McD Factoids - Records and Such

ngbills

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Next year we will not have this cake walk schedule though. That is why this year is such an opportunity. 

Well I would hope that next year Josh Allen and the rest of our offense plays a lot better than this year.  If they don't then its probably time to start thinking about some changes somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Augie said:

It must have been really difficult to remain quiet through the 5-1 start. Congrats! 

This was predicted in the game day thread. If they had won it just would have been.....”well, of course, they were supposed to win!”

I’ll wait and see how things play out, but I don’t hide after a bad game. I’m also not getting into a long, dragged out waste of time. I’m not thrilled with everything (by any means!), but I remain positive about the overall direction. 

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, I didn’t ask you, but feel free to continue to be you. That quote (which might be more clear if properly executed) I believe puts me more toward the middle. See the bolded. I’m just not extreme one way or the other. We have legit problems, but I like our general direction. Sorry if that’s not negative enough to you and those who wonder if it’s time to fire people. There have actually been “firing” threads at 5-2. THAT is what I was speaking to in that quote. That’s crazy talk at this point. Might we get there? Of course. Anything is possible, but anyone going there NOW is just immature or unreasonable. I don’t waste a lot of time on that. 

That quote by me was in response to someone else saying how predictable this thread was. Which was completely true, and even called in the GDT. I’m closer to the middle than the extreme, but feel free to call me out if I don’t hate enough for your taste. I don’t mind if you want to expose yourself and show off your Non-Kool Aid drinker badge. 

Hint: If you want to quote me to make your point, make sure it makes sense first. 

Now see the italicized. 

I didnt know we were required to be asked to post on this forum. I am sorry but saying "It must have been really difficult to remain quiet through the 5-1 start. Congrats!" sounds like a put down to anyone being critical and a kool aid drinking comment. 

There was no mention of firing anyone in this thread when you made your post.

Your post was one of the first on page 1 of this thread. It seemed to be in response to the original post, not a reply to anything else. Insinuating that the thread was started by someone that is over reacting and has been quiet until this loss. 

Why reply to this thread at all if your not interested in the discussion? You add nothing to the discussion with a ""It must have been really difficult to remain quiet through the 5-1 start. Congrats!". That is simply an insult and offers no analysis or opinion of the info presented. 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah and then there are those who only show up after a loss. 

Probably true too.  This fanbase has a giant rift running straight through it.

It's because we've been so bad for so long.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Most of the Kool Aid Drinkers do!  So I commend you for this approach.

Kool Aid Drinkers? What are you...12?

You suggest there are Kool Aid drinkers as if every loss is yet another bullet into the the dark underbelly truth of some massive OBD/NFL conspiracy to fool Bills fans into thinking they have a team, while a select group of you are smart enough to not fall for the chicanery!!!  How wise you all are!!! :lol:

Do yourself a favor and don't confuse homers with people you think who are stupidly being duped.  We're homers. We're actually smart enough to know that there is literally NOTHING we, individually, can do to correct the faults of the team. We have only two choices: keep watching and stop watching. We choose to keep watching. Not because we're stupid, but because  we're homers who love the team and can't imagine not being a Bills fan.

The reason we stay away from message boards after a lose is we don't like watching adult man piss their pants for 24 hours because their team lost a football game. It's just that simple.

Kool Aid drinkers. :lol:

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Maybe it was your post below. Sounds like a Kool Aid drinker if you ask me...

It must have been really difficult to remain quiet through the 5-1 start. Congrats! 

This was predicted in the game day thread. If they had won it just would have been.....”well, of course, they were supposed to win!”

I’ll wait and see how things play out, but I don’t hide after a bad game. I’m also not getting into a long, dragged out waste of time. I’m not thrilled with everything (by any means!), but I remain positive about the overall direction. 

Bingo!

Come on Augie!  You're a reasonable fellow.  One of the most reasonable posters here.

Your'e a bit of a kool aid drinker.  It's OK to acknowledge it. 

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

You suggest there are Kool Aid drinkers as if every loss is yet another bullet into the the dark underbelly truth of some massive OBD/NFL conspiracy to fool Bills fans into thinking they have a team, while a select group of you are smart enough to not fall for the chicanery!!!  How wise you all are!!! :lol:

Do yourself a favor and don't confuse homers with people you think who are stupidly being duped.  We're homers. We're actually smart enough to know that there is literally NOTHING we, individually, can do to correct the faults of the team. We have only two choices: keep watching and stop watching. We choose to keep watching. Not because we're stupid, but because  we're homers who love the team and can't imagine not being a Bills fan.

The reason we stay away from message boards after a lose is we don't like watching adult man piss their pants for 24 hours because their team lost a football game. It's just that simple.

Didn't read this...too long.  Sorry!  I did note it was directed to me but I don't want to argue with you.

This board is 90% Kool Aid drinkers, by the way.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Didn't read this...too long.  Sorry!  I did note it was directed to me but I don't want to argue with you.

This board is 90% Kool Aid drinkers, by the way.

