Mario Williams arrested!

babulator

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, the second they response, they are the bad ones.  But honestly, you could just treated him as a regular person.  When I see people who look like they are having mental issues on the street, my first thought isn’t to mock them and laugh at them.

But again, that’s why players should get every penny they can and never worry about loyalty.  Because why some fans truly care, most fans don’t give a crap what happens to these guys the second they leave the team.  They are pieces of meat.   

I honestly don’t remember that game but I’ll take your word for it.  He was at times the most dominant defensive player we have had since Bruce.  And even if he wasn’t, mocking a human being (who has never been in any legal trouble or said anything bad about Buffalo) at their worse time seems pretty pathetic.

luckily, all the posters laughing at Mario have super perfect lives.  

Do you really care about any performer who has faded from the stage? The other guy from Wham! ? The cast of Saved By the Bell?  The "Where's The Beef?" lady?

No, you don't.  So why should you or we feel (or pretend to feel) differently about this particular group of entertainers?  What if he's not "crazy"...but just a giant entitled A-hole who's money makes him feel he can terrorize and bully whoever he wants?

They aren't "pieces of meat" (such drama!).  They are entertainers--or former entertainers--who weren't bright enough, or as at least not as bright as their peers (who are doing just fine) to prepare for meaningful life after football.

Hard working people looking at decades of making ends meet owe zero sympathy for these guys who had it all and blew it. 

The appropriate response is..."next!".

On 8/21/2019 at 7:15 AM, babulator said:

Mario Williams allegedly cloned a woman's garage remote in order to access her Katy apartment in the middle of the night, court documents say.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-texans-player-mario-williams-013522293.html

Whats wrong with people?

Broke already

On 8/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, NoSaint said:

If nothing else he seemed to show some warning signs of this kind of thing 

It was the fridge in his locker.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:41 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

WTF is a Katy apartment?

i was thinking the same thing.

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you really care about any performer who has faded from the stage? The other guy from Wham! ? The cast of Saved By the Bell?  The "Where's The Beef?" lady?

No, you don't.  So why should you or we feel (or pretend to feel) differently about this particular group of entertainers?  What if he's not "crazy"...but just a giant entitled A-hole who's money makes him feel he can terrorize and bully whoever he wants?

They aren't "pieces of meat" (such drama!).  They are entertainers--or former entertainers--who weren't bright enough, or as at least not as bright as their peers (who are doing just fine) to prepare for meaningful life after football.

Hard working people looking at decades of making ends meet owe zero sympathy for these guys who had it all and blew it. 

In this instance I must respectfully disagree.

When the city of Houston was in a bad financial situation, Mario Williams spent tens of thousands of dollars and donated actual police cars to help his community. His close friends were correction officers and cops. I'm sure that a few individuals will hate Mario for these things. I however think that this makes Mario a better person than someone who beats cops up in bars, or one who badmouths ALL police officers.

Can anyone view this video and not think that the man is genuinely ill? My thing is "there but for the grace of God." This could have been/could be any of us. The man needs help and I pray that he gets it.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Never cared for Mario.  If you're going to give someone one of the biggest football contracts at the time, I expected he would've been a generational talent during his tenure.  Imo he had some solid years with Marrone, that was all.

That being said I do find that creepy TMZ feasts on people's lowest moments like that.  

The Bills essentially paid $65-66 million for three seasons of near-elite to truly elite production from a premier position (pass rushing DE). That is a very good deal in today's NFL, all things considered.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Wow he had to be on something right? He just wasn’t making sense

It didn’t look like drugs to me. It looks like he’s manic/desperate. More of a mental issue. Of course I’m also factoring in the background with the other girlfriend from years ago. Jmo 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think a Bills player is different than an Actor or musician.  There is a connection with our city.  Mario, besides some motivation issues, kept his nose clean and was one of the first big free agents to choose Buffalo (obviously money helped).  When he was right, he was one of the best defensive Bills players I have ever seen.

all that stuff just makes you seem like a cold hearted human being with not much empathy.  Also given what we know about football, it’s not a stretch to think he career directly might have played into that night.  So I won’t laugh at the “crazy” homeless guy talking to himself on the curb, I’m not going to laugh at Mario in one of his worst moments.  Overall, I like the back and forth with you, even though you are wrong all the time.  But your post just sums up what is wrong with the world.  Laugh at other misfortunes and lack of empathy.  

