Amish Builders in WNY?

ricojes

I am looking to get a custom shed built and checked out a couple places in Clarence, but they are completed Amish built sheds they're reselling.  I am looking to have it built from scratch.

Does anyone have any experience working with the Amish in the Amherst and/or surrounding area?

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

I am looking to get a custom shed built and checked out a couple places in Clarence, but they are completed Amish built sheds they're reselling.  I am looking to have it built from scratch.

Does anyone have any experience working with the Amish in the Amherst and/or surrounding area?

I would go into a place such as a Tractor Supply and check the business bulletin board.  Clarence may not be close enough to an Amish community. for them to offer their services.  They are more prevalent in the Finger Lakes and Southern Tier.  Of course they eschewing modern conveniences such as computers makes it all the more difficult.  If nobody here can offer a suggestion take a ride down to Penn Yan in the Finger Lakes and you will find plenty of them along with old order Mennonites.  Somebody will be able to help you.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Why not use a regular builder? They could probably build it in a day also. 

The Amish work considerably cheaper plus deliver quality in the process.  Having said that it is important to know the background of a prospective contractor.  The Amish have their share of shody craftsmen.  Also, people like the bragging rights of having something Amish built like they are in an exclusive club.  Amish product is getting fairly wide spread nowadays so I don't know that it carries the bragging rights like it did 10-20 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

To that end, I used Sturdi Built Sheds located throughout the Buffalo area.

https://www.sturdibuiltsheds.com/

They prefer to deliver a pre-built shed but will build on site if necessary. I had them do that because the placement of the shed would have been impossible for them to get to with their equipment. They did a great job. Shed was built in 4 hours and it has held up perfectly over several years now. Highly recommend.

17 hours ago, ricojes said:

My buddy had one built excellent quality. Cheap and delivered and place where he wanted it.

18 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe he prefers to have his shed built by those who enjoy simple living, plain dress, and reluctance to adopt the conveniences of modern technology.

:lol:

21 hours ago, ricojes said:

If you are going to build a "she shed" you should have insurance for fires. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=burning+she+shed+insurance&view=detail&mid=B05940E495706CECE771B05940E495706CECE771&FORM=VIRE

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I read an article somewhere that mentioned the idea of a sitcom based on this couple.  I haven’t gone out of my way to watch a sitcom in several years, but I might actually make an exception in this case.  At least once. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

My buddy had one built excellent quality. Cheap and delivered and place where he wanted it.

This is why I am looking to go the Amish route.  Also I am looking to add some features not found on a standard build.  But it doesn't have to be Amish built if the price is right.

Thanks for the suggestions to this point!

Edited by ricojes