AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seriously why is this narrative so important to you? Is it possible sure but I'd say it's equally possible AB is full of *****. I mean the only person who reported him coming here was ridiculed for it. AB is exactly the kind of person when seeing the interaction with the Bills being reported would go out of his way to frame the narrative in his favor especially if he felt disrespected.

Because they preached all this culture BS and them even thinking about him just shows why it is BS.  

I hope you are all right about McBeane.  But I don’t remember a regime in recent Bills history that gets as much of a pass as them.  They have made some really bad moves (as well as good ones) and AB very easily could be here.  

But whatever.  Just fun to kill time with this soap opera.  Game time and I still wish we had a non crazy number 1 receiver. 

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....didn't RapSheet say there was "no imminent deal"?.......I'd bet McBeane "inquired" period........would NEVER see McDermott going along with the signing.....imagine if McBeane grabbed him and this current saga was at OBD?......at least 36,764 "...fire McBeane....fire McDermott now" threads crash the site......

I’d wager every team in need of WR help inquired. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly think you’re holding onto this narrative because you like going after the Bills and for some reason Bills fans recently.

It bends him out of shape greatly when anyone calls beane a god. This is his way going after those people. Maybe he doesn’t realize calling beane a god is tongue and cheek?

and I’m fine with the bills looking into brown. They should look into anyone that can potentially help this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

And some would contend AB losing 30 million and not playing because of his foolish behavior would be the loser.

It's not an either or point, please don't tell me the fans or league don't lose though. 

I couldn't care less about Monday night if he's not playing. 

Yes, he started it. 

But yes, we all lose. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you’re 100% wrong and it’s the exact opposite of what you said.  But we’ll agree to disagree Doc (Beane got wind of AB being upset and didn’t offer a contract).  I never wanted the guy and hated that they preached culture and character and pursued this moron in the first place.  Seems insane.  But enjoy your Saturday and hopefully, we are talking about A Bills W tomorrow. 

I think that in the case of the Bills as well as most other NFL locker rooms you hope that your roster is strong enough at its core to carry a couple of diva's.  It's a business and a sport that is driven by ego or far fewer would be playing the game.  The players by and large don't have the meek personality of a cart chaser at Walmart.

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Ok but if they don’t fine him he’s playing for them Monday and probably the next two years. 

If he didn’t act like an idiot, he wouldn’t be fined. You just don’t get this do you?

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know what the Raiders cap situation is like, but I'd venture a guess they factored in Brown's contract.

Releasing Brown nets the Raiders nothing but give Brown what he wants

Keeping Brown nets the Raiders nothing, but Brown does not get what he wants.  Plus Brown gets a year older, and at this point time is not on Antonio's side

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly think you’re holding onto this narrative because you like going after the Bills and for some reason Bills fans recently.

I just like consistency and I hate double standards. Like laughing at the Raiders when we wanted the same player.  

And i love Bills but we’re completely delusional.  It’s what makes us awesome.  As much as I try to be a realist, I will have some beers tomorrow and talk myself into a super bowl run this year. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because it’s pretty obvious to non Bills fans.  They pursued him. If AB was acting super excited about being a Bill, the deal would have been worked out.  

But agree to disagree.  The Bills were dumb they second they even thought about bringing this disaster in.  

In your eyes the Bills are dumb no matter what. So what difference does it make?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Ok but if they don’t fine him he’s playing for them Monday and probably the next two years. 

I think they would have let the feet thing slide..When you double down with the helmet (which was a known issue prior to him missing practice for it) the gloves are off. Why couldn't he have addressed the helmet earlier in the offseason?

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Does AB even sign for that though? Or would he prefer to just sit at home. 

Good question. Depends on his finances. If the guy wants the big money he needs to play. If he has enough saved he can retire and enjoy life 

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that in the case of the Bills as well as most other NFL locker rooms you hope that your roster is strong enough at its core to carry a couple of diva's.  It's a business and a sport that is driven by ego or far fewer would be playing the game.  The players by and large don't have the meek personality of a cart chaser at Walmart.

That’s fair but AB is another level.  When the talk of getting him was being discussed, I thought if he couldn’t be happy in Pittsburgh, why would he be happy in Buffalo?

i will say there are a lot of people who owe Mike Tomlin and the Steelers an apology.  It’s amazing he was able to keep this maniac in line this long. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

3 minutes ago, teef said:

If he didn’t act like an idiot, he wouldn’t be fined. You just don’t get this do you?

I understand that. Can’t both be true?

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I think they would have let the feet thing slide..When you double down with the helmet (which was a known issue prior to him missing practice for it) the gloves are off. Why couldn't he addressed the helmet earlier in the offseason?

Agreed. They could also fine him without voiding the 30million 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Good question. Depends on his finances. If the guy wants the big money he needs to play. If he has enough saved he can retire and enjoy life 

Brown doesn't strike me as the type of guy who plans for retirement.  Or a rainy day.  Or next week

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chemical said:

I understand that. Can’t both be true?

I unfortunately don’t think you understand it at all. Don’t get me wrong...the raiders actions have been strange too, but this is a brown driven problem. The guy is an #######, and it’s actually getting in the way of his career. 

• Like (+1) 1