WNYTBDGPS pre-home opener Luncheon

• 2 weeks later...

I am basking in the epicurean glow of my cheeseburger/white hot Garbage Plate, with everything and extra meat sauce.

Most restaurants are now serving plates but NONE compare to the original at Nick Tahou..

Good seeing Rich, Jack, Jay and Diane! 

See you Sunday around sunrise!

220px-Garbage_plate.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, rockpile said:

I am basking in the epicurean glow of my cheeseburger/white hot Garbage Plate, with everything and extra meat sauce.

Most restaurants are now serving plates but NONE compare to the original at Nick Tahou..

Good seeing Rich, Jack, Jay and Diane! 

See you Sunday around sunrise!

220px-Garbage_plate.jpg

I'm all for tradition, but there's zero chance that Nicks is in the top 10 of Rochester plates.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I missed this, but can anyone recommend a good place for a garbage plate near the Niagara Falls border or Lewiston?  Never had one before.

About 60 miles east.  I always thought the garbage plates were a Rochester specialty.  WNY was known for Texas Hots (scum dogs).

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

About 60 miles east.  I always thought the garbage plates were a Rochester specialty.  WNY was known for Texas Hots (scum dogs).

After some research it seems the closest place to me that serves something close enough to a "true" garbage plate is Greek To Me, about 55 minutes from me and the opposite direction of where I'm headed.  Found an article about Buffalo's options and most of them were basically bastardized poutines. 

Guess I'll have to make the trip to Rochester some day.  I'm interested though to hear more about this supposed controversy of Nick's being the "original" but not one of the best.  Like Duffs I guess?