Ann Landers Didn't Care for Hippies Much

T&C

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not quite there now, but if I last long enough, the louder the better and big font will be a blessing! 

Sorry for the loud boldness. I've demured. I've calmed, just the way that make Ann Landers proud of her sister Dear Abby. Another pious B word.

Edited by I am the egg man

she was right, there's always a bunch hell-bunch on destroying themselves at any cost, didn't start in the mid-1960s

youtube has the Blueboy (indeed...) episode in entirely and smaller units...

She was also against sending people to prison for weed:

Dear Ann Landers: I just got a phone call from my son. He said, 'I've been arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.' I knew he had used marijuana on occasion, but I'm sure he never tried to sell it. A lawyer told me if someone is caught with marijuana, chances are, the police will add 'intent to distribute,' even in the absence of supporting evidence. The accusation of intent changes the crime from a misdemeanor to a felony.

Ann, my son is a good kid who attends college and has a part-time job. He was caught with marijuana for his own personal use, and for this, he could get 30 years in prison. He has never gotten so much as a parking ticket.

I don't approve of smoking grass, nor do I approve of smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. But this punishment seems excessive. I can't help but think of the thousands of families that have suffered this same horror.

I plead for compassion for those who are hurting only themselves when they use dangerous substances. What they need is counseling and medical intervention, not prison. Harsh laws don't work. Furthermore, they cost us a fortune in taxes to prosecute and incarcerate people who pose no danger to society. Enough. - A Sad Mother in Va.

Ann agreed with Sad Mother.

"I have long believed that the laws regarding marijuana are too harsh," Ann Landers wrote in 1999. "Those who keep pot for their own personal use should not be treated as criminals. Thirty years in prison makes no sense whatsoever. I'm with you."

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Perhaps Ann Landers WAS too uptight and perhaps she didn't "Care much for hippies".

Why does this bother you? The woman died in 2002.

Heading on over to Dr. Phil's site now, its bothering the hell out of me...

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean she's right in a lot of ways.  I don't mind partying but be a responsible adult other times.  All my friends smoke and we all have full time jobs..some are very successful.  

If you just get high all day and really don't do anything to contribute to society...you're annoying.  

you and Ann get the award   

image.png.aa6e6879c214d29dcfb4e23e280ca70d.png

Moderation and responsibility 

:lol:  :wub:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan