Vonte Davis story on ESPN...Full scoop on his halftime retirement decision

StHustle

WOW what a turn around ! Some of what he sad as far as the Torodol i can see why he wouldn't want to live on that stuff ! 

It amazes me how the NFL can out law so many other substances but keep a pain killer that is so addicting talk about a double standard & maybe that was a big reason he did what he did . ?

2 hours ago, Ranger Ranchod said:

In his defense... I know, it's crazy... once the guy knew he was done, why delay it? Why risk the injury? And why not let someone else step into your spot that really wants it, instead of 'going through the motions?' Isn't that actually a better 'team-first' call?

This has nothing to do with fleeing the stadium at halftime, before the rest of the team even knows what's happening. Tell the coach you can't play, but don't flee like a coward.

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I never have even once.  Shown up without sleep for a week yes but never hung over.

Never shown up hungover?? Damn!!!!!Us sales type folks do our best work hungover! Helps us concentrate !

( plus we were prolly drinking with the customer the night before)

On topic, confess i did not read the article, i just dont care now nor did I care then about Vernon Davis. Harsh as it may sound, thought he sucked in the preseason and should not have made the 53...see ya

Edited by plenzmd1

I get it, it's his life and he was done. But you don't walk out on your teammates in the middle of the game, just like you don't just walk out of any job if you care at all about the human beings you work with. There's a right way and a wrong way to quit, and sorry Vontae, you did it the wrong way. 

NFL players can realize that it is time to go without creating the drama that he did.   He quit in the middle of a game, He made a commercial mocking that decision.  That makes him scum to me.  The fact that he is still making this an issue today validates this. 

Edited by dgrochester55

On 9/18/2019 at 8:47 AM, RU5781 said:

WTF is this???

But those closest to him had reservations.

"I absolutely wanted to stay away from Buffalo," Megan says. "The organization just didn't have a great reputation. When you're in the league, you hear things, and records show things."

"When you're in the league"...oh tell me more, lady.

This upset me. Apparently she's intelligent too. Is she just making this up? What reputation, or rumored reputation, and from what era, could she possibly be talking about? 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:03 AM, LeGOATski said:

That's his wife saying that. She's not too keen on the actual happenings in the league. The Bills had one good season just prior to that. I don't blame her at all for her impressions of the Bills. The new regime is still trying to solidify the org's new reputation.

She said "records show" that the Bills had a bad reputation. This is just pure nonsense. What classified super secret reputation records do player wives (girlfriend in this case) have access to? Is she judging Buffalo by walk scores or yelp reviews? None of it makes sense. She's just making things up because she didn't want to go to Buffalo.

Edited by Nelius

16 hours ago, Ranger Ranchod said:

In his defense... I know, it's crazy... once the guy knew he was done, why delay it? Why risk the injury? And why not let someone else step into your spot that really wants it, instead of 'going through the motions?' Isn't that actually a better 'team-first' call?

Finish the damn game. 

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

"When you're in the league"...oh tell me more, lady.

This upset me. Apparently she's intelligent too. Is she just making this up? What reputation, or rumored reputation, and from what era, could she possibly be talking about? 

She said "records show" that the Bills had a bad reputation. This is just pure nonsense. What classified super secret reputation records do player wives (girlfriend in this case) have access to? Is she judging Buffalo by walk scores or yelp reviews? None of it makes sense. She's just making things up because she didn't want to go to Buffalo.

Records as in their W-L records