You screwed up and now everything in your freezer is garbage

You changed the settings on your freezer when you were cleaning it and now you've lost everything.   

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Take it like a man and admit to your mistake.
    • Take it like a teef and blame your 4 year old.

Just now, Gugny said:

Rookie.  Give me Ellicottville all day long.

well since i live in wny, and drinking lite beer is our thing, i wouldn't expect you to understand!  

while we're talking about good beers...i had some rusty chain by the flying bison brewery yesterday.  i'm guessing it's considered more of a craft beer, and it was absolute dog *****.  i mean it was the worst tasting beer that ever crossed my lips.  people think lite beer is disgusting?  i challenge someone to have this beer and describe to me why they would want a second one.  

The obvious answer is to blame the child, can you imagine how much crap you would get from your wife for doing this? This is something that would come up for years

Edited by Bray Wyatt

3 minutes ago, teef said:

well since i live in wny, and drinking lite beer is our thing, i wouldn't expect you to understand!  

while we're talking about good beers...i had some rusty chain by the flying bison brewery yesterday.  i'm guessing it's considered more of a craft beer, and it was absolute dog *****.  i mean it was the worst tasting beer that ever crossed my lips.  people think lite beer is disgusting?  i challenge someone to have this beer and describe to me why they would want a second one.  

My worst beer experience was when I went out for an evening of drinking with my nephew.  We started out with a pitcher of some IPA neither of us had known of prior.  I don't recall the name.

We raised our glasses and took our first sips ... then looked at each other with the exact same, "what the ***** is this *****?" look on our faces.

Best way I can describe the taste is this .... try to imagine what it would taste like if you could drink a tree.  It was vile.

It was a whole pitcher.  I wasn't going to return it.   So we just choked it down as quickly as possible and moved onto some better, more familiar beer.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

From their website:

Rusty Chain

The #1 best selling local craft beer in Buffalo.  Medium bodied Vienna-style amber beer with soft, nutty malt flavors and just enough German hops for balance.  “Chain” goes great with chicken, pizza, grilled vegetables… pretty much everything now that we think about it.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My worst beer experience was when I went out for an evening of drinking with my nephew.  We started out with a pitcher of some IPA neither of us had known of prior.  I don't recall the name.

We raised our glasses and took our first sips ... then looked at each other with the exact same, "what the ***** is this *****?" look on our faces.

Best way I can describe the taste is this .... try to imagine what it would taste like if you could drink a tree.  It was vile.

It was a whole pitcher.  I wasn't going to return it.   So we just choked it down as quickly as possible and moved onto some better, more familiar beer.

oh...this stuff was the same way.  i had to force it down.  i've never had to force down a lite beer.  those suckers just glide down.

12 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t know what this is all about but teef has always been a blamer.

It’s never his fault.

you would know it's not my fault if you could gaze into my eyes.  the eyes are the gateway for the soul.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

From their website:

Rusty Chain

The #1 best selling local craft beer in Buffalo.  Medium bodied Vienna-style amber beer with soft, nutty malt flavors and just enough German hops for balance.  “Chain” goes great with chicken, pizza, grilled vegetables… pretty much everything now that we think about it.

awesome.  honestly, try one if you ever have the chance.  i hated every ***** second of that beer.  i want to punch the wife of the guy that invented it.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

To me, this is more about @teef's lack of troubleshooting than it is about the freezer being turned to zero.

If you noticed that your food was thawed, wouldn't the thermostat be the first thing you'd look at?

Is Teef a millennial???

A reasonable man would do what you suggest.

just a little update because i know everyone has been on the edge of their seats.  

it wasn't the thermostat.  at all.  we wondered how our daughter or anyone else for that matter could change it.  it's a pain to get to, and you'd have to go way out of your way to change it...like screwing with us out of the way.  well...it broke again, days later.  $1900 to fix the freezer side.  *****.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, Gugny said:

Next in line years ago behind a customer in the Brewers Retail, I heard him order Labatt’s IPA.  As I was in an adventurous mood, I asked for a six pack upon being served.  5 bottles sat in the fridge for months, being slowly meted out to visitors I was hoping to put the run on.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, teef said:

Because after the first one, all beers taste the same?

(I actually enjoy FB’s Rusty Chain ??)

Edited by The Senator

39 minutes ago, teef said:

just a little update because i know everyone has been on the edge of their seats.  

it wasn't the thermostat.  at all.  we wondered how our daughter or anyone else for that matter could change it.  it's a pain to get to, and you'd have to go way out of your way to change it...like screwing with us out of the way.  well...it broke again, days later.  $1900 to fix the freezer side.  *****.

I regret once owning a Ford Taurus. When the AC went out I took it to a client who was a mechanic. He gave me the good news first, it’s only about a $30 part. Bad news? It’s $800-900 in labor.....you just can’t get to it. Been that way for years, and they just won’t change the design. He made me take it to the dealer because he didn’t want me made at him. Sure enough, right about $900 total. 

16 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Because after the first one, all beers taste the same?

(I actually enjoy FB’s Rusty Chain ??)

i tried with that and i just couldn't.  it was so bad i wondered if i had a bad or skunky batch.

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I regret once owning a Ford Taurus. When the AC went out I took it to a client who was a mechanic. He gave me the good news first, it’s only about a $30 part. Bad news? It’s $800-900 in labor.....you just can’t get to it. Been that way for years, and they just won’t change the design. He made me take it to the dealer because he didn’t want me made at him. Sure enough, right about $900 total. 

and then you feel obligated to hang onto the thing for a while after the money is spent.  i just need to get 5-6 more years out of this thing.  

14 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Could you please punch Megan Rapinoe instead?

i don't know why, but she irks me too.

14 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Could you please punch Megan Rapinoe instead?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't know why, but she irks me too.

You're both just mad that she has a bigger penis than you do.

Just now, Gugny said:

You're both just mad that she has a bigger penis than you do.

there's no doubt she does.  you know she just walks around the locker room with her towel off to let it whip around.

• Haha (+1) 1

A few weeks ago I opened the fridge and the light didn't turn on. Troubleshooting time:

1. Nothing else in the kitchen was out, so I assumed the breaker hadn't been tripped.

2. I'd just replaced the bulb so I was pretty sure it wasn't burned out, but to confirm that, I cranked the temperature to the extreme lowest. When the compressor didn't kick on, I figured the fridge was dead. (It's about 9 years old.)

So the wife, son, and I hauled all the food downstairs to the "auxiliary" fridge. (It's mostly for beer and wine, but it sometimes holds Thanksgiving leftovers and stuff that doesn't fit in the kitchen fridge.)

The next day, my wife and I had a discussion about getting it fixed vs just buying a new one. As I researched various brands and models, I started thinking more about the breaker. Is it possible that nothing else in the kitchen is on that circuit, and that's why all the other appliances worked? So I checked the breaker box and, sure enough, one breaker had tripped. I turned it back on and the fridge magically came to life. Whoever wired the house put the fridge outlet on its own circuit. (This is the third house we've owned and I've never seen that before.)

And yes, I owned up to it and hauled all the stuff back up to the main fridge myself.