Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo716

Baldy's Breakdown (Tremaine Edmunds)

Didn’t see the Extended version posted. He had lots of those wow flashes, especially in closing speed, I remember a lateral to a RB that would normally be a big gain and he was there in a split second for the tackle Behind the line.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

We lack that elite pass rusher like they have.  I just don’t think Hughes or Murphy are good enough.  Still a lot of very good pieces on the defense. 

....so we gratuitously extended him for the helluva it?......SMH.....desperation move..........

On 7/19/2019 at 6:29 AM, eball said:

Another solid take!

You can critique a lot of things about the Bills, but it's hard to fathom including Hughes' play as one of them.

You should try watching other nfl teams besides the Bills.  Most fan bases won’t be doing backflips over 22 sacks in 4 years (but he gets so close sometimes!!!).  Hughes is fine but he’s completely overrated here.  

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You should try watching other nfl teams besides the Bills.  Most fan bases won’t be doing backflips over 22 sacks in 4 years (but he gets so close sometimes!!!).  Hughes is fine but he’s completely overrated here.  

So childish. Grow up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like Hughes but you know if he was an unrestricted free agent the same people would be citing that as "easily replaceable".............it's the old "team control-ability" curve.  

On 7/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh I know Keuchly is getting busted up but when healthy you know for a fact that he is really good in a McDefense.

I think he's probably got a couple very good years left but with all the concussions who knows.

This season his cap number jumps up greatly and the thing with MLB's is that if they aren't GREAT and the team isn't winning those cap hits will draw attention.    It's one of those positions where it's easy for a team to think they could get by with less for a fraction of the cost.  

I wouldn't be shocked to see Julian Stanford start a lot of games for the Bills at MLB either........he is a great athlete and in the physical mold of what a lot of teams are looking for in a MLB or ILB now himself and was fine as a sub for Edmunds when he was out concussed last season.    If Edmunds gets hurt or struggles I'd rather see 2-3 games of Stanford at the position before making a trade.   

The Panthers have the potential to be a mess this year though so combined with the uncertainty about Edmunds at the position it bears consideration.   

The bills appear to have some nice depth this year at a lot of positions

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like Hughes but you know if he was an unrestricted free agent the same people would be citing that as "easily replaceable".............it's the old "team control-ability" curve.  

Hughes is not elite in the sack dept but I think he has actually improved as a run stop guy

• Like (+1) 1