Horrible Headgear: Chicken wings?

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would call it "headgear in bad taste" but I suppose honoring the "good taste" of Buffalo wings is the point....

Am I the only one who who hopes this does not become a trend?

image.thumb.png.3423a6152277ce3fdbc3bb61407950dc.png

If you don't like the wing hat you're not a good Bills fan

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

If you don't like the wing hat you're not a good Bills fan

Listen up!  

I did not watch through 1-12-1, 1-13, and back to back 2-14 to be told the test of good fandom is to like a hat that appears to be the off-color creation of a chicken choker with an unusual fetish for Doritos 

You like it, to each his own.  Go Bills!

That Is All

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Listen up!  

I did not watch through 1-12-1, 1-13, and back to back 2-14 to be told the test of good fandom is to like a hat that appears to be the off-color creation of a chicken choker with an unusual fetish for Doritos 

That Is All

Our Bills went back to back 2-14 right after I was married. That was a long time ago. My bride asked “why do you do this to yourself?”  She gets it now, for better or for worse. 

If you want to PM me your birthday and a shipping address, I’ll try to get you some of that good looking head gear!   ?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Our Bills went back to back 2-14 right after I was married. That was a long time ago. My bride asked “why do you do this to yourself?”  She gets it now, for better or for worse. 

If you want to PM me your birthday and a shipping address, I’ll try to get you some of that good looking head gear!   ?

I was married 2 years, early 20s.

Er....thanks much, I’m good

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was married 2 years, early 20s.

Er....thanks much, I’m good

I’m sure you’re good, but think of how much better you could be! I’d even throw some money at a charity if you’d show up at a tailgate in one!  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, stuvian said:

where can i buy one?

I've seen them for sale at the Anchor Bar.

17 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I’d say at least 15 years. I’ve got a picture somewhere of a guy wearing one the first or second year they came out. I’ll have to see if I can find it. 

Found it, September 2003, Bills versus Eagles. I think it was the first year they were out. 

018_18.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

It's really, really awful, but to each their own. What does it have to do with the Bills? The Cheeseheads are just as stupid, but don't look quite as bad. I don't know. I guess I'd rather see Bills fans wearing Bills gear on their head if they feel the need to wear headgear. I get it. Wisconsin is known for Cheese and Buffalo is known for Wings. As much as I understand that Buffalo has a STRONG association with wings, it's just not a good look. At all. I typically EAT food and don't wear oversized, silly replica's on my head. But that's just me.

It's funny in an ironic, "my good those things are dumb" kind of way I suppose. But I would greatly prefer they not become a "thing" associated with the Bills. It's not something that will affect W's and L's, so whatever.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:23 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I drive 9 hours from Chicago for wing and a Bills game and I drop about 2k in two days into the City. Honestly there is not a single place in Chicago that compares to Duffs or Anchor Bar. The people in the city of Buffalo are the real deal. Yes I just got done bowling and yes I probably had about 14 beers but I've never had more fun in my life that weekend I go up to see a Bills game.

i dont know i desperately want to go to the metal burger bar Chicago and get the Slayer!!

https://kumascorner.com/#menu

On 8/31/2019 at 12:13 AM, Just Jack said:

I've seen them for sale at the Anchor Bar.

Found it, September 2003, Bills versus Eagles. I think it was the first year they were out. 

018_18.JPG

It's crazy to me that a pic from 2003 could pretty much qualify as a retro pic right now.  Time sure is flying by ?

On 08/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

We're stuck with them.  All our other local hat ideas where either pizza or sausage themed, and they looked much worse, and didn't sell.

What!  We're not limited to just those.

Bring on the Beef on Weck hats!