Cody Ford was bad - again & again he was while at RT

Reed83HOF

16 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Haven't gone through the thread, but was he the RT when the Pats defender came through un*****ing touched?  Was just a free run at Barkley and nobody even breathed his way.

Either someone didn't know their assignment or the protection was incorrectly called. He went inside with a purpose; he clearly was under the impression that was his job on the play.  He may have though Yeldon was going to take the blitz, which apparently Yeldon did not know. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Either someone didn't know their assignment or the protection was incorrectly called. He went inside with a purpose; he clearly was under the impression that was his job on the play.  He may have though Yeldon was going to take the blitz, which apparently Yeldon did not know. 

Judging by the player reactions after the play, my guess is that it was Yeldon's screw up.   It looked like his job was to stay in and block, but looked right at the possible blitzer and decided to help block the inside rush.  He then had an Oh ***** moment when he saw Van Noy sprinting to the QB.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Judging by the player reactions after the play, my guess is that it was Yeldon's screw up.   It looked like his job was to stay in and block, but looked right at the possible blitzer and decided to help block the inside rush.  He then had an Oh ***** moment when he saw Van Noy sprinting to the QB.

That was my thought too.  My real question is why is Yeldon responsible for Van Noy??? That would have been a tough assignment. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That was my thought too.  My real question is why is Yeldon responsible for Van Noy??? That would have been a tough assignment. 

I think his job is to pick up any blitzer.  Looking at the play design, all Yeldon would need to do is slow him down by a split second.  

17 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Haven't gone through the thread, but was he the RT when the Pats defender came through un*****ing touched?  Was just a free run at Barkley and nobody even breathed his way.

No that was Nsekhe (77).

I'm not sure what happened but they definitely had enough bodies to block the edge rusher but for some reason Felciano (76), Nsekhe (77) and Yeldon (22) all blocked the inside rusher. Our O-line (especially the right side) definitely needs to get settled, Josh has been masking some of their issues by his ability to buy time.

• Like (+1) 1

I wasn't watching closely enough to really have a strong opinion but my gut feeling is the line improved immensely once out third strong RT was starting lol.

Ford isn't moving to G anytime soon bc Feliciano has been doing quite well.  He did very well at Center too

I think Ford is going to be fine. Most of his mistakes seem to be technique things. He is just raw. He is a work in progress, but there is no doubt that Nsehke has outplayed him. Hell, Ryan Bates did not look half bad. But keep the faith, Ford will be good, he just needs so time. The bye week will do him good to kind of reset his mind and set new goals for improvement. 

• Like (+1) 1