Bills Players Kneeling in End Zone

kneeling.thumb.jpg.31f8b8e346687c1a11064b3d85a9fbfa.jpg

So I have zero issues with players kneeling.

At first I thought it was the new protest. However, they didn't all kneel and stand up together. Their heads are down as if they are praying. Just wondering if anything was said about this and whether this is the new "kneel" strategy or whether this is just the more spiritual players praying before the game. I had never seen this at all last year. 

I also thought it was super cool that they came out to Skillet's new song Legendary. Sweet song that is kid friendly despite being hard rock. Oh and also I loved the new Buffalo Bills props that were all synced up blowing out smoke as the player ran out. That was pretty cool too. Glad to see they didn't plan on just keeping the same old intro for a decade ;).

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Photos like these are often passed around on social media as proof of players disrespecting the flag, when actually they are praying pre- or post-game. Disgusting.

First off, I took this photo last night ;). Second I just want to be very clear that if they were kneeling for social injustice OR praying. Either way I am cool with it and love it. 

I remember being surprised years and years ago to see opposing players get together to pray after the game. Think it was Bills/Fins. Was actually pretty cool and really put the "it's just a game" stuff in perspective for me. These dudes were just happy to have gotten through another Sunday in one piece.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bills4Ever4Life said:

First off, I took this photo last night ;). Second I just want to be very clear that if they were kneeling for social injustice OR praying. Either way I am cool with it and love it. 

I wasn't calling you out. I was just pointing out that some people do that, mostly on Facebook.

I don't mean for this to come across in any negative way possible, but .... who cares?

Honestly, they're not making a noise; not looking at anyone; not hurting anyone. 

It clearly looks like they're praying .. which is par for the course.  But if not ... so what?

We, as a society, need to worry about/control our own actions and stop worrying about what everyone else - specifically if they're harming no one - is doing.

Personally, I think this kind of crap has been old and it's getting older.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wasn't calling you out. I was just pointing out that some people do that, mostly on Facebook.

Just wanted to be perfectly clear on my stance so as not to cause a stir :)

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I don't mean for this to come across in any negative way possible, but .... who cares?

Honestly, they're not making a noise; not looking at anyone; not hurting anyone. 

It clearly looks like they're praying .. which is par for the course.  But if not ... so what?

We, as a society, need to worry about/control our own actions and stop worrying about what everyone else - specifically if they're harming no one - is doing.

Personally, I think this kind of crap has been old and it's getting older.

Honestly I brought it up because I thought it was cool and was looking for the meaning. Were they praying? If so, I'm a christian and find that to be VERY cool and if its been happening all along can't believe i missed it. If it's the new kneeling action for social injustice I also think it's super cool because I am a fan of the cause. Either way I was just looking for fun conversation with you guys and thought i finally had a fun post to put up ;)

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

kneeling.thumb.jpg.31f8b8e346687c1a11064b3d85a9fbfa.jpg

So I have zero issues with players kneeling as long as its not during the anthem. I am a veteran and have a special hatred for those that will do anything but stand with one hand over there heart and hats removed etc.

But did you not notice they are all facing in the same direction?   Mecca....perhaps?!?

• Haha (+1) 3