Note to self: extend away time after a loss from 24 to 48 hours.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Here is the issue I have.

I read and comment on threads based on what is an interesting discussion to me. However, many feel that any negative talk should not be allowed or your dont know what your talking about.

If you dont want to discuss if McD is doing a good job because 5-2 is enough and you want to stay positive then dont read the thread. Why come on here to say nothing but insult someone? Ignore if you dont want to hear about it. I am interesting in this topic. We have a 5-2 team that has some debatable attributes. We have beat bad teams by a small margin. Our offense has been inconsistent. It is a good debate in my opinion and not as simple as we are 5-2 what else do you expect. 

Some of us enjoy more than just the watching of the game. We enjoy discussing more than just the win or loss or the record of the team. Not for everybody. And if you dont like it then why tell others to just shut up and watch the game? Much easier for you to not read the particular thread. 

Edited by ngbills

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Bingo!

Come on Augie!  You're a reasonable fellow.  One of the most reasonable posters here.

Your'e a bit of a kool aid drinker.  It's OK to acknowledge it. 

I’m a bit ashamed to even respond, but you have lost all context here.......both to what I was responding to and what was predicted and discussed in the game day thread. It’s a fact that there are some people here who had pent up negativity they couldn’t release until we had a stinker of a loss (which it certainly WAS). That is not debatable. We had a “Fire” thread at 5-2. If you think that is rational, you are part of the problem. 

I’m on the positive side of middle. Because I think I’m a rational adult, I’d find something else to spend my time on if I got carried away at this point. That must be a miserable life, and I’d need to make changes. It’s a game played by people I’ve never even met. It’s “my team”, but I won’t let them make me crazy. I’ve been at this too long.  

Some people needed that “I told you so!” release but they couldn’t let it out at 5-1. They just couldn’t wait. That is undeniable. To each their own, but to call me a Kool Aid drinker is to expose shallow ignorance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m a bit ashamed to even respond, but you have lost all context here.......both to what I was responding to and what was predicted and discussed in the game day thread. It’s a fact that there are some people here who had pent up negativity they couldn’t release until we had a stinker of a loss (which it certainly WAS). That is not debatable. We had a “Fire” thread at 5-2. If you think that is rational, you are part of the problem. 

I’m on the positive side of middle. Because I think I’m a rational adult, I’d find something else to spend my time on if I got carried away at this point. That must be a miserable life, and I’d need to make changes. It’s a game played by people I’ve never even met. It’s “my team”, but I won’t let them make me crazy. I’ve been at this too long.  

Some people needed that “I told you so!” release but they couldn’t let it out at 5-1. They just couldn’t wait. That is undeniable. To each their own, but to call me a Kool Aid drinker is to expose shallow ignorance. 

This was not a fire thread nor was this part of the game day thread. You came on this thread carrying your baggage with you and assuming this was whatever you are claiming it to be. Again your post was one of the very first posts of the thread. There was no back and forth or I told you so's like you seem to be saying. I started this thread with data around McD's tenure as Bills HC and you chose to reply. Dont backpedal about how your being taken out of context. If that is the case it is because you are bringing discussions on other threads here. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Too long. He'll never read that. But you're WRONG! :lol:

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If you dont want to discuss if McD is doing a good job because 5-2 is enough and you want to stay positive then dont read the thread. Why come on here to say nothing but insult someone? Ignore if you dont want to hear about it. I am interesting in this topic. We have a 5-2 team that has some debatable attributes. We have beat bad teams by a small margin. Our offense has been inconsistent. It is a good debate in my opinion and not as simple as we are 5-2 what else do you expect. 

Some of us enjoy more than just the watching of the game. We enjoy discussing more than just the win or loss or the record of the team. Not for everybody. And if you dont like it then why tell others to just shut up and watch the game? Much easier for you to not read the particular thread. 

I agree with all of this. It's fun to discuss this stuff. But right after a loss I need to give it a rest because there is a difference between discussing the state of the team, and the roster needs, etc., and explaining that we need to dump the coach and get a new QB or all is doomed. That's all. When I wait 24 hours, I reduce a lot of the threads that are irrational.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

This was not a fire thread nor was this part of the game day thread. You came on this thread carrying your baggage with you and assuming this was whatever you are claiming it to be. Again your post was one of the very first posts of the thread. There was no back and forth or I told you so's like you seem to be saying. I started this thread with data around McD's tenure as Bills HC and you chose to reply. Dont backpedal about how your being taken out of context. If that is the case it is because you are bringing discussions on other threads here. 

Remember when I said I wasn’t wasting time on worthless back and forth.....way back in the beginning. It is undeniably the tone of this thread, and the mood of the board after a loss as exhibited by countless threads and posts. 

If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you. We are a work in progress. I like the general progress, you want to defend your whiney thread. Fine. Do YOU want to fire everyone, or look for progress? 

Have a nice night. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ngbills said:

Not an excuse. Been here long enough to have a say in who we have. And other Bills teams or teams around the league have done more with much less talent. 

