OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How on earth did Mayock figure he would be a GM? The guy makes Mack drafts for a living.  Even Mel, a huge blowhard, isn’t delusional enough to believe he could be an NFL exec.  He knows how incredibly sweet the deal he and Mayock had. 

Mayock could not have F’d this up any worse.

Is it Mayock or Gruden who F'd this up?  Gruden wanted Mayock as the GM, though Gruden is ultimately in charge, IIRC.  So could it be Gruden wanted AB and Mayock is now forced to deal with this B.S.?

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is it Mayock or Gruden who F'd this up?  Gruden wanted Mayock as the GM, though Gruden is ultimately in charge, IIRC.  So could it be Gruden wanted AB and Mayock is now forced to deal with this B.S.?

It was Brown who F’d this up

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Whatever Gruden wanted, Mayock is the GM and he’s being made the fool

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

It was Brown who F’d this up

Ultimately, yes.  He's also F'ing up his career.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

AB is the fool.  Total nitwit who is ending his career.

The more I think about this the more I say to myself, Really? An owner who is lazy, ya got Chucky, who’s a over paid blow hard, and Mayock, the figure head GM who doesn’t know he’s in over his head, this has had disaster written all over it from the get go. Then you add in AB, the drama queen, and ya get what ya got. Frankly I think the whole thing is funny as hell.  A major black eye for the Raiders organization. ????????

Mix in a little Vegas...

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The more I think about this the more I say to myself, Really? An owner who is lazy, ya got Chucky, who’s a over paid blow hard, and Mayock, the figure head GM who doesn’t know he’s in over his head, this has had disaster written all over it from the get go. Then you add in AB, the drama queen, and ya get what ya got. Frankly I think the whole thing is funny as hell.  A major black eye for the Raiders organization. ????????

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Ultimately, yes.  He's also F'ing up his career.

AB is the fool.  Total nitwit who is ending his career.

Well yes.  But the GM is supposed to handle this differently.  Mayock is a talking head. A nobody.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Well yes.  But the GM is supposed to handle this differently.  Mayock is a talking head. A nobody.

Chuckie's the coach and should be the one to get AB on-board.  Mayock had to intervene after Chuckie failed.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayock was installed as the figurehead. He played his part in the draft selection process, and now he handles the phones, contracts and the press. Gruden is the puppetmaster.

Edited by Rocket94

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree that Mayock is Gruden's "yes" man and has less power than Gruden; he does Gruden's bidding.  In this case, Mayock is simply enforcing team policy and contractual obligations.  I don't put any of this on Mayock, at least from what I've seen as an outside observer.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mattynh said:

As much as the team seems to be going the right direction.  I really don’t get why they thought trading for this clown was a good idea.  

This is what the Raiders do. They have a history of bringing in the lost, the wayward, the haunted and malcontents.