Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Obviously, but the general reference was to the board as a whole. 

The threads re-litigating the 2017 draft invariably get shut down sooner or later by the mods anyways. Animosity towards the best QB in the game simply because there’s a cadre of people here that still like to flagellate themselves over it is not a valid reason to root against Mahomes, though, ESPECIALLY when a favorable outcome for him is a favorable outcome for us as well.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The threads re-litigating the 2017 draft invariably get shut down sooner or later by the mods anyways. Animosity towards the best QB in the game simply because there’s a cadre of people here that still like to flagellate themselves over it is not a valid reason to root against Mahomes, though, ESPECIALLY when a favorable outcome for him is also a favorable outcome for us as well.

Especially when he's facing the other QB we passed on. Like I said earlier, not sure why I found myself rooting against Mahomes against logic.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

The threads re-litigating the 2017 draft invariably get shut down sooner or later by the mods anyways. Animosity towards the best QB in the game simply because there’s a cadre of people here that still like to flagellate themselves over it is not a valid reason to root against Mahomes, though, ESPECIALLY when a favorable outcome for him is a favorable outcome for us as well.

Oh, I’m rooting for the Chiefs and Mahomes. It’s the best outcome for the Bills. I’ve rooted for him often, especially vs New England. He’s about the only hope for a NE free Super Bowl these days so I’m all aboard. Fans need to move on from that draft 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I can't help but feel that that "he plays with trash" thing is just an excuse that pro-Rosen people make to ignore the fact that two teams who invested heavily in him have already written his pro-career off. 

I hear you but sometimes players are partially a victim of circumstances aswell.

Coaches can be coaching for their jobs and have less patience with a QB to allow them to grow and develop. A few games and they are out. 

Blake bortles however got loads of games 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The officials haven't got a clue. I called that immediately. Idiots. 

Mahomes threw that early because pressure was in his face. He is trying to protect that ankle. Poor throw. 

He needs a bye week for sure. That ankle is becoming a problem. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The officials haven't got a clue. I called that immediately. Idiots. 

Mahomes threw that early because pressure was in his face. He is trying to protect that ankle. Poor throw. 

Dude throws into double coverage a lot. Difference? His WR make plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Oh, I’m rooting for the Chiefs and Mahomes. It’s the best outcome for the Bills. I’ve rooted for him often, especially vs New England. He’s about the only hope for a NE free Super Bowl these days so I’m all aboard. Fans need to move on from that draft 

As am I cheers. And the Mahomes threads will stop, or the mods will keep killing them anyways. So it’s all good. And hey! Mahomes threw a pick so there’s that for the haters out there.

I feel bad for Rosen, but Allen and Darnold were on pretty talent devoid offenses last year as well.  

There’s varying degrees.  A guy like Mahomes has all the weapons in the world and a decent OL.  A guy like Watson has weapons but a trash OL.  Allen has solid weapons with a decent OL around him now.  Darnold is out there with some weapons and no OL.  

Not every chance is created equal but you’ve got to show something... 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1