Retired FB LeRon McClain Pleads for Help, "I have to get my head checked."

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So doesnt these players.

Sorry I have ZERO Sympathy.  The CHOSE this life.  Could have ALWAYS made a different Carrer Choice right?

Yes, they did choose their profession. But the league for quite a while did not live up to their moral obligation to provide medical care. The retired players had to fight for years to get adequate health coverage and care when their careers are over. If a steel worker, fire worker, coal worker, soldier, policeman got hurt on the job they were taken care of. Until very recently that wasn't the case. 

Just now, Laughing Coffin said:

Veterans should too.  Just because there's one gross injustice doesn't mean that it should be the standard for all other similar circumstances

Just pointing it out there, ONE Voluntary Career vs ANOTHER.  

All these football players Saying I didnt know I was going to be in pain for life, I didnt know I would have long term effects from the sport are JUST as disingenuous as the Veterans that say I didn't Know I would have to fight a War

Just now, JohnC said:

Yes, they did choose their profession. But the league for quite a while did not live up to their moral obligation to provide medical care. The retired players had to fight for years to get adequate health coverage and care when their careers are over. If a steel worker, fire worker, coal worker, soldier, policeman got hurt on the job they were taken care of. Until very recently that wasn't the case. 

Maybe until recently they should BLAME their Union?

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Lawsuit was settled in 2017. Damages awarded immediately after settlement.

OK Cool.  so Now tell m again how In 2007 McClain is SUCH an idiot that h didnt know there would be long term effects from shots to the head.  So he never heard a punch drunk Boxer in his life?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Not to this point they didn't.  CTE research really came into fruition just in the last 7 or so years.

It's still not well understood. People claiming NFL players should have somehow 'known the risks'...lol the doctors and researchers studying TBI and related injuries don't even understand it yet.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Just pointing it out there, ONE Voluntary Career vs ANOTHER.  

All these football players Saying I didnt know I was going to be in pain for life, I didnt know I would have long term effects from the sport are JUST as disingenuous as the Veterans that say I didn't Know I would have to fight a War

Maybe until recently they should BLAME their Union?

No....even doctors didn't know the extent.  They use to do the smelling salt test to see if a guy was good to go back on the field.  There wasn't a concussion protocol.

Not to this point they didn't.  CTE research really came into fruition just in the last 7 or so years.

And you KNOW it has NOTHING to do with Concussions right?    Yeah there was NEVER reports of Football players struggling with Health EVER until 7 years ago.

It's still not well understood. People claiming NFL players should have somehow 'known the risks'...lol the doctors and researchers studying TBI and related injuries don't even understand it yet.

Yeah Considering it is FOUND IN PEOPLE that have NEVER played a contact sport in their Life, should those people get a settlement?

Well I guess every medical doctor was an idiot too.

Keep trying.  I Do NOT have ANY sympathy.  And I wont.

So Kelso just wore his helmet for a Fashion Statement?

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

And you KNOW it has NOTHING to do with Concussions right?    Yeah there was NEVER reports of Football players struggling with Health EVER until 7 years ago.

Yeah Considering it is FOUND IN PEOPLE that have NEVER played a contact sport in their Life, should those people get a settlement?

If their employer hid the likelihood that their occupation would produce it, probably.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

what is so hard for you to understand?  They didn't know to this extent, now they got more research and now they know.  

Here's a Doctors statement that talks about their findings.

July 2017

By this point, the link between football and CTE is well-known and widely accepted in the scientific community. Further cementing the link, BU's CTE Center expands on its 2012 and 2014 work (the latter of which found CTE in 76 of 79 studied brains), announcing the results of a study of 202 deceased football players' brains. Of the 111 brains of former NFL players that were examined, researchers find evidence of CTE in 110. The study looks at the brains of players as young as 23 and as old as 89 and includes players of all positions. The study also suggests that a longer football career can lead to more severe cases of CTE, as brains of deceased men who stopped playing had less severe cases than those who played professionally. Authors of the study acknowledge the same selection bias, as the brains studied were donated by players for neurological research.

"This not a population-based sample and these numbers aren't the prevelance of this disease in the general population of football players," co-author of the study Dr. Jesse Mez told Sports Illustrated. "What this study does establish well is that there is likely a connection between football and CTE." 

If their employer hid the likelihood that their occupation would produce it, probably.

So I should SUE the US Government right?  My Head hurts....  Who knew FIGHTING Wars and taking Head Shots would cause this.  THEY HID IT FROM ME

• Like (+1) 1

June 2007 - The NFL holds a medical conference on concussions.
August 14, 2007 - The NFL formalizes new concussion guidelines which include a telephone hotline to report when a player is being forced to play contrary to medical advice.

Le Ron started playing in NFL 2007, the risks were known.  Even when i was a kid everyone knew like a boxer you can end up with serious mental issues, the entire stereotype of the dumb football player.

what is so hard for you to understand?  They didn't know to this extent, now they got more research and now they know.  

Here's a Doctors statement that talks about their findings.

July 2017

By this point, the link between football and CTE is well-known and widely accepted in the scientific community. Further cementing the link, BU's CTE Center expands on its 2012 and 2014 work (the latter of which found CTE in 76 of 79 studied brains), announcing the results of a study of 202 deceased football players' brains. Of the 111 brains of former NFL players that were examined, researchers find evidence of CTE in 110. The study looks at the brains of players as young as 23 and as old as 89 and includes players of all positions. The study also suggests that a longer football career can lead to more severe cases of CTE, as brains of deceased men who stopped playing had less severe cases than those who played professionally. Authors of the study acknowledge the same selection bias, as the brains studied were donated by players for neurological research.

"This not a population-based sample and these numbers aren't the prevelance of this disease in the general population of football players," co-author of the study Dr. Jesse Mez told Sports Illustrated. "What this study does establish well is that there is likely a connection between football and CTE." 

Cool here is a RECENT one..  LET me HIGHLIGHT the KEY

Study: Concussions Aren't the Link to CTE

New research on chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) concludes that it's not concussions that cause the condition, but repeated traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)—the kind experienced by more people than just those involved in contact sports. Authors of the study also call for more clarity when it comes to concussion—which they describe as a syndrome—versus TBI, a tissue-damaging event that can happen with or without concussion.