Vonte Davis story on ESPN...Full scoop on his halftime retirement decision

StHustle

WTF is this???

But those closest to him had reservations.

"I absolutely wanted to stay away from Buffalo," Megan says. "The organization just didn't have a great reputation. When you're in the league, you hear things, and records show things."

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RU5781 said:

WTF is this???

"I absolutely wanted to stay away from Buffalo," Megan says. "The organization just didn't have a great reputation. When you're in the league, you hear things, and records show things."

Well, they didn't prior to Beane/McDermott

• Like (+1) 4

He didn't know cameras were tucked inside the room, capturing his intimate moment that would become a viral sensation.

"There's this perception that there's brotherhood in the NFL and we're all fighting for each other and the same things," Megan says. "And then you embarrass one of your first-round draft picks on national television without him knowing there's a camera in the room?"

So much for the idea that Hard Knocks and all the cameras are a "major distraction". Dude didnt even know they were there.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, they didn't prior to Beane/McDermott

Agreed. Ever since Ralph fired Polian over hurt feelings or whatever that situation was, Buffalo was a rudderless ship. Beane and McDermott, at long last, makes me feel like the Bills have their &^%$ wired tight and are a professional organization again.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, RU5781 said:

WTF is this???

What a crock of Vontae.  The Bills had just come off a playoff season under a new regime. 

• Like (+1) 11

3 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Agreed. Ever since Ralph fired Polian over hurt feelings or whatever that situation was, Buffalo was a rudderless ship. Beane and McDermott, at long last, makes me feel like the Bills have their &^%$ wired tight and are a professional organization again.

Buffalo's FO bad rap started long before that with the treatment of Lou Saban and Chuck Knox. Ralph got lucky with Polian, and managed to ruin that too.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

What a crock of Vontae.  The Bills had just come off a playoff season under a new regime. 

That's his wife saying that. She's not too keen on the actual happenings in the league. The Bills had one good season just prior to that. I don't blame her at all for her impressions of the Bills. The new regime is still trying to solidify the org's new reputation.

I can't believe I'm even posting in this thread.  I don't care one bit about Vontae Davis and regardless of what he says now, he quit on his teammates and coaches that day -- not because "he was tired" but because he saw the Bills were going to be a bad football team and didn't want to put in the effort for another full season.  If you believe anything else you're a fool.

This "full scoop" is full of "full poop."

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

1. That was his wife being quoted.

2. We kinda stumbled into the playoffs, and lost a winnable game to Jacksonville.

3. The culture of the team/organization had only just begun to change using McDermott's 'process'. There were still a lot of less-than-professional players on the team.

• Like (+1) 2