can't hit those throws. 

6 minutes ago, seven&nine said:

And yet the Bills have the 8th ranked rushing offense in the league.

This place really is doom & gloom after losses, huh?

Maybe it's the play calling and a mix of the online but we don't seem to manhandle anyone and we've been bad against the pass again I think Josh masks a lot of deficiencies between his own rushing and scrambling

Edited by BillsBlue