Really? Who is better than 5-2 with much less talent? I’m pretty sure everyone ranks our roster near the bottom of the league. Coaching is not the major issue. Tell it to the fishes.large.C94EA9E4-D53F-4618-9E02-2F8DDFEF05E7.gif.a9f7ef5b2514ffffd2d5c191077d831c.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Augie said:

i think you hit the nail on the head with this one.  we've all been alive long enough to know a few people that just love to complain, point out the faults of others, tear things down, etc. it's their lives.  we see how certain posters get much more active after a loss. i'm happy with 5-2 for now.  i have no idea where it wil lead this team, but why not have fun with the rest of this season?  let it play out.  enough with the pathetic whining from grown men.  sack up people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SJDK said:

Really? Who is better than 5-2 with much less talent? I’m pretty sure everyone ranks our roster near the bottom of the league. Coaching is not the major issue. Tell it to the fishes.large.C94EA9E4-D53F-4618-9E02-2F8DDFEF05E7.gif.a9f7ef5b2514ffffd2d5c191077d831c.gif

This was about the offense specifically. There are teams with less talent that are more productive than the Bills thus far. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

i think you hit the nail on the head with this one.  we've all been alive long enough to know a few people that just love to complain, point out the faults of others, tear things down, etc. it's their lives.  we see how certain posters get much more active after a loss. i'm happy with 5-2 for now.  i have no idea where it wil lead this team, but why not have fun with the rest of this season?  let it play out.  enough with the pathetic whining from grown men.  sack up people.

So you think the coaches are happy or not? I can guarantee you they are not. Yes, they are 5-2 but that does not mean they are executing and performing as expected.

I have posts from nearly every week this year voicing my thoughts. If our offense was playing well I would not be as critical towards the offense or the coaching staff in general. If we were playing better teams or destroying the bad ones I would be more sold on the quality of this team.

Some want to kick back and be cheerleaders. Root for a win and not think about much else. Others also want to win, but also like to think and analyze the game, the scheme, the players and coaches, etc.. Both are allowed. Dont understand why the cheerleader fan likes to come on threads like this is attack the fans that rather analyze and call it whining. 

15 hours ago, ngbills said:

So you think the coaches are happy or not? I can guarantee you they are not. Yes, they are 5-2 but that does not mean they are executing and performing as expected.

I have posts from nearly every week this year voicing my thoughts. If our offense was playing well I would not be as critical towards the offense or the coaching staff in general. If we were playing better teams or destroying the bad ones I would be more sold on the quality of this team.

Some want to kick back and be cheerleaders. Root for a win and not think about much else. Others also want to win, but also like to think and analyze the game, the scheme, the players and coaches, etc.. Both are allowed. Dont understand why the cheerleader fan likes to come on threads like this is attack the fans that rather analyze and call it whining. 

Somebody doesn’t like varying opinions and points of view. ?  It’s not cheerleading. It’s just a bit more toward the positive than your opinion. Who is attacking anything? I, for one, see the many flaws of this team but have a more positive feeling about them.....and that apparently annoys you. “Why do you come here?” you ask. Because it’s a message board and because you started a thread does NOT mean you are going to get only cheerleaders for your POV. That’s not how it works. (But I have many of the same concerns YOU do.) 

Of course the coaches are not happy.  I never expected an offense with new players at 9 of 11 positions to start hot. ESPECIALLY with a QB with such limited experience. Growing pains are to be expected by rational people. I hope for improvement over the course of the season. I hope to bring in more talent in the offseason. We absolutely need to get better, but for now it is what it is. Show me progress and I’m good with it. No progress? We’ll judge somewhere down the road when it’s more appropriate timing. 

I think the biggest problem here may be that your expectations for this year were higher than mine and those of many others. I’m good with this team at 5-2.  We’ve played some weak teams and were fortunate to win some of those games. There is something to be said for a young core of players needing to “learn to win”.  I try to find the positive, and I think that’s a good start. 

I offer no guarantees for the rest of the season, but I hope to enjoy it, and I will NOT let it make me miserable. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Believe it or not, we more or less want the same things. I just like to be able to look at some of the positives as this team grows along with the negatives. At 5-2 there’s positives to look at. There may be far fewer in a few weeks, but I’d rather let it play out than be upset and aggressive about it. 

I guess what I’m getting at is that I try not to be a whiny B word on the internet. I should have just said that. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/29/2019 at 4:19 PM, Mango said:

Just looking at next years schedule, assuming the team (offense in particular) is about the same as they are this year, I don't see them winning more than 9 games. Not including the divisional games, and if the season ended today, it is Texans, Steelers, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals.

Staying the course on 3000 yards passing, 1:1 TD/INT ratio, and hovering around .500 in year 4, won't keep you around very long either. 

I wouldn't assume that. They have a lot of cap room to continue to bring in pieces (WR, OT) and will have to replace Lorenzo Alexander and Lawson for sure, and probably Gore as well so there will be significant changes. Hopefully they will be improvements but it won't be the same roster.

• Like (+1) 1