Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T&C

Stanley Cup Finals: Bruins Vs Blues

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

NHL must be dying for a Bruins win.

 

That's a given.   

 

What really bugs me is how biased Hockey Night in Canada is.   I always watch them over NBC and I've been really annoyed with their coverage.  I realize that having Cherry as their clown prince of first intermission 'entertainment' is going to have some influence on that.   But Hughson and Simpson may as well be on the Bruins telecast team (man I miss Bob Cole)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

 

That's a given.   

 

What really bugs me is how biased Hockey Night in Canada is.   I always watch them over NBC and I've been really annoyed with their coverage.  I realize that having Cherry as their clown prince of first intermission 'entertainment' is going to have some influence on that.   But Hughson and Simpson may as well be on the Bruins telecast team (man I miss Bob Cole)...

 

Doesn't matter.  No one's watching.

 

Having NHL in places like Florida is a joke.  Down there, they think "icing" is what you put on your 13 year old daughter's baby shower cake.  "Forechecking" is what happens when your latest mortgage check bounces yet again and your lender takes your double wide.  "off sides" is when your pit bull crosses into your neighbors yard and chews the face off their infant son.

 

NHL is a disaster.  They've  taken to touting Stanley Cup ratings "victories" like beating out the Tony Awardsand "PD Live" and some Premiere League soccer game.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Doesn't matter.  No one's watching.

 

Having NHL in places like Florida is a joke.  Down there, they think "icing" is what you put on your 13 year old daughter's baby shower cake.  "Forechecking" is what happens when your latest mortgage check bounces yet again and your lender takes your double wide.  "off sides" is when your pit bull crosses into your neighbors yard and chews the face off their infant son.

 

NHL is a disaster.  They've  taken to touting Stanley Cup ratings "victories" like beating out the Tony Awardsand "PD Live" and some Premiere League soccer game.

 

Lol!   Who gives a $@%t about whether anyone's watching or not.    Do you give care about who's watching the Tony's?   

 

Do you watch the Bills because other people are watching or because you, yourself enjoy the sport/team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Doesn't matter.  No one's watching.

 

Having NHL in places like Florida is a joke.  Down there, they think "icing" is what you put on your 13 year old daughter's baby shower cake.  "Forechecking" is what happens when your latest mortgage check bounces yet again and your lender takes your double wide.  "off sides" is when your pit bull crosses into your neighbors yard and chews the face off their infant son.

 

NHL is a disaster.  They've  taken to touting Stanley Cup ratings "victories" like beating out the Tony Awardsand "PD Live" and some Premiere League soccer game.

 

i'll watch a game 7, i won't go past one OT though

 

the first game i've watched since the B's took out the Leafs

 

alright!!

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, KD in CA said:

 

It will be awesome of Boston loses.

It will completely suck if Boston wins.

 

Who else is 100% certain Big Papi will open the game with some kind of message from his room, Boston will go down 2 in the 3rd, tie it up and win in OT..and then claim no one believed in them and how they overcome adversity of an awful call against  rinse, repeat. 

 

If(when) they win, i want it to be over early..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

 

Lol!   Who gives a $@%t about whether anyone's watching or not.    Do you give care about who's watching the Tony's?   

 

Do you watch the Bills because other people are watching or because you, yourself enjoy the sport/team?

 

i watch the Bills due to inertia and tradition since 1973, there's a glimmer of hope in my heart in the upcoming season, which has been rare for 25 or so years.

 

 

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

 

Who else is 100% certain Big Papi will open the game with some kind of message from his room, Boston will go down 2 in the 3rd, tie it up and win in OT..and then claim no one believed in them and how they overcome adversity of an awful call against  rinse, repeat. 

 

If(when) they win, i want it to be over early..

 

you see the second when the Bruins flip the switch and get serious, just like when you can pause at the exact frame Ralph Wiggum's heart breaks at Lisa's denial

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Doesn't matter.  No one's watching.

 

Having NHL in places like Florida is a joke.  Down there, they think "icing" is what you put on your 13 year old daughter's baby shower cake.  "Forechecking" is what happens when your latest mortgage check bounces yet again and your lender takes your double wide.  "off sides" is when your pit bull crosses into your neighbors yard and chews the face off their infant son.

 

NHL is a disaster.  They've  taken to touting Stanley Cup ratings "victories" like beating out the Tony Awardsand "PD Live" and some Premiere League soccer game.

