Name something you do that’s not right and justify it.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Augie, If you can't tell the difference between a stine and a stein you may have a problem.

No, I think he did the right thing. After it’s been filled with urine a certain number of times, it really NEEDS a new name! Personally I’d trade “beer stein” for “urine Stein”, but who am I to judge? 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, I think he did the right thing. After it’s been filled with urine a certain number of times, it really NEEDS a new name! Personally I’d trade “beer stein” for “urine Stein”, but who am I to judge? 

Easy to tell the difference in print but phonetically there is an issue with stine/stein.?

Edited by Uncle Joe

People do things behind the wheel of a car that they wouldn't do normally. Mainly being more aggressive. 

If you're blocking in someone who wants to drive faster, you're just as bad and you're only adding to the danger of the situation.

You also have to consider their intentions. You have no idea why they're driving fast. It's not all about you.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I do “steal or pirate” UFC and Boxing PPV.

The really big ones that I’m pumped about, I’ll buy.

But if it’s a card with not a lot of good matches or the main event is just okay...I’ll go on Reddit.

PPV is up to $65.00-$75.00 and to me...too much for me to pay every time.  Boxing especially doesn’t do a good enough job of promoting fighters.  Hard for me to pay that much with only the main event I’m interested in...so I steal boxing more.

I absolutely do this. 

Just games that are aired on TV.

Local people can watch it for free, but I can't?

That's just not right to me.

18 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

There are a lot of young women in my neighborhood.....my wife and I aren't.

......not going any further.

You're wife's doing it to.

It's justified!

We need to stop lying to ourselves.

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

People do things behind the wheel of a car that they wouldn't do normally. Mainly being more aggressive. 

If you're blocking in someone who wants to drive faster, you're just as bad and you're only adding to the danger of the situation.

You also have to consider their intentions. You have no idea why they're driving fast. It's not all about you.

If someone just wants to drive faster, I usually get out of their way.  

It's not just faster, it's the ones that will cut people off and weave in and out of traffic just to do it.  I saw a situation not too long ago in a school zone where I guy was just fed up with driving behind people doing 25 mph....that's the speed limit when the lights are flashing.  He went around people doing probably close to 55-60. 

Like the guy that came after me at the light.  He was just being a dick.  He had giant wheels for his red pick up and would just ride on peoples asses.

When I changed lanes, he was a decent amount behind me.  As soon as I put my blinker on to move over, he floored it and got on me fast and wouldn't back away.

It was about a 22-25 year old redneck kid who was just trying to prove something.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If someone just wants to drive faster, I usually get out of their way.  

It's not just faster, it's the ones that will cut people off and weave in and out of traffic just to do it.  I saw a situation not too long ago in a school zone where I guy was just fed up with driving behind people doing 25 mph....that's the speed limit when the lights are flashing.  He went around people doing probably close to 55-60. 

Like the guy that came after me at the light.  He was just being a dick.  He had giant wheels for his red pick up and would just ride on peoples asses.

When I changed lanes, he was a decent amount behind me.  As soon as I put my blinker on to move over, he floored it and got on me fast and wouldn't back away.

It was about a 22-25 year old redneck kid who was just trying to prove something.

He doesn't need to dictate your speed, but intentionally blocking him off after that just increases the danger for everyone on the road.

What is it you have to prove?

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

He doesn't need to dictate your speed, but intentionally blocking him off after that just increases the danger for everyone on the road.

What is it you have to prove?

I think an argument that can be made that the danger increases when he has no restrictions.  When he's cutting people off, he's literally within a foot of clipping them.  People are having to brake quickly.  I got into an accident about 10 years ago because of it. 

A guy cut off a guy in front of me, the person ahead of me slams on their brakes...I slam mine.   The person behind me rear ends me pretty damn hard.

They got a ticket for riding too close but they really weren't....it was a sudden stop at 65 mph.  I felt bad for the person behind me since they had to claim fault of the accident when the whole thing was caused by one person being wreckless.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think an argument that can be made that the danger increases when he has no restrictions.  When he's cutting people off, he's literally within a foot of clipping them.  People are having to brake quickly.  I got into an accident about 10 years ago because of it. 

A guy cut off a guy in front of me, the person ahead of me slams on their brakes...I slam mine.   The person behind me rear ends me pretty damn hard.

They got a ticket for riding too close but they really weren't....it was a sudden stop at 65 mph.  I felt bad for the person behind me since they had to claim fault of the accident when the whole thing was caused by one person being wreckless.

Nonsense. If you enclose the space around a number of moving particles, the chances of them colliding are higher. When you block someone in, you're enclosing that space.

If everyone simply gives the correct amount of space, the one weaving through traffic will not be a problem.

The bigger problem with drivers is lack of awareness and anticipation, which is what really led to your accident.

Regarding that last point (not totally in line with what we're discussing), I've spent time driving in rural South Korea where there are basically no rules to the road. However, there wasn't any fuss, like I see here in America. The people in Korea just seemed more aware of everything and let it happen. There's a natural flow to traffic that people tend to fight against for various reasons. 

It's the same as walking down a busy New York sidewalk. You don't normally see people blocking each other in there.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nonsense. If you enclose the space around a number of moving particles, the chances of them colliding are higher. When you block someone in, you're enclosing that space.

If everyone simply gives the correct amount of space, the one weaving through traffic will not be a problem.

The bigger problem with drivers is lack of awareness and anticipation, which is what really led to your accident.

Regarding that last point (not totally in line with what we're discussing), I've spent time driving in rural South Korea where there are basically no rules to the road. However, there wasn't any fuss, like I see here in America. The people in Korea just seemed more aware of everything and let it happen. There's a natural flow to traffic that people tend to fight against for various reasons. 

It's the same as walking down a busy New York sidewalk. You don't normally see people blocking each other in there.

You're also reducing the speed in which they can make less wreckless and aggressive moves.  This is why there is an extra fine for wreckless drivers.  

But we're not birds or ducks in the air flying.  They are programmed to keep a certain space and move in unison...we aren't.

Equal amount of space isn't going to stop a wreckless driver, he sees any space at all, he's going to take it so eliminate that space. 

100% of the time I've done it, it caused the guy to make less moves.  It might piss them off but they aren't going to bumper car another guy off the road but they'll take that aggressive chance if they see even the smallest opening.  My friend does it and he's a cop.

We aren't living or driving in rural Korea.  I've lived in Korea, my mom is from there...I've lived in Koreatown in LA where it literally is like Seoul.

City traffic is different.  I can tell you that the Koreans driving in the city aren't more aware than the local drivers.  The most irritating thing is they aren't aware.  There is always incidents...always.  My mom learned how to drive in Korea and in the last 10 years, she has totaled 2 cars (my Ford Ranger and her 4Runner) and was involved in 3 other accidents.  

Wanna know the reason?  She doesn't believe you need side mirrors...she only use the rear view.  I will not let her drive with my son in the car and she knows it.  This is my culture, I know how bad they are at being aware on the road.

My ex is from the border of Georgia and Tennessee.  Driving is much different up there too....just because it's rural.  

Again, I'm not just talking about fast drivers.  I'm talking about wreckless fast drivers.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

a friend was 10 feet back of the car ahead at a red light, he was always cautious like that

a truck hit him from behind and rammed him right into the car ahead, for which he was at fault on the claim

good thing he gave that much distance as a habit

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're also reducing the speed in which they can make less wreckless and aggressive moves.  This is why there is an extra fine for wreckless drivers.  

But we're not birds or ducks in the air flying.  They are programmed to keep a certain space and move in unison...we aren't.

Equal amount of space isn't going to stop a wreckless driver, he sees any space at all, he's going to take it so eliminate that space. 

100% of the time I've done it, it caused the guy to make less moves.  It might piss them off but they aren't going to bumper car another guy off the road but they'll take that aggressive chance if they see even the smallest opening.  My friend does it and he's a cop.

We aren't living or driving in rural Korea.  I've lived in Korea, my mom is from there...I've lived in Koreatown in LA where it literally is like Seoul.

City traffic is different.  I can tell you that the Koreans driving in the city aren't more aware than the local drivers.  The most irritating thing is they aren't aware.  There is always incidents...always.  My mom learned how to drive in Korea and in the last 10 years, she has totaled 2 cars (my Ford Ranger and her 4Runner) and was involved in 3 other accidents.  

Wanna know the reason?  She doesn't believe you need side mirrors...she only use the rear view.  I will not let her drive with my son in the car and she knows it.  This is my culture, I know how bad they are at being aware on the road.

My ex is from the border of Georgia and Tennessee.  Driving is much different up there too....just because it's rural.  

Again, I'm not just talking about fast drivers.  I'm talking about wreckless fast drivers.

This is why I'm all for automated cars on the same network. 

