Albums you've listened to the most

15 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Thanks for clarifying. First off, I have seen that album.........and asked my guy all about it. Fascinating stuff. 

As for my vinyl that I've listened to the most? I've only had them for nearly two years now, so many of your albums already listed would count, but not for vinyl.

I'd say:

Pink Floyd, DSOTM

Elton John, Madman Across the Water

Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street

Black Crowes, Southern Harmony

Buckingham-Nicks (self titled, the album they recorded in Sound City when Mic Fleetwood discovered them)

David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Neil Young, Hitchhiker

Santana, Abraxas

Grateful Dead, Europe '72

Supertramp, Breakfast in America (honestly, the best-sounding album out of them all that I own.)

There are SO many more that I've heard WAY more, but not on vinyl. 

Audio Technica AT-LP120 turntable, with an AT VM540ML cartridge.

I'm not the OP so I don't know what he meant... I just said that I'm going with vinyl. 

This may be unpopular but I never liked Exile on Main Street... it just never clicked with me although I've had it dozens of times. Stones stuff before and after but not that one. 

44 minutes ago, T&C said:

This may be unpopular but I never liked Exile on Main Street... it just never clicked with me although I've had it dozens of times. Stones stuff before and after but not that one. 

please leave go away GIF by CBC

?

I used to think Sticky Fingers was the their best work. Then I got studio monitor headphones and listened to Exile on vinyl through those......and that was all she wrote. Also, Quadrophenia on headphones is DOPE.

Black Keys - The Big Come Up (with the exception of 240 Years Before Your Time, which is a few minutes of nonsense and 20 minutes of dead air)

The Revivalists - Men Amongst Mountains 

Soundgarden - Bad Motorfinger

Any Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, or Nirvana album 

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway 

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine or Broken

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic

Social Distortion - White Light, White Heat, White Trash

Stone Temple Pilots - Core

Alice in Chains - Facelift

Not all recent or often, but when I listen to them it’s typically the whole album start to finish 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

please leave go away GIF by CBC

?

I used to think Sticky Fingers was the their best work. Then I got studio monitor headphones and listened to Exile on vinyl through those......and that was all she wrote. Also, Quadrophenia on headphones is DOPE.

I like Metamorphosis quite a bit... but everything other than EOMS up to Some Girls is excellent here. Have Quadrophenia on CD in the car... listen to it around once a month, Loud. Genius Lp. Lately I've noticed that half of it is the album and the other half is Moon's drumming... dude was a monster on the kit.

If you like Stones music... Rico does as well... this is a good listen:

• Like (+1) 1

Radiohead - OK Computer, The Bends

Jet- Get Born

Tool-undertow 

metallica- seek and destroy

rage against the machine- self titled

doors- an American prayer

smashing pumpkins- gish

wolfmother

bob Marley- catch a fire

wilco- kicking television

rolling stones- hot rocks

jimi discography

black sabbath- paranoid 

• Like (+1) 1

Man, the people responding in this thread are AWESOME music lovers.

@Pete

bob Marley- catch a fire

This isn't a top-10 album in terms of listen time, but it's my FAVORITE physical album I own. I paid way too much for it, and I have the special clear vinyl with smoke inlays. The way it opens and how it looks is unparalleled. And the music is dope. (File photos below, not mine)

R-416733-1549542238-6515.jpeg.jpg

Related image

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, T&C said:

I like Metamorphosis quite a bit... but everything other than EOMS up to Some Girls is excellent here. Have Quadrophenia on CD in the car... listen to it around once a month, Loud. Genius Lp. Lately I've noticed that half of it is the album and the other half is Moon's drumming... dude was a monster on the kit.

If you like Stones music... Rico does as well... this is a good listen:

I still have the original vinyl of that.:D

Played a cassette copy from it start-to-finish many times.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, KD in CA said:

I’d need a time machine to recall the last time I listened to an entire album.

I love the sound of the needle..my albums are banged up but listenable.Target sells players..won't help the old 45's /lp's but it gives you that chance to go back back in time..

last I played..Sunday evening..Rush 212.I put the plastic insert in..(bride did)..she played my Sharona (horrible)..Saturday Night(Bay City Rollers)..brutal song.

Cars.. "Since your gone".Even with my back..we danced light.

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I see your Sesame Street, and I raise you my rare splatter vinyl of Fraggle Rock.......

image.png.ed3f71dca3f9bd05aa0a1c60ab553b6b.png

good stuff, can you still sing the songs??

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

good stuff, can you still sing the songs??

Yes, yes I can.

It's REALLY weird to have good music, and then hear the Muppet vocals.......I never thought Jim Henson's voice would come through a turntable in my apartment, at age 41. But it has.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Yes, yes I can.

It's REALLY weird to have good music, and then hear the Muppet vocals.......I never thought Jim Henson's voice would come through a turntable in my apartment, at age 41. But it has.

i love trash (can take on more connotations since then)

and

Big Bird's song singing out the alphabet still rings through my mind when tired from the rat race

I already named my no.1 and no. 2.

No. 3: Appetite for Destruction. I know every single word to every song on that album. 

This is not a favorites question. But if it was...I'd say Master of Puppets and Dark Side of the Moon.

It is impossible though for me to name a favorite band, album, artist, etc...I get super amped when I here Quiet Riot on the radio! Many other songs/bands too! Have a Drink on Me nearly blows my speakers every time! 

Edited by BUFFALOKIE