Taco War in WNY becomes political

Beast

It's downright disgusting that they offered an apology in the first place. Never heard of Lloyd Taco, but they can get bent. ....maybe all the dopes that took to social media to complain can open their doors and let a few illegal immigrants stay at their homes free of charge. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The “quality” of reporting there tells you plenty. What garbage! I’d be embarrassed if my 8th grade child wrote that. So, the people who work there are not allowed to eat? IF you have a problem, don’t go after the plumber who keeps the toilets from backing up, or the roofer who keeps the water out, or the gas stations nearby who allow employees to get home. 

I love a good taco! 

22 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's downright disgusting that they offered an apology in the first place. Never heard of Lloyd Taco, but they can get bent. 

I suggest relaxing. They are just trying to fend off the crazies. Don’t crush them from BOTH sides would be my suggestion. It’s just a little food truck trying to survive. I’d support them, they were not political, just trying to make a living. Live and let live. 

Edited by Augie

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I suggest relaxing. They are just trying to fend of the crazies. Don’t crush them from BOTH sides would be my suggestion. It’s just a little food truck trying to survive. I’d support them, they were not political, just trying to make a living. Live and let live. 

Sorry Augie, I'm all for live & let live, but when said company feels they need to apologize for doing their job because a few people on social media get offended, then I have problem with that. 

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Sorry Augie, I'm all for live & let live, but when said company feels they need to apologize for doing their job because a few people on social media get offended, then I have problem with that. 

My point is it sounds like they are just trying to survive, and I don’t think it’s fair to beat them up from both sides. If this was your next door neighbor and your kids were friends, would you want them crushed because they were just trying to sell some tacos to pay the mortgage? It’s NOT a what side of the political line do you believe in, it’s a family trying to make ends meet. I’m on the side of the family here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anybody been to these places?  Are they authentic taquerias?

If not, then they both suck.

Save your $$$$$.

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

My point is it sounds like they are just trying to survive, and I don’t think it’s fair to beat them up from both sides. If this was your next door neighbor and your kids were friends, would you want them crushed because they were just trying to sell some tacos to pay the mortgage? It’s NOT a what side of the political line do you believe in, it’s a family trying to make ends meet. I’m on the side of the family here. 

Probably both be out of business in 5 years.

***** Lloyd - there is no way I would ever buy a thing from them..............They may also be the stupidest people going.  How many outrageoholics complained about their food trucking stopping at the Homeland Security office?  My guess is 20-30?   Now this has been the biggest news around here in the past 5 days, with every person with human decency saying they will no longer buy a thing from them.  

20 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This is the most ludicrous "contraversy" ever.  Anyone who cares about this (on both sides) needs to step back and re-calibrate their outlook on what happens in the outside world and how it affects them.  

Its the new normal for the we hate cops and ice and paying for college crowd.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This is the most ludicrous "contraversy" ever.  Anyone who cares about this (on both sides) needs to step back and re-calibrate their outlook on what happens in the outside world and how it affects them.  

For me it's not so much the taco battle per se, it's the fact that because a few people complain on social media, companies and individuals  are automatically conditioned to start apologizing and backtracking for something that isn't even remotely wrong. This will probably end up in PPP anyway. I posted a link to a story over there where a law firm immediately removed their offensive jacko o lanterns, because some folks found the to be distasteful because the were black instead of orange. Bed bath and beyond got wind of the story and immediately pulled them off the shelves. 

• Like (+1) 1

The outrage is on all sides though and just creates a meaningless and pointless din.  All around a couple of guys who just want to sell tacos and grow their business.  

Then, within a week or two everyone will forget about it and move to the next thing.

12 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

An advertisement disguised as an apology?  I don't know a thing about these guys, but I'd play both sides too if it sold more of my product.

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

If this was just about tacos, you'd be right.  It's about the whole context. 

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The outrage is on all sides though and just creates a meaningless and pointless din.  All around a couple of guys who just want to sell tacos and grow their business.  

Then, within a week or two everyone will forget about it and move to the next thing.

If they had never put out the statement, those dumb asses would have seen the whole thing blow over in one day.  I don't think hardly anybody knew about the outrage nutjobs complaining about them stopping at the facility.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's downright disgusting that they offered an apology in the first place. Never heard of Lloyd Taco, but they can get bent. ....maybe all the dopes that took to social media to complain can open their doors and let a few illegal immigrants stay at their homes free of charge. 

I am outraged at your outrage at their outrage for tacos being sold to a group that we're all supposed to be outraged against for outrageous reasons.

Crap, I lost track of who I am supposed to buy street tacos from now.

11 hours ago, bbb said:

***** Lloyd - there is no way I would ever buy a thing from them..............They may also be the stupidest people going.  How many outrageoholics complained about their food trucking stopping at the Homeland Security office?  My guess is 20-30?   Now this has been the biggest news around here in the past 5 days, with every person with human decency saying they will no longer buy a thing from them.  

Any guesses as to how many of the folks outraged that tacos were sold to federal employees were actually customers of Lloyds?

These are decent local business owners who got in a little over their heads in a situation and made a stupid mistake.  They aren't trying to discriminate against law enforcement as a whole or anything.  

This is a great, upstart, local company who employs (100?)-plus people.  One fairly harmless mis-step that is really easy to not take offense to, and a very vocal minority of people in WNY want to pull the business beneath their ears.  The comments in the facebook threads on WBEN and WIVB and such are cringe-worthy with people who "cant wait to see them in the unemployment line".  

One side likes to call the other "snowflakes", but man.  Everyone needs some thicker skin on some of this stuff.  Anyone complaining they were serving ICE needs to chill out too.  Such a ridiculous complaint.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 4