Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

listening to Gase’s post game press conference, the way he talks about the game and the offense/defense he sounds more like the offensive coordinator than the head coach. 

When he hired Gregg, he said he wanted a “HC of the defense”. Basically he wants nothing to do with it. Which might be ok if he was at all good at coaching offense. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

And lets not forget the big picture:  a ROAD win in the division.  Those are a big deal and at the end of the season when we're clawing for a playoff spot how big will this win be?  HUGE is my bet.

Like others I did not expect the comeback and I was pissed at the turnovers.  But there was NOTHING fluky about that comeback.  It was like a switch was thrown and the offense EXECUTED.  Equally important the defense kept doing what it had been doing all game.  In the end this was a quality TEAM win. 

Oh and one last thing IGNORE the National media (and some local media).  After listening to them over the last year I'm convinced they're eating brightly colored mushrooms growing on logs in the forest.  It's that or they're simply stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The more I think about the Bills passing 18 times in a row to start the game, the more I wonder if it was to prove a point. 

I’m wondering if they may have been a bit offended by all of the “make Allen be a QB to win” talks by the Jets players. 

Just a thought

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

10 to 1 he predicted a Jets rout and now is mad he'll have to make excuses for himself on tomorrow's show.

The most frustrating thing about these quotes is that it proves the guy wasn't watching this game and had never actually seen Peterman play. 

It would have been harsh but probably fair to say Allen wasn't protecting the ball but his passing today was quite accurate, even in the 1st half.  He was mostly throwing darts out there and hitting his short passes.  As for the Peterman comparison, Allen's 4 TO's  were not remotely similar to what you got with vintage Peterman.  In fact it would be fair to say that Allen was only responsible for 1 or at most 2 of the TO's. 

Remember last year how the Bills set an NFL record going 9 straight possessions without a 1st down against the Ravens?  That was vintage Peterman.  Or check any of Peterman's pick sixes and compare them to the fluky bounce off Beasley's hands pick 6 today.  It's hard to to take these ignoramuses seriously. 

I really don't get the irrational hatred a large segment of the sports media have for Allen.  They are rooting for this genuinely decent kid to do poorly.  It's sick IMO and says a lot about the bankrupt souls of these petty little creatures...........................Man I feel better now!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The most frustrating thing about these quotes is that it proves the guy wasn't watching this game and had never actually seen Peterman play. 

It would have been harsh but probably fair to say Allen wasn't protecting the ball but his passing today was quite accurate, even in the 1st half.  He was mostly throwing darts out there and hitting his short passes.  As for the Peterman comparison, Allen's 4 TO's  were not remotely similar to what you got with vintage Peterman.  In fact it would be fair to say that Allen was only responsible for 1 or at most 2 of the TO's. 

Remember last year how the Bills set an NFL record going 9 straight possessions without a 1st down against the Ravens?  That was vintage Peterman.  Or check any of Peterman's pick sixes and compare them to the fluky bounce off Beasley's hands pick 6 today.  It's hard to to take these ignoramuses seriously. 

I really don't get the irrational hatred a large segment of the sports media have for Allen.  They are rooting for this genuinely decent kid to do poorly.  It's sick IMO and says a lot about the bankrupt souls of these petty little creatures...........................Man I feel better now!

Why is it frustrating?  Francessa stopped paying attention to anything except his own ego and paycheck years ago.  Ignore what clowns like him say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The more I think about the Bills passing 18 times in a row to start the game, the more I wonder if it was to prove a point. 

I’m wondering if they may have been a bit offended by all of the “make Allen be a QB to win” talks by the Jets players. 

Just a thought

I had the same thought.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The point is only that it had zero effect on the game. None. Four turnovers over the course of a game has an enormous affect. More than three. It was much, much more of a four turnover game than a three turnover game because the one that made it three had zero affect. And I don't mean that if the other team didn't capitalize it may have had no effect. That's not the same thing. It could not have had an affect of the game because of how and when it happened. 

The press saying it was -4 turnovers over and over and over doesn't make it anything but fake news. A turnover on the last play of the game is just as valid as on the first.

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Just a thought

You make a great point.  And I think it came within a hair of working big time for the Bills today.  Their rustiness, the last time they had run an all out passing attack was in the 1st quarter of the Carolina preseason game, was enough to create the conditions for a couple of fluky TO's.  The truth is that the Bills were moving smartly down the field with the opening KO and also moved the ball well in a couple of other 1st half drives.

I would do it again next week against the Giants. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

The press saying it was -4 turnovers over and over and over doesn't make it anything but fake news. A turnover on the last play of the game is just as valid as on the first.

It's a spirit of the law versus letter of the law. Technically you are right. But for all intents and purposes, the four affected the game. 

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm sure the Pats and Steelers are looking to make a change too considering Tom airmailing and Ben turfing multiple passes already tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Why is it frustrating?  Francessa stopped paying attention to anything except his own ego and paycheck years ago.  Ignore what clowns like him say.

It's frustrating to me because it's so nasty and over the top.  I know I should ignore them and over the years I have but their attacks on Allen seem completely unhinged. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

It's a spirit of the law versus letter of the law. Technically you are right. But for all intents and purposes, the four affected the game. 

This argument I will grant you some leeway on, since the 4 Bills turnovers were before the game's final score had been registered... however if some random Jet picks that ball up and Dysons his way to the end zone, then no, the game would not have been decided at that point, so to me it was a turnover while the game was in doubt - not as much doubt, but still within the realm of that one play potentially changing the outcome. Right?

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Tell us "beating a 0-0 team on the road hurts our chances in the draft."  C'mon.  Tell us "Winning only hurts the franchise."  In week 1.  Do it.  I dare you.  

What’s that have to do with the fact that two inept offenses were on display? Your deflection is predictable.