Ann Landers Didn't Care for Hippies Much

T&C

An awful lot of hippies became successful middle class citizens, and many of them were concerned about things like pollution and social issues.  Hard to predict it would turn out that way at the time, but in retrospect it doesn’t seem surprising at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

What's wrong with a guy supporting his team ?

yeah, he was a Rams fan

those good old days when large LA mansions were empty just waiting for hippies to crash and have those fatal parties....

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yeah, he was a Rams fan

those good old days when large LA mansions were empty just waiting for hippies to crash and have those fatal parties....

So was Joe Friday.  Friday considered the AFL a league lead by hippies and freaks such as Joe Namath.  

38 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

An awful lot of hippies became successful middle class citizens, and many of them were concerned about things like pollution and social issues.  Hard to predict it would turn out that way at the time, but in retrospect it doesn’t seem surprising at all. 

"Million young poets
Screamin' out their words 
To a world full of people
Just livin' to be heard
Future generations
Ridin' on the highways that we built
I hope, that they have better understanding"

On our street they were the ones selling the roses on the street corners'  In the 1980s, they became the distributors... The Yuppies.  LoL...

My parents were already raising young children to get too caught up in the counter-culture... But one of the neighborhood hippies caught up with my mother in the 1980s, now acting like a Yuppie. They were lamenting about their own children, working, running a successful business and how their children didn't seem to respect hard work.  Back then my mother would give them dose of reality and remind them how much work they were to raise for their own parents (in 1960s). That someday, their own kids may pay them back the "kindness."  When my mother ran across one of the old neighborhood kids 20 years later, they remembered her words: "Someday you may have children, remember how you were."  They thought back to those days and thanked her for her early incite and wisdom.

My mother has been gone for 20 years now.  I wonder what she would think of this selfish cluster mess of a world now. I wonder what positive incite she would have?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yeah, he was a Rams fan

Did you watch the FBI files last night?

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

So was Joe Friday.  Friday considered the AFL a league lead by hippies and freaks such as Joe Namath.  

Ben Davidson and Ike Lassiter weren't no hippies.

53 minutes ago, T&C said:

Did you watch the FBI files last night?

no, too much Charlie stuff popping up, kind of had my fill reading HS when it came out when i was 7 or 8....  :(

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There is no cure for ignorance 

I continue to strive for an answer. My wife is encouraging this, 

Vehemently. 

I think she will be disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Ann Landers Didn't Care for Hippies Much"

The 60's pariahs were rooting themselves in out there to sway the state to see their side. They did.

In 2019 California it's a festering mess with hand out types worse than free loading '60's types every were.

it's a mess.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

"Ann Landers Didn't Care for Hippies Much"

The 60's pariahs were rooting themselves then.

2019 California is a festering mess with hand out types worse than the free loading '60's types ever were.

Why are you so loud???  

?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why are you so loud???  

?

I quoted the title and my cheap kindle fire, which might be heading to a fire, won't corporate with type size. I also found out I can't use it for ESPN FF which is a 1st.

It's THUNDERDOME !!!!!!

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

I quoted the title and my cheap kindle fire, which might be heading to a fire, won't corporate with type size. I also found out I can't use it for ESPN FF which is a 1st.

It's THUNDERDOME !!!!!!

I’m not quite there now, but if I last long enough, the louder the better and big font will be a blessing!