43 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

In this instance I must respectfully disagree.

When the city of Houston was in a bad financial situation, Mario Williams spent tens of thousands of dollars and donated actual police cars to help his community. His close friends were correction officers and cops. I'm sure that a few individuals will hate Mario for these things. I however think that this makes Mario a better person than someone who beats cops up in bars, or one who badmouths ALL police officers.

Can anyone view this video and not think that the man is genuinely ill? My thing is "there but for the grace of God." This could have been/could be any of us. The man needs help and I pray that he gets it.

We all have good days and bad.  He did those nice things before the Bills blew all that cash making him insanely rich.  This is a guy who has proven to obsess over his ex's.  Doesn't make him crazy.  Was he crazy when he threatened to kill himself over a ring?

Having a personality disorder does not mean you are "mentally ill".  He's no more mentally ill than Tyreek Hill, who choked and punched the mother of his child---while she was pregnant with their child, and then recently was somehow involved in the harm of that child and threatened both the mother and the child.  I don't recall anyone saying "wow, he must be tragically, mentally breaking down.  He needs help".

This is simply how many of these guys treat women and it's not news.  Mario has probably raged at her and many others many times before.  This time one of them decided to bust him for it.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think a Bills player is different than an Actor or musician.  There is a connection with our city.  Mario, besides some motivation issues, kept his nose clean and was one of the first big free agents to choose Buffalo (obviously money helped).  When he was right, he was one of the best defensive Bills players I have ever seen.

all that stuff just makes you seem like a cold hearted human being with not much empathy.  Also given what we know about football, it’s not a stretch to think he career directly might have played into that night.  So I won’t laugh at the “crazy” homeless guy talking to himself on the curb, I’m not going to laugh at Mario in one of his worst moments.  Overall, I like the back and forth with you, even though you are wrong all the time.  But your post just sums up what is wrong with the world.  Laugh at other misfortunes and lack of empathy.  

He had a few good seasons and padded his stats then he quit on the Bills.  No empathy for that. Not laughing either.

Let me ask you this: what if, at the end of that encounter, he punched the girl and broke her jaw (hardly a stretch to imagine that outcome)?  Would you still be lamenting his lapse in behavior as something deserving of our collective sympathy?  No, you would not. 

Fans who develop unhealthy personal connections to sports stars are going to be faced with moral dilemmas such as yours--of their own making.   The world has limited capacity for empathy.  There are far more deserving of it than grossly overpaid ex-jocks who simply cannot understand how a man and a woman can normally interact.  People who work for a living and have many more mundane matters to worry about,  don't have infinite capacity to empathize with individuals who have nothing better  to do but menace others and spend money.  So, that's NOT what's wrong with the world. 

As for the bolded:  thanks for keeping it real!  lol

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Having a personality disorder does not mean you are "mentally ill".  He's no more mentally ill than Tyreek Hill, who choked and punched the mother of his child---while she was pregnant with their child, and then recently was somehow involved in the harm of that child and threatened both the mother and the child. 

As someone who has a bit of a background on domestic issues, I must say that imo, logic doesn't support the sentence above.

What Mario did was wrong. I am glad that he was arrested. He deserved it for illegally entering her home, and it seems as if he also violated an order of protection. He did not physically harm her, which he obviously could have. And yes, he has a checkered past wrt domestics.

He needs help and it seems that he needed it long ago. I never met the man, but my gut instinct tells me that he is more of a disturbed individual than a scumbag. I can easily be wrong, but call it an educated guess.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Let me ask you this: what if, at the end of that encounter, he punched the girl and broke her jaw (hardly a stretch to imagine that outcome)?  Would you still be lamenting his lapse in behavior as something deserving of our collective sympathy?  No, you would not. 

This is a 100% fair question. My answer is, of course not.

