Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I get what you’re saying dude, and I don’t think you were being offensive or rude as some seem to be implying.  Some folks are so quick to get their pantaloons in a bunch.

What do folks think about the OT pecking order?  Seems like Dawkins is locked in at LT, and it’s Fords job to lose at RT.  Then there’s Nsekhe who seems to be our swing tackle right now.

Where do we see McDermott, Waddle, and Wesley?

Meeting the Turk barring injuries (avert!) most probably - unless one or more of them is an ST ace.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Lotta talk today about how Ed's having some trouble adjusting to facing huge NFL olinemen. Whoda thunk it?

Just wondering where you saw that? Would like to read up on it. Thanks

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Heard our boy Ford had a good day today

The thing I am watching now is what is going on with Singletary.....nearly every report that is coming back from camp is that he looks awesome.  Im not a big calling out ppl to eat crow guy but there were some folks on this board that did not understand the pick.

Little early for that, let's wait to the pads go on. I hope I'm wrong and will happily eat crow. Lol

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Man! I remember that day...they had em!

It was the year of the Bickering Bills. House Ballard missed a block in Indy that injured Kelly, who called him out publicly and Thurman called out Kelly publicly for it. Reich went 3-0 in Kelly’s absence which saved the season but it still came down to a Win or Out finale at NYJ for a 9-7 record. They really weren’t ready yet, losing games they should have won at Seattle on MNF and a bad Saints team at home in the snow. But this game became the catalyst for the K-Gun they opened ‘90 with against the Colts.  The rest, as they say, is history.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It was the year of the Bickering Bills. House Ballard missed a block in Indy that injured Kelly, who called him out publicly and Thurman called out Kelly publicly for it. Reich went 3-0 in Kelly’s absence which saved the season but it still came down to a Win or Out finale at NYJ for a 9-7 record. They really weren’t ready yet, losing games they should have won at Seattle on MNF and a bad Saints team at home in the snow. But this game became the catalyst for the K-Gun they opened ‘90 with against the Colts.  The rest, as they say, is history.

Yes...most of the pieces were in place. Then they exploded!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Heard it on ESPN Rochester

Matt Parino? 

Be sure to check out the Youtube vid of Parino and Rodak talking about Josh Allen after the Pats game.  Actually Rodak is trying to be balanced but the whole thing has its moments of unintentional humor.

7 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Sounds like you might have some preconceived notions...

We're all who aren't there just trying to infer what's going on from the media and fans who report back..... but really, until the pads go on, who can tell what?  And when you've got a rookie who is a reactive player (defense), at this point there's really not much way to determine whether the problem is being physically overmatched or mentally at-sea.  It's that fraction of a second, do you know what's coming and what you're supposed to do?  Or are you having to think about it?  that makes all the difference.

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Heard it on ESPN Rochester. 

All I've seen have been the typical he still needs to develop/adjust to the NFL as a rookie nothing really all that negative at all I mean they were saying the same kind of things about Allen and Edmunds last year.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Heard our boy Ford had a good day today

The thing I am watching now is what is going on with Singletary.....nearly every report that is coming back from camp is that he looks awesome.  Im not a big calling out ppl to eat crow guy but there were some folks on this board that did not understand the pick.

singletary is my fantasy sleeper.  Shhhhhhhhh

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you link or indicate where to find some of this talk?

I think I'll wait until the pads go on to evaluate.

There was a tweet about him pushing Nsekhe back into "Barkley's lap". 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

All I've seen have been the typical he still needs to develop/adjust to the NFL as a rookie nothing really all that negative at all I mean they were saying the same kind of things about Allen and Edmunds last year.

There's that, and then as of last year, McDermott established a pattern of starting his 1st round pick further down the depth chart to let him earn his way up....it kind of backfired on him with Allen in terms of building rappore with the WR and getting more chances to play when he became the starter halfway through Game 1, but who's to say it didn't have a positive effect on Allen's willingness to work and to be coached?

2 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

There was a tweet about him pushing Nsekhe back into "Barkley's lap". 

Yeah, and I think another one of him being pushed out of the play by Nsekhe.  Until they put pads on...

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Pancho Billa can wear a wild costume and makeup and he's the quintessential Bills fan, while some guy dresses up as Darth Bill and he's a dope?  Dressing up is not my thing, but if some guys can have fun with it, more power to them. 

Come on, that is funny. As a Star Wars fan, I would love to have that costume for Halloween every year. 

• Like (+1) 1