Retired FB LeRon McClain Pleads for Help, "I have to get my head checked."

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Typically MAJBobby,

BLAH BLAH BLAH I've made up my mind.

Image result for fingers in ears

Y because I dont GIVE TWO ***** that these players are experiencing AGE.  And Issues that ANY person with ANY Common Sense could see?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So I should SUE the US Government right?  My Head hurts....  Who knew FIGHTING Wars and taking Head Shots would cause this.  THEY HID IT FROM ME

If you feel your employer knowingly concealed information that caused you permanent injury while on the job, you might want to consider it. At the very least, I wouldn't hold it against people who do.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:
June 2007 - The NFL holds a medical conference on concussions.
August 14, 2007 - The NFL formalizes new concussion guidelines which include a telephone hotline to report when a player is being forced to play contrary to medical advice.

Le Ron started playing in NFL 2007, the risks were known.  Even when i was a kid everyone knew like a boxer you can end up with serious mental issues, the entire stereotype of the dumb football player.

No According to Some The lawsuit for the players in the 60-70s Mean that these new players didnt know

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool here is a RECENT one..  LET me HIGHLIGHT the KEY

Study: Concussions Aren't the Link to CTE

New research on chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) concludes that it's not concussions that cause the condition, but repeated traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)—the kind experienced by more people than just those involved in contact sports. Authors of the study also call for more clarity when it comes to concussion—which they describe as a syndrome—versus TBI, a tissue-damaging event that can happen with or without concussion.

AGAIN....with more research, the more findings.  They will continue to find more from now and until the future.

It's like your arguing they haven't made any advancements in their studies since McLain started playing.  Geezus.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

If you feel your employer knowingly concealed information that caused you permanent injury while on the job, you might want to consider it. At the very least, I wouldn't hold it against people who do.

August 14, 2007 - The NFL formalizes new concussion guidelines which include a telephone hotline to report when a player is being forced to play contrary to medical advice.

Now tell me how McClain (started in the NFL in 2007) was deceived?

AGAIN....with more research, the more findings.  They will continue to find more from now and until the future.

It's like your arguing they haven't made any advancements in their studies since McLain started playing.  Geezus.

Cool I got a head shot in Buffalo watching a game.  Guess the NFL owes me as a Fan a settelment

34 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This should honestly be a bigger deal out there than it is. Current players and former players are definitely having issues. Back in the day before social media, it wasn't seen and rarely talked about; however with twitter, instagram, TMZ etc it is kinda hard to ignore this and not see it. This is a really big issue for not only the game, but for these affected players and their families. It's really sad to see and makes me question how I feel as a fan...

I agree with all your points except the first sentence. It IS talked about a lot and it is currently a big deal.

A lot of occupations involve risks, a lot of occupations we learn more and more about the risk every year.  The NFL is no different.  

Was the knowledge out there that football could cause mental issues, yes it certainly was.  Do we know more today, yes and well will know even more about the risk 10 years from now, just about the time the lawyers fees are too big and they outlaw football.

"If you're a millionaire, I don't care if you suffer the rest of your life"....

Geezus.

Again HIS CHOICE, DId I force him to play football?

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Le Ron started playing in NFL 2007, the risks were known.  Even when i was a kid everyone knew like a boxer you can end up with serious mental issues, the entire stereotype of the dumb football player.

It's not about being "a dumb football player" it's about having the opportunity to make an amount of money that no other avenue of life would have provided them.  There's a lot of athletes that grow up in poverty, and this is there only chance to not only bring themselves out of it, but the rest of their families, present and future generations.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A lot of occupations involve risks, a lot of occupations we learn more and more about the risk every year.  The NFL is no different.  

Was the knowledge out there that football could cause mental issues, yes it certainly was.  Do we know more today, yes and well will know even more about the risk 10 years from now, just about the time the lawyers fees are too big and they outlaw football.

Then we can all watch effete europhiles play soccer. I pray I die before THAT comes to fruition.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Now tell me how McClain (started in the NFL in 2007) was deceived?

LOL a conference and a hotline...now who's being disingenuous?  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

"It was his choice to play a game I love to watch!  If he suffers after, I JUST DON'T CARE.  I DON'T CARE IF ANOTHER person suffers...I just don't".

Yeah alot more issues out there than worrying about a Millionaire now trying to get more money from a sport he made millions from

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The NFLPA sucessfully sued the league for suppressing evidence of brain damage caused by pro football, so no; they actually didn't know what they were signing up for.

Obviously they know now and they continue to play.

Am I right?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL a conference and a hotline...now who's being disingenuous?  

No, go back and look at the history,  if you recall that was the year the NFL "come clean", the risks were known (no not all the risks, we certainly dont know all the risks) , hell there were lawsuits about in 30? ytr s prior.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Am I right?

No all these players OBVIOUSLY still being lied too, because why would they keep playing???  OOO YEAH they are MAKING MILLIONS

• Like (+1) 1

If he said "i care" would that make you feel better?  Would that make the players feel better?

It would make him look less like a selfish ****.

Yes these guys made the choice.  A choice for our entertainment.  I made that choice because I've fought, played football, baseball and basketball.

But if it does happen, instead of saying "I don't give 2 ****"....you could just say nothing?  

I personally don't want anyone to suffer in anyway.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

No all these players OBVIOUSLY still being lied too, because why would they keep playing???  OOO YEAH they are MAKING MILLIONS

And there are many that would do it for a lot less.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

It's not about being "a dumb football player" it's about having the opportunity to make an amount of money that no other avenue of life would have provided them.  There's a lot of athletes that grow up in poverty, and this is there only chance to not only bring themselves out of it, but the rest of their families, present and future generations.

I dont disagree with this.

All these people complaining about it will get "their wish", the game wont be the same in the very near future and the kids that did want to risk it for the fame and money, wont be able to.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Am I right?

Not necessarily. The relationship between TBI and CTE is still not well understood. That football is dangerous has always been the case, but specific to CTE and the subsequent lawsuit I wouldn't expect players today to have a great understanding of CTE, no.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah alot more issues out there than worrying about a Millionaire now trying to get more money from a sport he made millions from

So what if there's more issues.  Does mean this isn't an issue.  

There's more and bigger issues than your cable going out during a Bills game.  But if it happens, are you just going to sit back and say "there's bigger issues than this...so I won't complain and calmly wait until the Bills game comes back on".

You want to ban football you better start banning other sports like hockey, MMA, boxing, NASCAR....

This is the crap we have to look forward to in the future. People telling you what you can and can’t do.

Not necessarily. The relationship between TBI and CTE is still not well understood. That football is dangerous has always been the case, but specific to CTE and the subsequent lawsuit I wouldn't expect players today to have a great understanding of CTE, no.

? 

Seriously?

Yes these guys made the choice.  A choice for our entertainment.  I made that choice because I've fought, played football, baseball and basketball.

But if it does happen, instead of saying "I don't give 2 ****"....you could just say nothing?  

And a CHOICE that Compensated them at a Higher level than any other person could think about being compensated at.  So yep DONT Care, they could have walked away like Luck, Willis, Sanders etc etc etc.  Would I have booed them and hammered them....  NOPE.  Why Because it was THEIR CHOICE.  Just like it is their choice to KEEP playing

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I may, he is answering as an economist would, interjection of emotion here doesn't really advance the discussion in my opinion.  If he is selfish, why do you care?  As I said it aint gonna change a damn thing, aint gonna make Le Ron feel better if Maj Bobby "cares".

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think NFL players of past generations really had no idea of the possible CTE issues. However, there isn't a player on the field today (or even over the last 10 years or so) that is not aware of the potential long term health issues - and not just CTE.

They may not have known about CTE, but they knew they were possibly looking at long term health issues seeing what previous players had been through. I think people have known for a while that taking many blows to the head could result in problems. Now they just know more about it.  

As for the other careers, sure miners and factory workers know that they can end up with health issues later on, the difference is most have little other choice for a career. There isn't much out there if you don't have the education and need to support yourself and family. Playing a game for money is more of a luxury for those born with the skills and talent to do it. They don't have to and no one's making them do it. They can leave and get other careers to make ends meet.

It is a shame that a billion dollar industry that is making money off others playing a game that can affect their long term health doesn't give them medical care afterwards, but that's also part of why they get paid so well today, it's not the league's problem most can't save for retirement. But it's also not surprising that they don't have it seeing as how Vets don't get much assistants, and first responders needed to have a celebrity help them fight for almost 20 years to get help in what is supposed to be the best Country that makes everyone pay for their own medical care.....

So what if there's more issues.  Does mean this isn't an issue.  

There's more and bigger issues than your cable going out during a Bills game.  But if it happens, are you just going to sit back and say "there's bigger issues than this...so I won't complain and calmly wait until the Bills game comes back on".

Yep, I do I move on to something else, why because life is too short.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And a CHOICE that Compensated them at a Higher level than any other person could think about being compensated at.  So yep DONT Care, they could have walked away like Luck, Willis, Sanders etc etc etc.  Would I have booed them and hammered them....  NOPE.  Why Because it was THEIR CHOICE.  Just like it is their choice to KEEP playing

Another man suffering for potentially the rest of his life and you just don't care.....

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep, I do I move on to something else, why because life is too short.

You B word more than anymore on here...this is being disingenuous.  You can't even more on from this message board when people disagree with you and you're going to move onto something else during a live Bills game?  LOL...you'll be on this message board complaining instantly.... 

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If I may, he is answering as an economist would, interjection of emotion here doesn't really advance the discussion in my opinion.  If he is selfish, why do you care?  As I said it aint gonna change a damn thing, aint gonna make Le Ron feel better if Maj Bobby "cares".

It's a public message board and it's a current trending topic.  Am I really not allowed to interject?

For the love of God will you please tell him "you care" .

I care it is sad he struggles (there does that make them feel better) BUT it was his choice, no reason to cry for more.

I care MORE about that HS player that has issues and GETS NADA

I care MORE about that College player that ISN'T compensated and his body and head used up.

Median NFL salary about $860,000...for all you pocket watchers mad about some athletes 'making millions'

This is about McClain and his 11M he made  and all the nice benefits that he still makes.