Retired FB LeRon McClain Pleads for Help, "I have to get my head checked."

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Typically MAJBobby,

BLAH BLAH BLAH I've made up my mind.

Image result for fingers in ears

Y because I dont GIVE TWO ***** that these players are experiencing AGE.  And Issues that ANY person with ANY Common Sense could see?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So I should SUE the US Government right?  My Head hurts....  Who knew FIGHTING Wars and taking Head Shots would cause this.  THEY HID IT FROM ME

If you feel your employer knowingly concealed information that caused you permanent injury while on the job, you might want to consider it. At the very least, I wouldn't hold it against people who do.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:
June 2007 - The NFL holds a medical conference on concussions.
August 14, 2007 - The NFL formalizes new concussion guidelines which include a telephone hotline to report when a player is being forced to play contrary to medical advice.

Le Ron started playing in NFL 2007, the risks were known.  Even when i was a kid everyone knew like a boxer you can end up with serious mental issues, the entire stereotype of the dumb football player.

No According to Some The lawsuit for the players in the 60-70s Mean that these new players didnt know

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool here is a RECENT one..  LET me HIGHLIGHT the KEY

Study: Concussions Aren't the Link to CTE

New research on chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) concludes that it's not concussions that cause the condition, but repeated traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)—the kind experienced by more people than just those involved in contact sports. Authors of the study also call for more clarity when it comes to concussion—which they describe as a syndrome—versus TBI, a tissue-damaging event that can happen with or without concussion.

AGAIN....with more research, the more findings.  They will continue to find more from now and until the future.

It's like your arguing they haven't made any advancements in their studies since McLain started playing.  Geezus.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

If you feel your employer knowingly concealed information that caused you permanent injury while on the job, you might want to consider it. At the very least, I wouldn't hold it against people who do.

August 14, 2007 - The NFL formalizes new concussion guidelines which include a telephone hotline to report when a player is being forced to play contrary to medical advice.

Now tell me how McClain (started in the NFL in 2007) was deceived?

AGAIN....with more research, the more findings.  They will continue to find more from now and until the future.

It's like your arguing they haven't made any advancements in their studies since McLain started playing.  Geezus.

Cool I got a head shot in Buffalo watching a game.  Guess the NFL owes me as a Fan a settelment

34 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

This should honestly be a bigger deal out there than it is. Current players and former players are definitely having issues. Back in the day before social media, it wasn't seen and rarely talked about; however with twitter, instagram, TMZ etc it is kinda hard to ignore this and not see it. This is a really big issue for not only the game, but for these affected players and their families. It's really sad to see and makes me question how I feel as a fan...

I agree with all your points except the first sentence. It IS talked about a lot and it is currently a big deal.

A lot of occupations involve risks, a lot of occupations we learn more and more about the risk every year.  The NFL is no different.  

Was the knowledge out there that football could cause mental issues, yes it certainly was.  Do we know more today, yes and well will know even more about the risk 10 years from now, just about the time the lawyers fees are too big and they outlaw football.

"If you're a millionaire, I don't care if you suffer the rest of your life"....

Geezus.

Again HIS CHOICE, DId I force him to play football?

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Le Ron started playing in NFL 2007, the risks were known.  Even when i was a kid everyone knew like a boxer you can end up with serious mental issues, the entire stereotype of the dumb football player.

It's not about being "a dumb football player" it's about having the opportunity to make an amount of money that no other avenue of life would have provided them.  There's a lot of athletes that grow up in poverty, and this is there only chance to not only bring themselves out of it, but the rest of their families, present and future generations.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A lot of occupations involve risks, a lot of occupations we learn more and more about the risk every year.  The NFL is no different.  

Was the knowledge out there that football could cause mental issues, yes it certainly was.  Do we know more today, yes and well will know even more about the risk 10 years from now, just about the time the lawyers fees are too big and they outlaw football.

Then we can all watch effete europhiles play soccer. I pray I die before THAT comes to fruition.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Now tell me how McClain (started in the NFL in 2007) was deceived?

LOL a conference and a hotline...now who's being disingenuous?  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

"It was his choice to play a game I love to watch!  If he suffers after, I JUST DON'T CARE.  I DON'T CARE IF ANOTHER person suffers...I just don't".

Yeah alot more issues out there than worrying about a Millionaire now trying to get more money from a sport he made millions from