You screwed up and now everything in your freezer is garbage

You changed the settings on your freezer when you were cleaning it and now you've lost everything.   

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Take it like a man and admit to your mistake.
    • Take it like a teef and blame your 4 year old.

why in god's name would i turn up the setting in the freezer?!  there's only three people in my house physically capable of it at this point...myself, my wife and my daughter.  my son can't even walk yet.  on top of that, my daughter is into getting herself ice for her water.  i know that ***** saw the dial and started to mess with  it.  on top of that, she told my wife that she did it, and said she was just kidding.  where there's smoke...there's fire. 

that service guy must of thought we were the biggest ****heads.

• Haha (+1) 1

I nearly did this a few months ago. I had to turn off some breakers to do some electrical work and forgot to turn the chest freezer breaker back on. Thankfully my wife discovered it before everything was completely thawed out.

2 hours ago, teef said:

why in god's name would i turn up the setting in the freezer?!  there's only three people in my house physically capable of it at this point...myself, my wife and my daughter.  my son can't even walk yet.  on top of that, my daughter is into getting herself ice for her water.  i know that ***** saw the dial and started to mess with  it.  on top of that, she told my wife that she did it, and said she was just kidding.  where there's smoke...there's fire. 

that service guy must of thought we were the biggest ****heads.

If it’s like mine it’s easy to change without realizing when you wipe it down when cleaning. I’ve done it but caught the change before getting to the disaster stage.

11 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If it’s like mine it’s easy to change without realizing when you wipe it down when cleaning. I’ve done it but caught the change before getting to the disaster stage.

To me, this is more about @teef's lack of troubleshooting than it is about the freezer being turned to zero.

If you noticed that your food was thawed, wouldn't the thermostat be the first thing you'd look at?

Is Teef a millennial???

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

i'm the cleaner in the house, and i haven't touched the freezer in months.  i know my wife isn't cleaning that *****, so the only other thing i can think of is that it got messed with on saturday when we had a party, (if it wasn't my daughter).  there was almost 60 people over, so who knows what happened.  i wouldn't even have thought it was her until she told my wife she did it.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

To me, this is more about @teef's lack of troubleshooting than it is about the freezer being turned to zero.

If you noticed that your food was thawed, wouldn't the thermostat be the first thing you'd look at?

Is Teef a millennial???

well...it's weird.  it came with the house, and it's a 30 year old sub zero fridge.  it's on its way out, but you can repair those things fairly easily.  it was making a strange noise for about a week, (very loud knocking), so i did the basic stuff like clean out the fan, dust, etc.  still the noise.  of course when we had the repair guy out, there was no noise at all, so he told us to call if it happened again.  during the party my wife realized it was starting to warm up, so we just thought the freezer finally died. after all, who in the world would mess with that.  it's off to the side so you'd really have to find and play with it.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm the cleaner in the house, and i haven't touched the freezer in months.  i know my wife isn't cleaning that *****, so the only other thing i can think of is that it got messed with on saturday when we had a party, (if it wasn't my daughter).  there was almost 60 people over, so who knows what happened.  i wouldn't even have thought it was her until she told my wife she did it.

well...it's weird.  it came with the house, and it's a 30 year old sub zero fridge.  it's on its way out, but you can repair those things fairly easily.  it was making a strange noise for about a week, (very loud knocking), so i did the basic stuff like clean out the fan, dust, etc.  still the noise.  of course when we had the repair guy out, there was no noise at all, so he told us to call if it happened again.  during the party my wife realized it was starting to warm up, so we just thought the freezer finally died. after all, who in the world would mess with that.  it's off to the side so you'd really have to find and play with it.

Were you drinking 2X IPAs all day, that day?

Old house, we had a fridge that sometimes the door would not shut all the way, you'd have to "pick it up" when closing. Discovered the bottom hinge was starting to break, so if you happened to lean on the door when it was open, it would put it just enough out of alignment to not shut fully. But the problem was, between the time we discovered this and the new part arrived, we were hosting a party. Spent most of that day double checking that the door was closed. 

New house, haven't figured out a solution yet, but our door won't shut fully on it's own. It will stop about 1-2 inches before closing, so we have to push it shut. I suspect like the old house, it's just a hinge alignment, but I haven't taken the time to deal with it yet. 

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Old house, we had a fridge that sometimes the door would not shut all the way, you'd have to "pick it up" when closing. Discovered the bottom hinge was starting to break, so if you happened to lean on the door when it was open, it would put it just enough out of alignment to not shut fully. But the problem was, between the time we discovered this and the new part arrived, we were hosting a party. Spent most of that day double checking that the door was closed. 

New house, haven't figured out a solution yet, but our door won't shut fully on it's own. It will stop about 1-2 inches before closing, so we have to push it shut. I suspect like the old house, it's just a hinge alignment, but I haven't taken the time to deal with it yet. 

Can you adjust the feet on the bottom of the fridge (raise the two front ones) so it leans backwards enough to make the door shut on its own?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Can you adjust the feet on the bottom of the fridge (raise the two front ones) so it leans backwards enough to make the door shut on its own?

Maybe, I'll check that out over the weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1