But your comment about that strengthens my point. If drivers were able to be fully aware and anticipate, the faster/more wreckless driver wouldn't be a problem.

It's great that it has worked out for you, but there will be a time when it doesn't. You're doing the opposite of what those birds are so good at. What an automated network of cars will be so good at.

The city driving in Korea was more like America. More rules that people were trying to adhere to and more unaware drivers, that is true. And I'm only talking about a little over 10 years ago.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

This is why I'm all for automated cars on the same network. 

But your comment about that strengthens my point. If drivers were able to be fully aware and anticipate, the faster/more wreckless driver wouldn't be a problem.

It's great that it has worked out for you, but there will be a time when it doesn't. You're doing the opposite of what those birds are so good at. What an automated network of cars will be so good at.

Just remember...this thread is about wrong things you do but then justify it.  I'm not saying I'm right but I kinda can argue that I am at least a little?

I asked a friend of mine who is an automotive engineer and I asked him about automated cars.  He said we're a long way away from making them the norm because of security.  If hackers get in your computer...then can just drive you off the road.  There are sick people who would do that too...like the guys in the 90's in the NYC subways that were pricking people with HIV infected needles.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just remember...this thread is about wrong things you do but then justify it.  I'm not saying I'm right but I kinda can argue that I am at least a little?

I asked a friend of mine who is an automotive engineer and I asked him about automated cars.  He said we're a long way away from making them the norm because of security.  If hackers get in your computer...then can just drive you off the road.  There are sick people who would do that too...like the guys in the 90's in the NYC subways that were pricking people with HIV infected needles.  

and the prediction that your car will come with a point score on how valuable you are to society

so if you have the lower score your auto car will kill you first in a dilemma

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

and the prediction that your car will come with a point score on how valuable you are to society

so if you have the lower score your auto car will kill you first in a dilemma

If you're driving an automobile, you're paying insurance, gas, maintenance and other expenses...you're valuable.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just remember...this thread is about wrong things you do but then justify it.  

I guess this is where I tell you that I'm the guy you're blocking in. ?

I'm not a redneck in a big truck, but I drive fast. I always use my blinker.

I'm Mr. Smith in Shoot 'em Up, right on down to the carrots and leather jacket.

We are a long way. On top of that, it's gonna be hard for everyone to be on the same network, communicating with each other, which I think is mandatory if we want the real deal.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you're driving an automobile, you're paying insurance, gas, maintenance and other expenses...you're valuable.  

it who decides how valuable that matters

we are a few years away from a freely available "social usefulness" point-score on every person in North America that is traced on the internet

get ready....

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I guess this is where I tell you that I'm the guy you're blocking in. ?

I'm not a redneck in a big truck, but I drive fast. I always use my blinker.

I'm Mr. Smith in Shoot 'em Up, right on down to the carrots and leather jacket.

We are a long way. On top of that, it's gonna be hard for everyone to be on the same network, communicating with each other, which I think is mandatory if we want the real deal.

I drive fast too but I don't ride other cars asses.  I use turn signals and just wait until there's a safe opening.

If you're driving really fast but being considerate, there isn't any issue.  I'm not going to take up the left lane...I'll get over.  But if you try to strong arm me over, then I my vigilante gene kicks in.  

I think you know the type of guys I'm talking about.  They are doing this to just to start things.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it who decides how valuable that matters

we are a few years away from a freely available "social usefulness" point-score on every person in North America that is traced on the internet

get ready....

People have been afraid of that for a long time. Before there was even an internet.

I'm guilty of thinking that homeless people and criminals should be shipped to Australia.

But aren't we all?

I'd tell you... But then I'd have to kill you.  And that ain't right... But, I'd have justification.

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...posting my useless drivel here....and there is NO justification for it...SMH..............

Hey... You have to dribble... Oops, I mean drivel, DRIVEL somewhere!? ...Look who's talking (me)...LoL

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:31 PM, teef said:

i buy certain things with my business card and write it off.  nothing huge, but it's worth finding things to sneak in here and there.

My cousin's dad always used to stop and get Whataburger for the whole family on the way home from the airport. Technically his business trip didn't end until he got home, so it counted as a business expense.

I buy nothing but knockoff jersey's. While the quality of the authentic jerseys are supireor, the differences aren't worth the price difference. Plus I wanted a red Ed Oliver jersey, and the legit color rush jerseys only came in Allen and McCoy. 

On 10/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, Gary M said:

I have an NRA Sticker for that!!!

Remember back whe nthey were pro gun?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe