NFLPA Email sent to players advising to prepare for work stoppage of at least 1 year

10 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

The rookie salary slots are kind of a mixed bag. While veterans don't want to see the types of deals Sam Bradford got before he ever played a down in the NFL, the rookie salary structure also leads to more high priced veterans being let go each year because the rookies are much, much cheaper. 

I understand that but I think with the exception of the top 8 of each draft the slots are basically what they were getting anyways before new CBA. So while certainly a valid point I think they will not fight it.

22 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Not all owners are in that boat.  In a long work stoppage I imagine Raiders will have financial issues.

so you are saying there is an exception to the obvious situation?

the Raiders are sunk already, needed bridge loans to pay salaries last season.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, Limeaid said:

Not all owners are in that boat.  In a long work stoppage I imagine Raiders will have financial issues.

Im sure that they will be fine.  And one (or two or three) weak links in 32 is much easier to deal with and make whole than hundreds of weak links of 1,800 players

Plus, the ownership side is fighting for the biggest share of the revenue pie and to keep costs down.  If the players win and we have an uncapped league in a wild west environment, it gets much, much worse for the Mark Davises and Mike Browns of the league.  They would happily sit out and/or resort to replacement players to maintain the current owner-juggernaut structure.