Singletary Update??

thronethinker

55 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

How do we know that he hasn’t had a second opinion? I really don’t think they would put them out there if there was anything less than a minimal chance of re-injury. I hope I’m wrong

We don't know squat about who he has seen. Just commenting that relying on the diagnosis/opinion of any company doctor is a risk some take, but should not, IMO. Get your own doctor to weigh in as well. Maybe two more in certain situations.

49 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The problem all too often all they can do is guess at how it will respond under heavy stress. And when you can go to 3 different doctors snd get 3 different opinions only one can be right...

That's the thing. If all agree, then you have a lot of confidence in what they are saying. If there is disagreement, especially for something like a hamstring, I'd operate on the side of caution.

11 minutes ago, The Dean said:

That's the thing. If all agree, then you have a lot of confidence in what they are saying. If there is disagreement, especially for something like a hamstring, I'd operate on the side of caution.

Operate???!?!?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

The only way to know if he can play, if he says it feels fine, is to play him.  But hamstrings, unless fully healed (you don't really know if they are), can and do go out in an instant.  I should know after multiple experiences after feeling absolutely fine.  Caution should thus be the byword.  Keep him out until after the bye week.

I’ve only had one hamstring injury. It would feel fine....until it didn’t. Tough thing to shake.

Having said that, the only thing you can do is trust the player and the medical staff. If they say go, he goes. You know he wants to play and he’s an important cog in the offensive machine. 

Having said THAT,  it’s murky gray area, and there is no test or protocol that tells you it will not pop up again. It’s always a risk, so cross your fingers! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Iamkrgr said:

I'm hoping that Feliciano is healthy. He's been a big difference maker for our oline. 

Nice to see singletary out there. 

This is what i was going to say. Really want Feliciano and Devin in there. Maybe they dress 3 RBs ?
Both of those guys should be considered as having strong influence on what the Offense does and Can do.

and i would like Bills to really try to win at home against Pats

The Bills fan in me really wants to see Singletary on the field vs. The Pats, but I think the smart playbwould bevto hold him out until after the bye.  Hamstrings eadily reaggravate if you dont give them enough time to heal and 2 weeks IMO is not enough.  

Rushing him hack only to have him pull the hammy again could result in another 3-4 week absence.  If he comes back after the bye hed have rested it for 5 weeks and would be 100%

1 minute ago, Estro said:

The Bills fan in me really wants to see Singletary on the field vs. The Pats, but I think the smart playbwould bevto hold him out until after the bye.  Hamstrings eadily reaggravate if you dont give them enough time to heal and 2 weeks IMO is not enough.  

Rushing him hack only to have him pull the hammy again could result in another 3-4 week absence.  If he comes back after the bye hed have rested it for 5 weeks and would be 100%

The  team docs should know enough about hamstring injuries to make the right decision; they’ve been working with his hamstring for almost 2 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...