POLL****Outside of Boston..are most Patriots fans bandwagon jumpers?

BrycePaup4ever

POLL  

29 members have voted

1. 1. discuss

• Yes. There are many reasons...Antonio went there, Most prime time games, NFL Network nut hugging them, a quarterback with a model wife, a “winning tradition”, The Patriot Way, love rooting a team that makes them the villain, girls will want them cause they follow Giselle on IG, they secretly think Brady is cute
    • No...I been a fan since 85 when Bears smoked us. This poll is offensive. We gonna smoke you in week 4 punks.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Who the hell cares?

apparently you care enough about what I care about to go out of your way to act like its silly I care...…… catch all that?

bro.... I get it. you don't care. why come in a post when the topic is covering fanhood and tell people its silly to care... you're too cool for that. we get it. rock on.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

apparently you care enough about what I care about to go out of your way to act like its silly I care...…… catch all that?

bro.... I get it. you don't care. why come in a post when the topic is covering fanhood and tell people its silly to care... you're too cool for that. we get it. rock on.

Sounds like someone has a case of the Monday's. Need another coffee?

I think every generation young kids across the country with no local team affiliation gravitate towards the good team that are televised often. That’s why the Raiders, Steelers, Dolphins and Cowboys travel so well. They were the dominant teams when TV was starting to take the games popularity to a new level. 

F k the patriots and their fans, just sayin....

Go Bills!!!

There were not many Patriot fans inside of Boston years ago.  During my college days which included the Bears-Pats SB many Boston area people I knew were meh about the Pats.  As a matter of fact two of my housemates during that SB who were from Boston did not even bother watching the game.  The pecking older has always been Sox-Bruins-Celts-Pats.  The Bruins and Celts really being 2A and 2B as opposed to a clear 3 in fan appreciation.

17 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Would you trade winning for an obnoxious bandwagon fan base? Could happen if Bills get good.

It happened. A lot of Bills fans jere in NE became bills fans during the early 90s. Any team that has had a bit of longevity will pick up fans.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

There were not many Patriot fans inside of Boston years ago.  During my college days which included the Bears-Pats SB many Boston area people I knew were meh about the Pats.  As a matter of fact two of my housemates during that SB who were from Boston did not even bother watching the game.  The pecking older has always been Sox-Bruins-Celts-Pats.  The Bruins and Celts really being 2A and 2B as opposed to a clear 3 in fan appreciation.

This is 100% correct! Anyone old enough to remember prior to Y2K(I am) will tell you there we no Patriot fans in existence. This covers the Boston and NE areas as well. They are the worst fans in the world now, all bandwagon jumpers. My 2 brothers in law who never touched a Football in their lives, now go to games and won't stop beating their chests.

30 minutes ago, teef said:

there are a ton of pats fans in wny.  typically in the late 20s to early 30s.  just picked the team that was easy to cheer for when they were young.  i get how that works, but whenever i hear someone from wny in the demographic tell me they're die hard pats fans, it makes me cringe.

Back during the 1970's we knew these same "root for the hot team" people as Dolphin fans.  Now their Fins gear is in the closet either being ravaged by mold and mildew or gnawed by rodents.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m saying Hell No! The only true Patriot fans are New Englanders over 65 years old. They remember Jim Plunkett, Jim Nance, Gino Capelleti, etc. Virtually every current Pats* fan jumped on board when the Jets busted Bledsoe’s ribs. When Brady & Belicheck FINALLY retire, they’ll all quickly resort back to Giant fans.

Just more reason to hate them. 

There are a few under 65 but not too many.  My mom's cousin moved to New Hampshire after college during the 1960's and became a Pats fan.  He endured many years of suck and probably contributed to his drinking problem.

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Back during the 1970's we knew these same "root for the hot team" people as Dolphin fans.  Now their Fins gear is in the closet either being ravaged by mold and mildew or gnawed by rodents.

i remember that crowd from the 80s and early 90s.  there was a ton of dolphins gear in the area.  they hated the bills too.  never understood that from the locals.