TNF 8:20pm : Eagles (1-2) @ Packers (3-0)

whatdrought

Just now, DC Tom said:

Even though I quoted WEO, I meant the both of you.  You're awfully invested in being right about whether or not a guy you will never, ever meet is an ####### or not.

More invested than the players seem to be in this game, in fact.

Nah, its more about the argument now. I don't know the guy at all so I don't really care. I thought he had a pretty good reputation and I think WEO's evidence for calling him a d-bag is weak, at best. That being said, I don't care if WEO considers him a D-Bag. This is just how I watch football. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Even though I quoted WEO, I meant the both of you.  You're awfully invested in being right about whether or not a guy you will never, ever meet is an ####### or not.

More invested than the players seem to be in this game, in fact.

Someone has to care.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Nah, its more about the argument now. I don't know the guy at all so I don't really care. I thought he had a pretty good reputation and I think WEO's evidence for calling him a d-bag is weak, at best. That being said, I don't care if WEO considers him a D-Bag. This is just how I watch football. 

For the record, 6 of his teammates reported he was a D-bag.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Someone has to care.

It's a hard life, but we live it so others can be apathetic. Not saying we're heroes, but yeah... We're heroes. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

For the record, 6 of his teammates reported he was a D-bag.

Which 6? 

I can name the ones that said he wasn't. 

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

It's a hard life, but we live it so others can be apathetic. Not saying we're heroes, but yeah... We're heroes. 

Which 6? 

I can name the ones that said he wasn't. 

You would have to ask the reporter when quoted them.  Unless the reporter had a vendetta too, and made it all up.  Who knows how far this goes right?

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

You would have to ask the reporter when quoted them.  Unless the reporter had a vendetta too, and made it all up.  Who knows how far this goes right?

Well that's kind of the problem. 

I'm working on an article based on anonymous sources (and @DC Tom who said he'd like to be quoted personally) that says your inability to type tonight is more about the scotch and soda and less about the keyboard. In fact, 5 posters have actually said that there is no new keyboard. 

Now, if you get 12 posters to say that's ridiculous, that you're sober, and that you do have a new keyboard, which is more reliable? That's the basis of my argument. You're making your judgement of him based on comments from unknown sources, I'm making mine based on comments made by known sources. We can disagree but that's really what it comes down to. :P

Just now, whatdrought said:

Well that's kind of the problem. 

I'm working on an article based on anonymous sources (and @DC Tom who said he'd like to be quoted personally) that says your inability to type tonight is more about the scotch and soda and less about the keyboard. In fact, 5 posters have actually said that there is no new keyboard. 

Now, if you get 12 posters to say that's ridiculous, that you're sober, and that you do have a new keyboard, which is more reliable? That's the basis of my argument. You're making your judgement of him based on comments from unknown sources, I'm making mine based on comments made by known sources. We can disagree but that's really what it comes down to. :P

Well....they aren't "unknown" to the guy who wrote the article, obviously.  That they are unknown to you and I has not impact on the truth of whether they said those things.  There is no reason that you have given that would point to them never having been said.  Unless you are now saying the writer made it all up, then you have to acknowledge team mates made these comments ton him.

Sheesh, next you are going to dispute that Rodgers is a D-bag??  lol

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Well....they aren't "unknown" to the guy who wrote the article, obviously.  That they are unknown to you and I has not impact on the truth of whether they said those things.  There is no reason that you have given that would point to them never having been said.  Unless you are now saying the writer made it all up, then you have to acknowledge team mates made these comments ton him.

Sheesh, next you are going to dispute that Rodgers is a D-bag??  lol

I'm not saying they weren't said. I'm saying even if they were said (and it is possible the reporter made them up, that does happen) they can still be wrong. The preponderance of evidence is that they are likely wrong. 

Nope. That one you get fair and square. Lol