Beating those shows is one thing. Have their ratings beaten the National Spelling Bee yet? :D

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2010/6/7/1506138/spelling-bee-stanley-cup-ratings-game-4

Edited by Rico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

If(when) they win, i want it to be over early..

 

Excellent point.......I'm planning on staying up through one OT but then that's it. I'd rather have Boston up huge through 2 so I can turn it off, rather than watch an OT loss to those pudwhacks.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

you see the second when the Bruins flip the switch and get serious, just like when you can pause at the exact frame Ralph Wiggum's heart breaks at Lisa's denial

 

 

image.png.6410c3a9c8dbad81bba72a38b5e94631.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

 

Excellent point.......I'm planning on staying up through one OT but then that's it. I'd rather have Boston up huge through 2 so I can turn it off, rather than watch an OT loss to those pudwhacks.

 

 

image.png.6410c3a9c8dbad81bba72a38b5e94631.png

 

yup, NOW the Bruins are going to try, and then they win

 

this strategy can backfire...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lurker said:

 

Lol!   Who gives a $@%t about whether anyone's watching or not.    Do you give care about who's watching the Tony's?   

 

Do you watch the Bills because other people are watching or because you, yourself enjoy the sport/team?

 

 

Well....the NHL for one---which was the point of my posts.  I thought that was more obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

 

Who else is 100% certain Big Papi will open the game with some kind of message from his room, Boston will go down 2 in the 3rd, tie it up and win in OT..and then claim no one believed in them and how they overcome adversity of an awful call against  rinse, repeat. 

 

If(when) they win, i want it to be over early..

 

I’ll be surprised if they don’t make the Blues participate in a ceremonial puck drop in his hospital room.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rico said:

Beating those shows is one thing. Have their ratings beaten the National Spelling Bee yet? :D

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2010/6/7/1506138/spelling-bee-stanley-cup-ratings-game-4

 

 

Does the National Spelling Bee care if they beat the Tony's in ratings??

 

Absolutely...A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y....Absolutely

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Well....the NHL for one---which was the point of my posts.  I thought that was more obvious.

 

"Having NHL in places like Florida is a joke.  Down there, they think "icing" is what you put on your 13 year old daughter's baby shower cake.  "Forechecking" is what happens when your latest mortgage check bounces yet again and your lender takes your double wide.  "off sides" is when your pit bull crosses into your neighbors yard and chews the face off their infant son."

 

Yeah.   Something obvious, anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

 

"Having NHL in places like Florida is a joke.  Down there, they think "icing" is what you put on your 13 year old daughter's baby shower cake.  "Forechecking" is what happens when your latest mortgage check bounces yet again and your lender takes your double wide.  "off sides" is when your pit bull crosses into your neighbors yard and chews the face off their infant son."

 

Yeah.   Something obvious, anyway...

 

Oh, that was the funny part!  That was my editorial on why the NHL is suffering as a pro sport on TV and in the public realm.  Obviously.

 

You missed the other parts/posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far so good... 50% shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

 

Who else is 100% certain Big Papi will open the game with some kind of message from his room, Boston will go down 2 in the 3rd, tie it up and win in OT..and then claim no one believed in them and how they overcome adversity of an awful call against  rinse, repeat. 

 

If(when) they win, i want it to be over early..

 

Right on track!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so far 50% right..i am shocked, and I mean i would have bet a lot, on a Big Papi video message .

 

Bruins down 2 though is right on, prepare for the dramatic Boston"never say die, heart of a champion , that's what this city is " win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so far 50% right..i am shocked, and I mean i would have bet a lot, on a Big Papi video message .

 

Bruins down 2 though is right on, prepare for the dramatic Boston"never say die, heart of a champion , that's what this city is " win

You just stop it lol...

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, T&C said:

You just stop it lol...

Just sent my nephew a text that goes as follows..

 

I am convinced ROR scores a hat trick this game, Bruins win in OT..ROR still gets Conn Smythe, Bruins win the Cup..the world continues to kick Buffalo sports fans in the nads

Edited by plenzmd1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just sent my nephew a text that goes as follows..

 

I am convinced ROR scores a hat trick this game, Bruins win in OT..ROR still gets Conn Smythe, Bruins win the Cup..the world continues to kick Buffalo sports fans in the nads

Text him again... "Now I'm thinking shutout".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never, ever understand why the linesman cannot pick up broken sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I will never, ever understand why the linesman cannot pick up broken sticks.

 

Union job.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T&C said:

Text him again... "Now I'm thinking shutout".

thx for the freaking jinx....every Sabre Fan/Bruin Hater can now has you to blame!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...