Mass shooting at El Paso Walmart/and also Dayton OH

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

You're delusional if you believe that their aren't millions in the total ban camp in the US. There are continents of people living in total ban countries and many here want to emulate them.

I would put the number around the same as those who want Universal Healthcare.

again your assumption is unprovable and again I'll say ridiculous. This is a quote I fully agree with. To think that a country like the USA would EVER acquiesce to a total ban on guns in my opinion is to use your word "delusional"

Bruce Watson
Bruce Watson, Author of 4 books about America, including "Freedom Summer"

S0 few Americans support a complete gun ban that pollsters don't even ask the question. NO ONE in power is talking about a gun ban because it would lead to civil war. It's not on the table. It won't be. Meanwhile, the real effort is to get gun owners to understand that basic measures — background checks, trigger locks, bans on certain weapons — are not the first step to that "complete gun ban" they are certain is coming. It's as if you were arrested for drunk driving and you ran around telling everyone the judge was going to take your car. People would think you were… crazy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, muppy said:

again your assumption is unprovable and again I'll say ridiculous. This is a quote I fully agree with. To think that a country like the USA would EVER acquiesce to a total ban on guns in my opinion is to use your word "delusional"

...or you can just watch protestors on youtube.

Just now, DC Tom said:

I'm writing an article on it.  Maybe I'll let you read it when it's done.  

I would be very interested in that, thank you.  When will it be done?

Just now, Gugny said:

So what makes these guys become radicalized?

Honest answer?  It starts with the break-up/societal disintegration of the nuclear family.

Fatherless homes-> abuse or hyper feminization-> mental illness-> social isolation-> anti-depressants-> desensitization to/normalization of extreme violence coupled with dopamine hits for executing simulated violence-> radicalization in social media echo chambers.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Exactly. There is no appeasement of the anti-gunners. They want it all, and if you grant them a fraction of it, it won't stop them. Better to not tolerate any regulation.

THIS is the crux and it drives me nuts .....to me this ideology is stressed by gun lobbyists to the detriment of any rational discussion regarding what to do with the epidemic of mass shootings out country is seeing. More fear based rhetoric to enflame gun owners into thinking it is a none or all scenario in regards to gun ownership. This to me is stalemate with no hope of even a tad of compromise and that to me is unacceptable.  Even if some would prefer it I say it would Never happen in the USA. The gun lobbies,  the gun  culture that exists here  and in fact the gun owners themselves would straight up refuse to give up all their guns. not to mention the 2nd amendment of the constitution itself mandates the right to ownership. I again as was posted and quoted such a "ban" would lead to civil war and Its not happening here no way  NOPE. Just my opinion

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Honest answer?  It starts with the break-up/societal disintegration of the nuclear family.

Fatherless homes-> abuse or hyper feminization-> mental illness-> social isolation-> anti-depressants-> desensitization to/normalization of extreme violence coupled with dopamine hits for executing simulated violence-> radicalization in social media echo chambers.

I swear to God.  I bet you've said, "nuclear family," more times than Phil Rizzuto said, "Holy Cow!"

@LeviF91 - pointed out earlier that it's not single parent households as much as it is single mother households.  Factual data seems to back that theory up.

Many nuclear families are absolutely miserable, by the way.  That's also a fact.

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

...or you can just watch protestors on youtube.

so you are basing your opinions in youtube fanatics...you just made my point that there may be some but by no means a consensus of Americans want no guns. I just dont believe it and moreso to think it would ever happen here is straight up ridiculous as Ive already posted. No rational or reasonable discussion is allowed its all or nothing RIDICULOUS.......and for the record I dont own guns but would fight as hard for those who do if any such law said all guns to be confiscated....civil war indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So what makes these guys become radicalized?

calculators in the classroom

participation trophies

mommy not slapping juniors hand when he steals

allowing stand up peeer's to use sit down peer's bathrooms

paying people not to work

sense a theme here yet??

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, Helpmenow said:

Makes you wonder where we’re going in this country.

...incredible how murder has become desensitized BOTH by those committing the acts  as well as some people who see it as "old news".......

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I swear to God.  I bet you've said, "nuclear family," more times than Phil Rizzuto said, "Holy Cow!"

You say that as if advocating for what is statistically most likely to bring about the best outcomes for children, and has served as a basic building block of society for all of human history, is a bad thing.

I advocate for what is moral, and what is best. 

@LeviF91 - pointed out earlier that it's not single parent households as much as it is single mother households.  Factual data seems to back that theory up.

The census reports that 82.2% of single parent households are fatherless, and that's what we're talking about; though I imagine motherless households have problems of their own.

Many nuclear families are absolutely miserable, by the way.  That's also a fact.

Walking is good for your health.  The fact that some people don't have legs doesn't invalidate that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is a right wing talking point. People have been "radicalized" influenced by propaganda forever. Joseph Goebbels was from a good Catholic family, didn't stop him