McD Factoids - Records and Such

ngbills

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not disagreeing. Just saying he doesn't have a whole lot to work with..... which has been the case since McDermott started calling the shots. A team void of offensive talent and it's still the case. He values guys like Patrick Dimarco and Lee Smith.

Every offense needs guys like Mike Tolbert, Pat DiMarco and Lee Smith? Right!?

21 hours ago, ngbills said:

Overall W/L Record = 20 - 19

Overall Scoring Differential = -150

Record vs Losing Record Teams = 16 - 6

Scoring differential vs losing Record Teams = 93

Record vs Winning Record Teams = 4 - 13 (wins vs 8-7-1 2018 MIN; 9-7 2018 TEN; 10-6 2017 ATL; 10-6 2017 KC)

Scoring differential vs Winning Record Teams = -243

WINS by 10+ = 5

WINS by 20+ = 3

LOSSES by 10+ = 13

LOSSES by 20+ = 7

Record when OPP scores 20 or more = 3 - 17

AVG Score vs Winning Record Teams = Bills 12 vs OPP 27

AVG Score vs Losing Record Teams = Bills 22 vs OPP 18

Combined Teams Winning % of Wins = .371

Combined Teams Winning % of Losses = .610

Last but not least...

Challenges = 1 for 12 (Ouch

large.4FD0419F-65AF-4EA6-88C2-1E535BD9D4AD.gif.f3ef9a3d3d4059f635bf15eaaf26997c.gif

Let’s forget about playoffs in his first year. Forget about being 5-2 despite the purging of players to free up cap space over the last year and some change. 
It’s all going to hell right? I’d love to see your posts when we make the playoffs or god forbid... we win a post-season game!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Are you under the impression that other teams don't carry rostered active guys who don't contribute a ton on field?

Most teams carry core STers like DiMarco who are not stars and a blocking tight end like Lee Smith. Tolbert (a career FB) being used as the team's 2nd running back made no sense. But that was year 1. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Most teams carry core STers like DiMarco who are not stars and a blocking tight end like Lee Smith. Tolbert (a career FB) being used as the team's 2nd running back made no sense. But that was year 1. 

Exactly...fussing over guys like DiMarco and Smith is just complaining for complaining's sake. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Why would you tie a 4th year FO/coaching staff to the statistics of a 2.5 yr QB? 

Huh? 

They cleared a playoff roster, and devoted a bunch of draft capital into picking him. Next year will be the start of the regimes 4th and Allen's 3rd season. 

The entire line of discussion was sort of a "what if" Allen does not take another step next year, does the FO keep their job, if so how...

So simply, I guess yes, I would tie a 4th year FO and Staff to a consistently middling offense. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Make this right. 

I have no idea what you are talking about. HAHA

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Exactly...fussing over guys like DiMarco and Smith is just complaining for complaining's sake. 

I remember people clamouring for Andre Holmes to be cut when he was here saying he was a waste of a receiver spot. I pointed out he was out there on pretty much every team and the response came "Do you think New England would keep a guy just because he is a good STer?" 

To which the answer is "Poster X meet Matthew Slater." A lot of people here just do not watch other games in sufficient volume or sufficient detail to understand what actually happens in the league beyond the ESPN narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. HAHA

I think you Americans would translate it as "good job" or some other similarly annoying phrase ?

• Haha (+1) 1

All this tells me is we need a Qb. 

How many of the losses are to teams with a bonfide franchise Qb? 

We cant compete with the best with mediocre Qb play, I dont care how good the defense is.  We've always had pretty darn good defenses, but you need to score points to win.   

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not disagreeing. Just saying he doesn't have a whole lot to work with..... which has been the case since McDermott started calling the shots. A team void of offensive talent and it's still the case. He values guys like Patrick Dimarco and Lee Smith.

Not an excuse. Been here long enough to have a say in who we have. And other Bills teams or teams around the league have done more with much less talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Augie said:

It must have been really difficult to remain quiet through the 5-1 start. Congrats! 

This was predicted in the game day thread. If they had won it just would have been.....”well, of course, they were supposed to win!”

I’ll wait and see how things play out, but I don’t hide after a bad game. I’m also not getting into a long, dragged out waste of time. I’m not thrilled with everything (by any means!), but I remain positive about the overall direction. 

Most of the Kool Aid Drinkers do!  So I commend you for this approach.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Most of the Kool Aid Drinkers do!  So I commend you for this approach.

If you are implying that I am a Kool Aid drinker, you are far off base and you missed the point. Why do people need to be extreme to one end of the spectrum or the other? I see the problems, I’m concerned by a LOT, I’m not totally sure Josh will really be the guy, but I like or direction. No Kool Aid there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you are implying that I am a Kool Aid drinker, you are far off base and you missed the point. Why do people need to be extreme to one end of the spectrum or the other? I see the problems, I’m concerned by a LOT, I’m not totally sure Josh will really be the guy, but I like or direction. No Kool Aid there. 

Maybe it was your post below. Sounds like a Kool Aid drinker if you ask me...

It must have been really difficult to remain quiet through the 5-1 start. Congrats! 

This was predicted in the game day thread. If they had won it just would have been.....”well, of course, they were supposed to win!”

I’ll wait and see how things play out, but I don’t hide after a bad game. I’m also not getting into a long, dragged out waste of time. I’m not thrilled with everything (by any means!), but I remain positive about the overall direction. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Maybe it was your post below. Sounds like a Kool Aid drinker if you ask me...

I’ll wait and see how things play out, but I don’t hide after a bad game. I’m also not getting into a long, dragged out waste of time.  I’m not thrilled with everything (by any means!), but I remain positive about the overall direction. 

Well, I didn’t ask you, but feel free to continue to be you. That quote (which might be more clear if properly executed) I believe puts me more toward the middle. See the bolded. I’m just not extreme one way or the other. We have legit problems, but I like our general direction. Sorry if that’s not negative enough to you and those who wonder if it’s time to fire people. There have actually been “firing” threads at 5-2. THAT is what I was speaking to in that quote. That’s crazy talk at this point. Might we get there? Of course. Anything is possible, but anyone going there NOW is just immature or unreasonable. I don’t waste a lot of time on that. 

That quote by me was in response to someone else saying how predictable this thread was. Which was completely true, and even called in the GDT. I’m closer to the middle than the extreme, but feel free to call me out if I don’t hate enough for your taste. I don’t mind if you want to expose yourself and show off your Non-Kool Aid drinker badge. 

Hint: If you want to quote me to make your point, make sure it makes sense first. 

Now see the italicized. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1