Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Usually what happens is the agent would tell the Bills that a team is sniffing around on wanting to sign him to their 53 and will give the Bills a chance to sign him first if the player would prefer to stay there. It all goes through the agent. 

Yep. Then they decide which offer they want to take, and they can go back and forth to get the best deal. They're essentially free agents. Teams offer them any contract and agents try to get the them the best deal as well as opportunity to play. 

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

EDqluXbXoAAoxWt.jpg:large

It's not just the cap space that they have, they have that amount of space and have 43 players under contract for the 2020 season, including their QB1, LT, CB1, and defensive chess piece (Edmunds), which covers 4/6 "big money" positions.  They can afford to spend a ton on the other 2 high-dollar spots in free agency, which is nice since WR and EDGE will be relatively loaded.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

One thing I heard Beane mention on WGR about the practice squad that I didn't know before was that if you sign a player off of another team's practice squad, you have to keep them on your 53 for 3 weeks. 

Another random tidbit I learned while listening to Taron Johnson on WGR was that before coming to Buffalo, he hadn't played in the slot before, he was always on the outside. I'm excited to see how much more he can develop with a year under his belt. 

• Like (+1) 2

Adam Gase is going to be distracted by the legal trouble that his seafood store is dealing with...

Fish Shop Shut Down for Using Googly Eyes to Make Fish Look Fresher

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59477n/fish-shop-shut-down-for-using-googly-eyes-to-make-fish-look-fresher?utm_source=vicecanadafbca&utm_campaign=global&fbclid=IwAR3lKLyPL5h9g3rZ7mN48TPqenQLWgAs84ElnucS_p312yG3JW_vSEoiDrg

• Haha (+1) 1

A somewhat random prediction has come to me in the last few minutes:

At some point in this game, Allen is going to get the Jets to jump offside with his very Rodgers-like hard count, and on that play, he'll throw a deep ball for a TD or that results in a DPI in the end zone that leads to a TD.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A somewhat random prediction has come to me in the last few minutes:

At some point in this game, Allen is going to get the Jets to jump offside with his very Rodgers-like hard count, and on that play, he'll throw a deep ball for a TD or that results in a DPI in the end zone that leads to a TD.

I believe it was Manuel that did this his rookie year...then he threw the ball out of bounds.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It just depends on the RBs he has. He's not going to underutilize Leveon Bell. Remember when CJ Anderson emerged in Denver Gase's last year there? 850 rushing and 300 receiving. Bell can do the same things even better...and much much better than the RBs he had in Miami. I don't think Gase is dumb enough not to run the ball early and often against the Bills defense. 

I'd be happy if he decides to lean on the passing game against the Bills' secondary, though. ?

I had the same thought.  If I were Gase, I'd run it down our throats until we prove we can stop it.

• Like (+1) 1