Vonte Davis story on ESPN...Full scoop on his halftime retirement decision

StHustle

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Obvious assumption so I get it but it doesn't read like that at all, especially since she's a lawyer. Sounds like she's talking just to talk.

Well, she's talking about W-L records. It doesn't matter what you're personal interpretation is. Sounds like you're gonna be upset, either way.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, she's talking about W-L records. It doesn't matter what you're personal interpretation is. Sounds like you're gonna be upset, either way.

So we'll conveniently ignore that they were coming off a winning season then? Sounds like you have a pro-Vontae Davis agenda for some reason, which is just weird. This is like your fifth retort in this thread. "Buffalo bad, random player girlfriend good". Go get some sun.

Her quote is word salad, it doesn't matter what your personal interpretation is. Furthermore how can you justify hating on a city/organization because of win/loss records?

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

So we'll conveniently ignore that they're coming off a winning season then? Sounds like you have a pro-Vontae Davis agenda for some reason, which is just weird. Go get some sun.

Her quote is word salad, it doesn't matter what your personal interpretation is. Furthermore how can you justify hating on a city/organization because of win/loss records?

You're upset, we get it. No one ignored anything. Read the rest of the thread, if you're interested in actually having a conversation.

You're kind of a day late and a dollar short, though

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

You're upset, we get it. No one ignored anything. Read the rest of the thread, if you're interested in actually having a conversation.

You're kind of a day late and a dollar short, though

And you're boring. Whatever, I'm not going to continue arguing about Megan Davis, so take your microwin if it means that much, but to me, her quote sounds 100% like uninformed lady trying to sound smart. I mean she even referred to herself as "being in the league". 

And you're boring. Whatever, I'm not going to continue arguing about Megan Davis, so take your microwin if it means that much, but to me, her quote sounds 100% like uninformed lady trying to sound smart. I mean she even referred to herself as "being in the league". 

You see, I didn't even remember her name. That's how much I don't care.

You remember her name and somehow know she's a lawyer....

You're caring so hard right now. I'll let you have my microwin because I think I have the macrowin.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

You see, I didn't even remember her name. That's how much I don't care.

You remember her name and somehow know she's a lawyer....

You're caring so hard right now. I'll let you have my microwin because I think I have the macrowin.

LOL dude it's a google search away and most of the information is right on the first page. You've stated "read the thread" yourself multiple times. This is nonsense, have a good one.

LOL dude it's a google search away and most of the information is right on the first page. You've stated "read the thread" yourself multiple times. This is nonsense, have a good one.

So, you Googled her because you were so angry that she said Buffalo didn't have the best reputation.

See, that's weird. Not just the act of Googling someone, but the intent behind it. You probably searched for her social media accounts too.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

So, you Googled her because you were so angry that she said Buffalo didn't have the best reputation.

See, that's weird. Not just the act of Googling someone, but the intent behind it. You probably searched for her social media accounts too.

The article, dummy, not her personally. This story is everywhere. This guy is hilarious. Alright, cue the last word, I'm done flooding this thread with boring arguments.

Edited by Nelius

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

The article, dummy, not her personally. This story is everywhere. This guy is hilarious. Alright, cue the last word, I'm done flooding this thread with boring arguments.

The article doesn't say shet a lawyer. You gotta just let it go, man. What she said is not that bad. It's better to focus on the good stuff. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, StHustle said:

An interesting article on exactly how it went down and what led up to that day...

https://es.pn/303G7A5

Thanks for the post! 

I have really come to dislike these sorts of articles.  Emotionally overwrought, a deep dive into the psyche of the man, and some weird iteration of the courage it took to walk away while other players question his heart. 

He played competitive football at a high level for a long time.  He surely knew the impact of the quit mid-game, left his coaching staff wondering if he was taking a breather or hurt, surely in the moment they wouldn't think he was quitting. 

I'd have no issue with the guy quitting in camp, quitting mid week, quitting at the end of the tough game. At least, no more "you couldn't have done it before or during training camp to allow the team to adjust?". 

My favorite part is the writer's assertion that the Bills "demanded" money back on the contract he didnt fulfill and how he didn't even care to fight it. How magnanimous of him. 

Screw him and his Yoko Ono future ex-wife. (Just kidding on that part, he moved on, it's his reputation and if he's cool with quititng at halftime who really cares? Thank goodness the feeling didn't come over him mid-special teams play) . 

On 9/18/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bray Wyatt said:

This article in fact makes me like him less. He was drinking tequila and laughing at his house while the team he just left was still playing and fighting? At the end he still laughs at the Bills, ***** him

Don Julio 1942 with orange juice. That’s all I needed to know.

?

• Like (+1) 1