Tell me if you will..... are you a fan of Shady or have you turned your back on him?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It didn’t look like drugs to me. It looks like he’s manic/desperate. More of a mental issue. Of course I’m also factoring in the background with the other girlfriend from years ago. Jmo 

He sounded like he thought someone else opened the garage for him. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He had a few good seasons and padded his stats then he quit on the Bills.  No empathy for that. Not laughing either.

Fans who develop unhealthy personal connections to sports stars are going to be faced with moral dilemmas such as yours--of their own making.   The world has limited capacity for empathy.  There are far more deserving of it than grossly overpaid ex-jocks who simply cannot understand how a man and a woman can normally interact.  People who work for a living and have many more mundane matters to worry about,  don't have infinite capacity to empathize with individuals who have nothing better  to do but menace others and spend money.  So, that's NOT what's wrong with the world. 

As for the bolded:  thanks for keeping it real!  lol

But he didn’t punch her. In fact, he’s never been reported being violent.  If anything, this could be a cry for help. So instead of laughing at him, maybe we could hope he gets it.  But I’m just a SJW for caring about people!!!

and if he did punch her, the nfl would probably find a job for him. 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

As someone who has a bit of a background on domestic issues, I must say that imo, logic doesn't support the sentence above.

What Mario did was wrong. I am glad that he was arrested. He deserved it for illegally entering her home, and it seems as if he also violated an order of protection. He did not physically harm her, which he obviously could have. And yes, he has a checkered past wrt domestics.

He needs help and it seems that he needed it long ago. I never met the man, but my gut instinct tells me that he is more of a disturbed individual than a scumbag. I can easily be wrong, but call it an educated guess.

Tell me if you will..... are you a fan of Shady or have you turned your back on him?

Good post Bill.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

My point was that Hill wasn't labeled as mentally ill by posters here despite similar but repeated and more aggressive behavior.

McCoy was a good RB in Philly and here for a few years.  As a person, he's another on the spectrum with Mario.  A guy who treats people poorly or violently.  He's not a good man and shouldn't be idolized.

Just an amateur from the video - she didn’t appear “afraid” of him like she thought he would physically harm her. Usually that looks like sheer panic and calling 911, which is not what she did. He called the police, not her. She just wanted him out and was pissed off that he had found his way in. Now being the baby mama, I think it’s at least a possibility that he’s the one paying for her apartment. But that’s neither here nor there. He looks unstable, I’m guessing she knows that, and is trying to break it off as much as she can with a child involved but he’s not complying. Messy “divorce” Jmo 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But he didn’t punch her. In fact, he’s never been reported being violent.  If anything, this could be a cry for help. So instead of laughing at him, maybe we could hope he gets it.  But I’m just a SJW for caring about people!!!

and if he did punch her, the nfl would probably find a job for him. 

Good post Bill.  

So anything short of punching is a cry for help.  Punching/choking your pregnant baby momma is just to be chalked up as bad behavior requiring none of your empathy or caring . 

Strange indexing there...

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

My point was that Hill wasn't labeled as mentally ill by posters here despite similar but repeated and more aggressive behavior.

McCoy was a good RB in Philly and here for a few years.  As a person, he's another on the spectrum with Mario.  A guy who treats people poorly or violently.  He's not a good man and shouldn't be idolized.

Because Hill has a history of hitting women from college.  Incognito was an idiot since high school.  If Mario has stuff like that, I won’t be defending him.  But because wanting an engagement ring back, he has shown nothing like this.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

So anything short of punching is a cry for help.  Punching/choking your pregnant baby momma is just to be chalked up as bad behavior requiring none of your empathy or caring . 

Strange indexing there...

I have no idea what this even means.  You’re doing your Weo deflecting from the main point. Have a good one boss.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because Hill has a history of hitting women from college.  Incognito was an idiot since high school.  If Mario has stuff like that, I won’t be defending him.  But because wanting an engagement ring back, he has shown nothing like this.  

So why didn't you post about the mental well being of Hill, or Incognito (before he got to the Bills)? 

And if Mario is "obviously ill", but his illness included physical violence, you would NOT be defending him as a mentally ill person needing help?