2019 Playoffs. 1st round

8 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Was messing around with the ESPN playoff  machine and can see how we miss being 10-6 with the raiders and Steelers being 10-6 as well 

As was I and It looks as if the only team that might be able to rest starters in week 17 is the Saints. (as long as my picks / guesses are correct) 

NFC SF vs Seattle , Tenny vs Houston, Steelers vs Ravens Chargers vs KC.

This weeks KEY GAMES to that really could throw the AFC on its collective heads ...   Buffalo over Baltimore and KC over New England!!!!  The ramifications in the final 3 weeks are HUGE.    I really believe the Bills can defeat the struggling Pats**** 

9 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

Raiders have a favorable schedule, but they aren’t winning out. 

The Raiders just got smoked two weeks in a row including one by the hapless Jets. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans win at Oakland this Sunday. Oakland isn't good enough to win out and I don't care who they are playing.

47 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Raiders just got smoked two weeks in a row including one by the hapless Jets. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans win at Oakland this Sunday. Oakland isn't good enough to win out and I don't care who they are playing.

Favorable or not, them winning out won't be easy. Hell it could be that they lose 3 of the next 4. 

Titans - Not easy  - I expect a L there 

Jaguars  - Not easy  - More Minshew Magic? 

@ Chargers  - Not easy - I expect a L there 

@ Broncos  - Not easy  - I expect a L there 

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Favorable or not, them winning out won't be easy. Hell it could be that they lose 3 of the next 4. 

Titans - Not easy  - I expect a L there 

Jaguars  - Not easy  - More Minshew Magic? 

@ Chargers  - Not easy - I expect a L there 

@ Broncos  - Not easy  - I expect a L there 

Who is left that the Bills have to worry about. For argument's sake lets say Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans win their divisions which most likely happens anyway. Bills at #5 and Steelers #6. You have the Titans at 7-5 but the Bills own the tiebreaker and the Colts at 6-6. Are these the only two teams left who are still in the hunt for a WC spot. I know the Raiders are 6-6 but the good thing is the Titans and Raiders play this week so someone loses. The only concern is do the Bills finish #5 or #6 depending on that Steelers game. The Titans still have 2 games left with the Texans which won't be easy. The Colts still have to play at NO which is most likely a loss. Bottom line the Bills are in a great spot here.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Who is left that the Bills have to worry about. For argument's sake lets say Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans win their divisions which most likely happens anyway. Bills at #5 and Steelers #6. You have the Titans at 7-5 but the Bills own the tiebreaker and the Colts at 6-6. Are these the only two teams left who are still in the hunt for a WC spot. I know the Raiders are 6-6 but the good thing is the Titans and Raiders play this week so someone loses. The only concern is do the Bills finish #5 or #6 depending on that Steelers game. The Titans still have 2 games left with the Texans which won't be easy. The Colts still have to play at NO which is most likely a loss. Bottom line the Bills are in a great spot here.

IMOH I see 2 worrisome games  .. Ravens and Pats** (just because).  There is absolutely no reason that they should lose to the Steelers or JETS 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/six-more-teams-clinch-playoff-175532872.html

The Bills can clinch a playoff berth with a win and losses or ties by the Raiders, Texans, and Colts.

The Chiefs can clinch the AFC West with a win over the Patriots and a Raiders loss, while the Patriots can clinch a playoff berth with a win, or other more complicated arrangements involving ties and losses by others.

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IMOH I see 2 worrisome games  .. Ravens and Pats** (just because).  There is absolutely no reason that they should lose to the Steelers or JETS 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/six-more-teams-clinch-playoff-175532872.html

The Bills can clinch a playoff berth with a win and losses or ties by the Raiders, Texans, and Colts.

The Chiefs can clinch the AFC West with a win over the Patriots and a Raiders loss, while the Patriots can clinch a playoff berth with a win, or other more complicated arrangements involving ties and losses by others.

Pitt at home won't be easy. Tomlin is doing a great job this season especially with their QB situation. Still Pitt has a very good D so I expect a close game. It's definitely winnable but it won't be easy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

This weeks KEY GAMES to that really could throw the AFC on its collective heads ...   Buffalo over Baltimore and KC over New England!!!!  The ramifications in the final 3 weeks are HUGE.    I really believe the Bills can defeat the struggling Pats**** 

I'd love to see that!! Instead of a "Oh, the Patriots are #1 again" the final few weeks would be a cage-match for #1.  That would be fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Pitt at home won't be easy. Tomlin is doing a great job this season especially with their QB situation. Still Pitt has a very good D so I expect a close game. It's definitely winnable but it won't be easy.

No game in the NFL is ever easy.  (Even when its apparent it was)

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd love to see that!! Instead of a "Oh, the Patriots are #1 again" the final few weeks would be a cage-match for #1.  That would be fantastic.

You, me and every one else that is  NOT a Pats*** fan 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

So, do we want the titans or raiders this weekend? I’m thinking, without running scenarios, we want the titans. We have the tie breaker and they have a tough last three games. 

Probably so but none of us know the future.  The good thing is they are playing each other so someone will likely lose!

I've said it before. It's really simple. The Bills need only win ONE of their remaining four games to have a >99% chance at playoffs. This according to FiveThirtyEight and the New York Times playoff machine.

Just one game. Any one of the remaining four. Doesn't even matter which one. Just win one and they're a virtual lock.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

I've said it before. It's really simple. The Bills need only win ONE of their remaining four games to have a >99% chance at playoffs. This according to FiveThirtyEight and the New York Times playoff machine.

Just one game. Any one of the remaining four. Doesn't even matter which one. Just win one and they're a virtual lock.

while I agree with you 

I've read a number of articles that says a WIN  and help clinches 

57 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

while I agree with you 

I've read a number of articles that says a WIN  and help clinches 

Totally true. You're right. Personally, I just don't see the clinch likely this week. Not only would the Bills have to beat the Ravens, but the three or four other outcomes that would have to happen just seem unlikely to me. I don't expect this week to be the week the Bills clinch.

For all intents and purposes, the Bills just need to win one more game to assure playoffs. It may not technically, officially clinch for them, but it pushes the playoff odds above 99%, which is good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 3